• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Boltgang74
    We Are The Storm!
    • Aug 2018
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Fleet View Post

I dont think that should be a problem. I will need to know more from you. But im getting in bed. Lets try and figure this out tomorrow. Ill add Firefox on my phone and go through it. Ill reach out tomorrow.
    Appreciate it Fleet

Comment

• wu-dai clan
      Smooth Operation
      • May 2017
      • Send PM

I looked carefully at our current depth chart this evening.

People like Egbule, Christiansen, Sokol, St. Louis, Pipkins, Norton, Toner, Campbell, Gilman must be put in a certain category, as far as roster building goes.
      ​​​​​
      They are stealthy, up and coming, depth pieces, but try not to get too excited.

The roster will surely get filled out with June + bargains, as the cap situation and the huge number of available UFAs make this inevitable.
      ​​​​
      Patience is in order, with our minimal number of players under contract, as it will all come together in a timely manner, with or without off season programs.

I reiterate my call for playmakers, or as Dr. Evil would say, "I need more weapons."

Acute positions of need remain Nickel DB, ORG, TE, and some sort of EDGE-4i guy who is hard to describe, but we'll know it when we get him (Odeyingbo would have been perfect, but for achilles.)
      We do not play modern football.

Comment

• Lone Bolt
        Oline-Tip of the Spear...
        • Feb 2019
        • McLean Illinois
        • Pipefitter Illinois State University
        • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt Dude View Post

From what I’ve seen Villanueva’s lost his anchor and is a poor run blocker. His technical skills are still fine but his brute strength/leg drive is highly questionable at this point in his career. It looks like it’s slipping away...fast.

Reiff is technically sound and still has some angry juice in the tank.
        I agree....but would be ok with V for a good price, short deal...I think he allows a 2nd or 3rd round rookie time to develop properly...maybe spend a couple of years at RG...it's a rite of passage for many successful pro tackles....again, not my first choice, but who knows what the Bolts are thinking.

I would insert Sewell or Slater immediately...maybe Little...but I got no problem picking up a less than stellar, but somewhat solid short term vet option at LT, to either buy time for a developing guy we get in later rounds, or for us to take another stab at drafting a blue chip, plun n play guy in 2022.
        Adopted Bolt: Kimani Vidal RB

Final prediction: Latham OT, Colson LB, Sainristil CB,Rice WR, Zinter OG, Nourzad OC, MacLachlan TE, Vidal RB, Lovett DT

Comment

• UglyTruth
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Oct 2018
          • Send PM

The Linsley signing was great. The other one’s ok, he seems like Steelers version of Jeremy Clary. Still probably an upgrade for how awful this line was last season.

I don’t understand how Telesco decided to take a nap yesterday though. Gerald Everett was available and ended up signing for cheap with Seattle. He could’ve replaced Henry for us. Haason Reddick ended up signing a cheap 1 yr deal with Carolina. He had 12 sacks last season. He could’ve replaced Ingram for us.

I don’t get it, does Telesco think free agency is over and now he’s just gonna rely on the draft entirely?

I think the hype from signing Linsley got to his head. We still have MAJOR needs at CB, S, LG, LT, OLB, DT and DE.
          Tom Telesco’s Results in 9 years as Chargers GM:

- 69-74 record
          - 0 division titles in 9 yrs as GM
          - Worst record among all active GMs with same tenure
          - 6th worst winning percentage among all active GMs overall
          - 2 playoff wins despite elite QB all 9 yrs
          - Team still has the same weaknesses (Oline and run defense) that it had when hired as GM in 2013
          - Consistently puts together horrible depth, expects starters to never miss games

Comment

• Tbone33101
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Aug 2019
            • Send PM

Originally posted by UglyTruth View Post
            The Linsley signing was great. The other one’s ok, he seems like Steelers version of Jeremy Clary. Still probably an upgrade for how awful this line was last season.

I don’t understand how Telesco decided to take a nap yesterday though. Gerald Everett was available and ended up signing for cheap with Seattle. He could’ve replaced Henry for us. Haason Reddick ended up signing a cheap 1 yr deal with Carolina. He had 12 sacks last season. He could’ve replaced Ingram for us.

I don’t get it, does Telesco think free agency is over and now he’s just gonna rely on the draft entirely?

I think the hype from signing Linsley got to his head. We still have MAJOR needs at CB, S, LG, LT, OLB, DT and DE.
            I don’t understand this line of thinking. Maybe those guys you list are not on his list of guys? What has Gerald Everett ever done to be a priority? Maybe he has a tight end plan that doesn’t include that particular mediocre TE?
            Free Agency is a long process most years and especially this year and those who spend early and often more times than not don’t wind up with the most success.
            There will be a LOT of cuts and bargains to be had for teams that still have the cap to spend. Telesco made smart early moves and now is waiting for the market to develop. Smart move in my opinion. Maybe on tight end he gets one of the two top guys in the draft, maybe trades for ertz? Who knows but I think it’s WAY to early to judge the free agency period...lots of time left! The roster doesn’t need to be finalized in March.

Comment

• UglyTruth
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Oct 2018
              • Send PM

Originally posted by Tbone33101 View Post

I don’t understand this line of thinking. Maybe those guys you list are not on his list of guys? What has Gerald Everett ever done to be a priority? Maybe he has a tight end plan that doesn’t include that particular mediocre TE?
              Free Agency is a long process most years and especially this year and those who spend early and often more times than not don’t wind up with the most success.
              There will be a LOT of cuts and bargains to be had for teams that still have the cap to spend. Telesco made smart early moves and now is waiting for the market to develop. Smart move in my opinion. Maybe on tight end he gets one of the two top guys in the draft, maybe trades for ertz? Who knows but I think it’s WAY to early to judge the free agency period...lots of time left! The roster doesn’t need to be finalized in March.
              Your giving Telesco the benefit of doubt...based on what exactly? In his tenure as GM, the team has barely sniffed playoffs twice in 8 years. I’ll give him props for drafting Herbert but he himself is on record saying he wouldn’t have minded Tagovailoa either and that Telesco had Tua and Hebert ranked exactly the same on his big board and would’ve drafted whichever one fell to them.

This is the largest amount of salary space that Telesco has had as GM. He better not squander it. Teams take advantage of having a QB on the rookie contract and that’s what he should be doing as well.
              Tom Telesco’s Results in 9 years as Chargers GM:

- 69-74 record
              - 0 division titles in 9 yrs as GM
              - Worst record among all active GMs with same tenure
              - 6th worst winning percentage among all active GMs overall
              - 2 playoff wins despite elite QB all 9 yrs
              - Team still has the same weaknesses (Oline and run defense) that it had when hired as GM in 2013
              - Consistently puts together horrible depth, expects starters to never miss games

Comment

• Tbone33101
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Aug 2019
                • Send PM

Your giving Telesco the benefit of doubt...based on what exactly? In his tenure as GM, the team has barely sniffed playoffs twice in 8 years. I’ll give him props for drafting Herbert but he himself is on record saying he wouldn’t have minded Tagovailoa either and that Telesco had Tua and Hebert ranked exactly the same on his big board and would’ve drafted whichever one fell to them.

This is the largest amount of salary space that Telesco has had as GM. He better not squander it. Teams take advantage of having a QB on the rookie contract and that’s what he should be doing as well.
                It’s not just that I’m giving him the benefit of the doubt as you say....I’m saying I agree with the strategy personally. My biggest want was linsley and he spent the money needed. Outside of that I believe it’s wise to let the market play out and let other teams spend their cap space and weaponize our cap space...mostly I’m just saying it’s way too early to judge this particular roster building...free agency is literally 2 days old!

Comment

• Lone Bolt
                  Oline-Tip of the Spear...
                  • Feb 2019
                  • McLean Illinois
                  • Pipefitter Illinois State University
                  • Send PM

With the occasional exceptions(Linsley, Feiler this year) TT is always gonna favor targets of opportunity in FA, while setting his sites on the draft. Reasonably priced vets, who fit us here, can still be added as they come available. We see options dwindling, but our guys see options that may yet become available, plus the draft....I dont understand how anyone can be surprised by this. TT has been straight forward about this if nothing else...he builds thru the draft, and merely bolsters a bit thru FA.
                  Adopted Bolt: Kimani Vidal RB

Final prediction: Latham OT, Colson LB, Sainristil CB,Rice WR, Zinter OG, Nourzad OC, MacLachlan TE, Vidal RB, Lovett DT

Comment

• Topcat
                    AKA "Pollcat"
                    • Jan 2019
                    • Send PM

Maybe TT is done with FA and planning on playing the "Comp Game"...

Comment

• Topcat
                      AKA "Pollcat"
                      • Jan 2019
                      • Send PM

Perryman to the Panthers:

perryman.JPG

Comment

• wu-dai clan
                        Smooth Operation
                        • May 2017
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltgang74 View Post
                        Just read Charger reps are talkin to Steelers LT Vellanueva or however ya say his name.Woulda shared the pic but still cant share pics on this site.
                        We do not play modern football.

Comment

• Topcat
                          AKA "Pollcat"
                          • Jan 2019
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by like54ninjas View Post

Why’d he bring back Cam then?
                          I'm guessing for backup purposes...Cam is the new Tyrod...

Comment

Working...
                          X