X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by ETicket View Post

That's what I was thinking. Proven vet WR with speed. He is getting long in the tooth, but a 1 year rental perhaps?
    Would rather have Tyron Johnson.

Comment

• jamrock
      lawyers, guns and money
      • Sep 2017
      • Send PM

Originally posted by chaincrusher View Post

I am sure that the team considered Johnson to be their 5th best WR, but kept Hill for PR duties. IMO, Palmer is 5th, but the team seems to love Palmer despite his shortcomings.
      I hate the Ty Johnson cut and Hill is a crappy kick returner. Really bad and worse than Adderley by a mile. I just can’t understand why Hill is on the roster and Johnson isn’t. I thought Johnson was growing into the 3rd best receiver on our team by the end of last year

Comment

• Originally posted by Bolt4Knob View Post

Team at one point was 3-9 - I think its good they turned over so much of the roster
        Special Teams needed an overhaul
        OLine got an overhaul
        New Kicker..
        The team was a 12 win team that Anthony Lynn turned into a 7 win team. We had the most important turnover the day after last year's regular season ended.

We got rid of some good players, especially Johnson, who really worked well with Herbert last year. We kept some real head scratchers too.

Comment

• Originally posted by AKFlyFisher View Post
          You know what makes me grumpy? That the Chargers' talent base is so low and so poor, that cutting T-Billy is viewed as an issue. The three mentioned here -- Kelley, Pipkins, and Hill -- along with Johnson, Stick, McKitty, Facyson, and a few others really do not belong on this team. It just, again, reflects on the poor work done by Telesco and his staff over the last few years in finding and building a true talent base.

I've refrained from saying this, but this is a transition year. This team might get close to the playoffs, but this is a two year project. This team needs to improve its talent and needs another draft -- with Staley and his coaches making recommendations -- to do so. Next year, Herbert will be incorporated in this offense, and the team will hopefully have a deeper talent base to be successful. This team should be good enough and stacked enough where cutting a T-Billy is the norm, not a surprise.
          Again, we had a 12 win type team last year but for Anthony Lynn's buffoonery. Teams do not get better by getting worse as we did today. At least half a dozen ridiculous cuts and half a dozen ridiculous keeps. It is a WTF festival.

Comment

• Charge!
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Aug 2019
            • Send PM

Originally posted by blueman View Post
            A lot of the guys posters have crushes on will clear waivers and get signed to the PS. Likely even Johnson. I really want Brannon to make it.
            agree..... but still there are guys we have kept who are clearly not better.....

Comment

• Xenos
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Feb 2019
              • Send PM

Man, I hope they’re both 110% for week 1

Comment

• equivocation
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Apr 2021
                • Send PM

The team kept 5 WR instead of 6. Johnson didn't lose his roster spot to Palmer or Hill. He lost his roster spot to Anderson, Amen, or Hall.

While "wtf Chargers?" is a legit question "wtf Tyron?" is also a legit question.

Comment

• blueman
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Jun 2013
                  • Send PM

Re OL concerns, And so it begins…

Comment

• blueman
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Jun 2013
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by equivocation View Post
                    The team kept 5 WR instead of 6. Johnson didn't lose his roster spot to Palmer or Hill. He lost his roster spot to Anderson, Amen, or Hall.

While "wtf Chargers?" is a legit question "wtf Tyron?" is also a legit question.
                    That’s my question, why didn’t Johnson emerge as all that this preseason? Did someone pee in his cornflakes?

Comment

• Panamamike
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Jun 2013
                      • Send PM

Again, we had a 12 win type team last year but for Anthony Lynn's buffoonery. Teams do not get better by getting worse as we did today. At least half a dozen ridiculous cuts and half a dozen ridiculous keeps. It is a WTF festival.
                      You perceive that they got worse. you don't have a freaking clue, you have a mildly informed opinion just like the rest of us. None of us have watched all the practice reps and broken down all the film. We are not running the same offense. T Billy very well could be making a lot of errors in practice on a daily basis. You talk about Palmer shortcomings.... How about your wait and watch a season of real games before you start labeling players. My guess? Palmer could get 6O catches for 700 yards and 6TDs touchdowns and you'd still b**** about it.

Comment

• Formula 21
                        The Future is Now
                        • Jun 2013
                        • Republic of San Diego
                        • Send PM

I did not think that Lamp's deal was for enough $$$ to matter with regard to comp picks. That said, it is noteworthy that our starter is not good enough to be another team's reserve player.
                        And from what I’ve read, Feeney would have been cut if he wasn’t guaranteed 3 million.
                        Now, if you excuse me, I have some Charger memories to suppress.
                        The Wasted Decade is done.
                        Build Back Better.

Comment

• Critty
                          Dominate the Day.
                          • Mar 2019
                          • Send PM

No real suprises on the 53. And the possibility of a transaction or two from waiver wire would not surprise either. When HC is deciding on the last roster spots, typically guys who offer a bit more versatility are kept because it provides better overall depth to have players who can do more things.
                          Players like Vizcaino who can do Kickoff and PK and Hill who can do slot receiver and punt return.

As for depth. RB is the one spot I think the team should really look at waiver wire to improve. Kelly is just a guy. Jackson can't stay healthy and Roundtree is a rookie. Big drop off after Ekeler.

Additional thought.
                          Special Teams still look like a big question mark and the staff changes has yet to prove coaching is making a difference for that squad. Another year of sub par special teams and I think we need to blame Telesco 100% for the special teams issues over his tenure.
                          Who has it better than us?

Comment

Working...
                          X