• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • blueman
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Jun 2013
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Topcat View Post

"Fireplug" Forrest Merrill making the final cut was a mild surprise...but I kind of like the high motor and push this kid brings to the D-line...almost like a poor man's Jamal Williams...
    I can live with that comparison, Jamal wasn’t Jamal until a couple years into his career.

Comment

• richpjr
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Jun 2013
      • Nashville
      • Send PM

"Fireplug" Forrest Merrill making the final cut was a mild surprise...but I kind of like the high motor and push this kid brings to the D-line...almost like a poor man's Jamal Williams...
      A REALLY poor man's Jamal. I like Merrill but there is a vast gap between those two.

Comment

• AK47
        Registered Charger Fan
        • May 2019
        • Send PM

Wait Badgely got cut?

I swear it he turns to a pro-bowler

Comment

• Topcat
          AKA "Pollcat"
          • Jan 2019
          • Send PM

Originally posted by richpjr View Post

A REALLY poor man's Jamal. I like Merrill but there is a vast gap between those two.
          Remember, Fireplug Forrest may be the strongest man in the draft. He benched 225# 48 times and remember how he deadlifted that minivan?:

merrill.JPG

https://youtu.be/QZ7WRWJqMiQ

Comment

• Topcat
            AKA "Pollcat"
            • Jan 2019
            • Send PM

Originally posted by AK47 View Post
            Wait Badgely got cut?

Yep...just watch...Bags gets signed by someone, then pulls a Lambo or a Koo and kicks 90%+ for 10 years...don't think so, though...dude is just too inconsistent...

Comment

• Topcat
              AKA "Pollcat"
              • Jan 2019
              • Send PM

Originally posted by richpjr View Post

Well, the Bolts need a strong, pushing NT to shake things up, eat up double teams, and be disruptive...and Fireplug Forrest showed flashes of this in the preseason...I like this kid...

Comment

• Panamamike
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Jun 2013
                • Send PM

Originally posted by AK47 View Post
                Wait Badgely got cut?

Comment

• Originally posted by kgbpasha View Post

I disagree with everything you just said. I believe in the exact opposite.
                  I knew T Billy would make the team last year. I had a suspicion that
                  he wouldn't have the ability to stick with this year's offensive scheme.
                  He has the speed that can't be taught so he'll definitely get scooped up soon.
                  Simplifying an offense for one player is not done for obvious reasons.

Palmer is a stud. He'll have constant separation because of his route running. Zero INT's
                  off of his targets this year.
                  Johnson had zero issues with last year's offense and was a huge contributor. Part of coaching is maximizing the talent of your players. It is up to the coach to find away to use the player's speed. This is bad coaching. Lynn did better with Johnson and that is saying something. I have said it before and I will say it again--teams do not get better by getting worse.

Palmer has done nothing so far---absolutely nothing. He is less talented than either Guyton or Johnson or Allen or Williams. The team has doubled down on stupidity when it comes to Palmer and the WRs. First, they drafted the clown way too early and then they kept him at the expense of a good WR in Johnson.

Palmer gets no separation. A player can run a route perfectly and be covered. The two concepts have nothing to do with each other. His lack of separation is likely to result in picks as the offense continues to tempt fate by throwing to him.

It is laughable that you are attempting to call Palmer a stud. He is a player with literally zero elite traits.

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Dec 2019
                    • Send PM

Well, the Bolts need a strong, pushing NT to shake things up, eat up double teams, and be disruptive...and Fireplug Forrest showed flashes of this in the preseason...I like this kid...
                    Staley said a big reason he was kept was he has the bulk inside. I hope the kid keeps improving.

Comment

• Topcat
                      AKA "Pollcat"
                      • Jan 2019
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by Panamamike View Post

If he does, then he does oh, and he would have worked his ass off to get there. However there's no way I would feel comfortable with him kicking field goals after the last two seasons he has had. I don't like his kickoffs either so for me.... Whether it's Vizcaíno or someone else, we had to go in a different direction
                      Remember, Bags went from:

Season 1: 90%+ figgie %
                      Season 2: 80%
                      Season 3: 70%

Add to this disastrous stat his weak leg resulting in multiple long runbacks, and it's a no brainer...I'm surprised the Bolts didn't cut him earlier...

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Dec 2019
                        • Send PM

Add to this disastrous stat his weak leg resulting in multiple long runbacks, and it's a no brainer...I'm surprised the Bolts didn't cut him earlier...
                        Barnwell from ESPN had a tweet - before he called himself the Money Badger - over 90%
                        after that trademark or whatever - in the 70% range
                        I didn't have much confidence in him and my guess many on the team didn't either
                        HIs kickoffs were shot which only added to the woes as the special teams were so terrible

He was lucky he made it this far...

Vizcaino is the teams 9th kicker since 2017. Should have kept Lambo but somebody didn't like him in the locker room

Comment

• AK47
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • May 2019
                          • Send PM

ok I feel better now. Money Badger I demand a refund!

Comment

Working...
                          X