• Show
Clear All
  • Topcat
    AKA "Pollcat"
    • Jan 2019
    • Send PM

Originally posted by powderblueboy View Post

5. Brenden Jaimes will be the starting RG by the end of the season
    Jaimes was a fifth-round pick out of Nebraska. And while the Chargers are trying to give him time to develop before inserting him into the starting lineup, injuries have forced their hand. Michael Schofield is not the answer at right guard, either this season or for the future. Jaimes spent his entire college career playing tackle, and so the move to guard will be an adjustment. But at least with a rookie you have a high ceiling and the potential for ascension

And yet, Schofield always gets respectable PFF numbers: why?
    Because he looks busy not blocking while the RT REALLY messes up...

norton fail cheats.JPG

Comment

• Boltjolt
      Dont let the PBs fool ya
      • Jun 2013
      • Henderson, NV
      • Send PM

Originally posted by chargeroo View Post
      I don't think Schofield has been bad. If he had a better RT next to him he'd be pretty decent. I think we all want to have a better OL so bad that we may be over-valuing Jaimes. We're hoping but we don't really know. IMO, they should have kept Jaimes at OT and coached him at playing on the right side. It's not like they didn't know Beluga had trouble staying on the field.
      We always want to see somebody else when the guy that is in there isnt doing well. Bulaga they shouldnt have figured he was going to do much this year and done something bout it. Telesco took a huge gamble on him because he finally played a 16 games season his last year in GB. I wasnt thrilled with the signing & TT said he took a gamble with him and it didnt work out. But he should of had a btter backup plan than just Storm Norton.

Comment

• Velo
        Ride!
        • Aug 2019
        • Everywhere
        • Leave the gun, take the cannolis
        • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post

We always want to see somebody else when the guy that is in there isnt doing well. Bulaga they shouldnt have figured he was going to do much this year and done something bout it. Telesco took a huge gamble on him because he finally played a 16 games season his last year in GB. I wasnt thrilled with the signing & TT said he took a gamble with him and it didnt work out. But he should of had a btter backup plan than just Storm Norton.
        Bulaga's contract is huge. I think Telesco was loathe to invest any more at RT (by investing in quality depth) and crossed his fingers and let it ride.

Comment

• Topcat
          AKA "Pollcat"
          • Jan 2019
          • Send PM

Originally posted by Velo View Post

Bulaga's contract is huge. I think Telesco was loathe to invest any more at RT (by investing in quality depth) and crossed his fingers and let it ride.
          After such a poor ROI with Bulaga, I think it's safe to say the Bolts exercise their "out" clause at the end of this season:

bulaga contract.JPG

Comment

• like54ninjas
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Oct 2017
            • Great White North
            • Draftnik
            • Send PM

Originally posted by wu-dai clan View Post

IMV we will resign Oboushi and continue to develop Jaimes as our third OG.

It's a bit frustrating, but we are talking about a midround prospect, albeit promising in our eyes.
            This makes a lot of sense.
            Oday was playing really well before his injury. Solid, dependable, physical, experienced veteran that has chemistry with his teammates at a reasonable price.
            Develop Jaimes so he’s physically and mentally prepared to succeed. He needed to get stronger and add body mass.
            We can add another FA OL as depth or starter this offseason.
            Draft 2/3 more, OT on day 1/2, and we now have drafted guys fighting for roster spots.
            My visions of our Bolts’ near future.
            My 2021 Adopt-A-Bolt List

MikeDub
            K9
            Nasir
            Tillery
            Parham
            Reed

Comment

• Velo
              Ride!
              • Aug 2019
              • Everywhere
              • Leave the gun, take the cannolis
              • Send PM

Originally posted by like54ninjas View Post

Oday was playing really well before his injury. Solid, dependable, physical, experienced veteran that has chemistry with his teammates at a reasonable price.
              Develop Jaimes so he’s physically and mentally prepared to succeed. He needed to get stronger and add body mass.
              Draft 2/3 more, OT on day 1/2, and we now have drafted guys fighting for roster spots.

Aboushi is really interesting, and I hope he does remain a Charger for awhile. He is of Palestinian descent and a practicing Muslim. His parents emigrated from East Jerusalem, and he has born in Brooklyn. His father served years in a U.S. prison for his involvement in a truck robbing gang in the 1990s. His sister is a civil rights lawyer and ran for DA of New York. Oday himself speaks Arabic and English and observes Ramadan. He was one of the first Palestinian players in the league. The Jewish Anti-Defamation League came to Oday's defense when an online publication suggested he might have terrorist leanings because he is proud of his Palestinian heritage.

Comment

• wu-dai clan
                Smooth Operation
                • May 2017
                • Send PM

Originally posted by like54ninjas View Post

That's the plan.
                Oday wants to stay.
                ​​​​​​Price is right.
                I am going ORT early.
                Get this shit done.
                Let's see...OSU or NI ?
                Then several Front Seven additions.
                We do not play modern football.

Comment

• TexanBeerlover
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Feb 2021
                  • Send PM

Have to admit I’m miffed as to why Jaimes hasn’t got the reps?

He’s Nebraska season’ed 4 year starter, including RT as a freshman. 40 consecutive starts. Yeah, like Bolts don’t need none of that :facepalm1:

Comment

• Topcat
                    AKA "Pollcat"
                    • Jan 2019
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by TexanBeerlover View Post

He’s Nebraska season’ed 4 year starter, including RT as a freshman. 40 consecutive starts. Yeah, like Bolts don’t need none of that :facepalm1:
                    Jaimes looked pretty good in the preseason also, especially in run blocking...

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Dec 2019
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by Topcat View Post

After such a poor ROI with Bulaga, I think it's safe to say the Bolts exercise their "out" clause at the end of this season:

bulaga contract.JPG
                      Yep -- doesn't seem likely the Chargers will pay Bulaga the $10.5m -- so thats more cap space.

Comment

• powderblueboy
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Jul 2017
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by TexanBeerlover View Post

I agree with you and he looked really stout at the senior bowl: why always the commentary about having to get stronger?

But then, do you really want to break up the chemistry on the right side of the 0line?

Comment

• TexanBeerlover
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Feb 2021
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by powderblueboy View Post

I agree with you and he looked really stout at the senior bowl: why always the commentary about having to get stronger?

But then, do you really want to break up the chemistry on the right side of the 0line?
                          Right. Wonder if they think he’s their future LG only?

Comment

Working...
                          X