• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Topcat
    AKA "Pollcat"
    • Jan 2019
    • Send PM

Originally posted by powderblueboy View Post

I agree with you and he looked really stout at the senior bowl: why always the commentary about having to get stronger?

But then, do you really want to break up the chemistry on the right side of the 0line?
    Chemistry? The only chemistry going on with Scho and Storm is they're getting consistently BLOWN UP...

Comment

• Xenos
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Feb 2019
      • Send PM

Comment

• Xenos
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Feb 2019
        • Send PM

Originally posted by TexanBeerlover View Post

Right. Wonder if they think he’s their future LG only?
        No. He was practicing at all the IOL spots in training camp. Staley and Co. just don’t think he’s ready yet.

Comment

• like54ninjas
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Oct 2017
          • Great White North
          • Draftnik
          • Send PM

Originally posted by Xenos View Post

No. He was practicing at all the IOL spots in training camp. Staley and Co. just don’t think he’s ready yet.
          :ml:

:rasta:
          My 2021 Adopt-A-Bolt List

MikeDub
          K9
          Nasir
          Tillery
          Parham
          Reed

Comment

• powderblueboy
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Jul 2017
            • Send PM

Originally posted by Topcat View Post

Chemistry? The only chemistry going on with Scho and Storm is they're getting consistently BLOWN UP...
            Are you watching the games? I wonder.

Scho gets blown up and Storm (with help from the tight end) does his job, and then Storm gets blown up and Scho (with help from center) does his job, and then they really decide to fuck with Herbert, and both get blown up (no help).

consistency, teamwork,....chemistry!

Comment

• Velo
              Ride!
              • Aug 2019
              • Everywhere
              • Leave the gun, take the cannolis
              • Send PM

Which veterans do you think the Chargers move on from next season? Here is my list:

Bulaga. His contract has an out, and I think the Chargers take it.

Cook. I like Cook and think he is doing a good job. But I think they signed him to a one year contract with the intention of developing their younger TEs for the future. Parham is emerging as a stud, and as I have been touting the past few weeks Anderson is developing as an offensive weapon. The relationship with Cook might hinge on what McKitty shows are doesn't show in the 2nd half of the season. Or they may target a TE in the draft. But I think they had Cook in mind for a one year rental. He's going to be 35 next year.

Joseph. He's just a guy now at age 33. I believe they will make upgrading at interior DL a priority.

Harris. Already being discussed on this board. He's going to be 33 next season. This may be his last in the NFL.

Trey Pipkins, Joshua Kelley, Justin Jackson. I'm tempted to put Storm in here too, but he may survive as depth. But the first three have had their opportunities and can't get it done. Jackson might survive if he comes back from his injury and doesn't get injured again and makes some solid contributions in the 2nd half of the season.

There are other players lower on the depth chart that will probably not be back, but I wanted to focus on starters and key players, or players like Pipkins and Kelley who were at one time promising but have failed.

Comment

• Bolt-O
                Administrator
                • Jun 2013
                • Send PM

Originally posted by Velo View Post
                Which veterans do you think the Chargers move on from next season? Here is my list:

Joseph. He's just a guy now at age 33. I believe they will make upgrading at interior DL a priority.

The others I agree with, but Joseph was the only consistent DT that we have for Run D. Justin Jones isn't yet fully ready, and you have Tillery, who is not a bust, but hasn't played like a 1st rounder.

Comment

• Attack
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Jan 2017
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by Velo View Post

Bulaga. His contract has an out, and I think the Chargers take it.

Cook. I like Cook and think he is doing a good job. But I think they signed him to a one year contract with the intention of developing their younger TEs for the future. Parham is emerging as a stud, and as I have been touting the past few weeks Anderson is developing as an offensive weapon. The relationship with Cook might hinge on what McKitty shows are doesn't show in the 2nd half of the season. Or they may target a TE in the draft. But I think they had Cook in mind for a one year rental. He's going to be 35 next year.

Harris. Already being discussed on this board. He's going to be 33 next season. This may be his last in the NFL.

Trey Pipkins, Joshua Kelley, Justin Jackson. I'm tempted to put Storm in here too, but he may survive as depth. But the first three have had their opportunities and can't get it done. Jackson might survive if he comes back from his injury and doesn't get injured again and makes some solid contributions in the 2nd half of the season.

There are other players lower on the depth chart that will probably not be back, but I wanted to focus on starters and key players, or players like Pipkins and Kelley who were at one time promising but have failed.
                  I think Mike Williams will sign elsewhere in the offseason. At least that's my gut feel right now. Tying up $15M+ per season or thereabouts along with Keenan's large contract at the WR position isn't where the team will go moving forward. I'd rather put that salary into a stud D-lineman and bring in a lower salaried WR. We'll see in 4 months.

Comment

• blueman
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Jun 2013
                    • Send PM

Joseph is ranked second in the league for run stops. Jones isn’t even on the list, plus he was on roller skates yesterday, if we’re looking to upgrade anybody on the IDL, especially a “starter”, it’s him.

Comment

• like54ninjas
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Oct 2017
                      • Great White North
                      • Draftnik
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by blueman View Post
                      Joseph is ranked second in the league for run stops. Jones isn’t even on the list, plus he was on roller skates yesterday, if we’re looking to upgrade anybody on the IDL, especially a “starter”, it’s him.
                      Did you watch another game?
                      J. Jones was moved 3 yards off the ball 2/3 times by hard doubles where he occupied both blockers without losing contact. He also defeated multiple other double attempts. He was +60% on defeating 1v1 matchups. He is a very solid player.
                      We allowed 3.8 YPC on 30 rushing attempts by non-QB runs vs the Eagles. Without Hurts legs our run D was very good.
                      My 2021 Adopt-A-Bolt List

MikeDub
                      K9
                      Nasir
                      Tillery
                      Parham
                      Reed

Comment

• Panamamike
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Jun 2013
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by like54ninjas View Post

Did you watch another game?
                        J. Jones was moved 3 yards off the ball 2/3 times by hard doubles where he occupied both blockers without losing contact. He also defeated multiple other double attempts. He was +60% on defeating 1v1 matchups. He is a very solid player.
                        We allowed 3.8 YPC on 30 rushing attempts by non-QB runs vs the Eagles. Without Hurts legs our run D was very good.
                        Most of those runs by the QB was because our defensive ends did not keep outside contain by staying in their lane on the outside.

Comment

• Panamamike
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Jun 2013
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by blueman View Post
                          How would you expect Jones to be on the list considering he's missed multiple games due to calf injury?

Comment

Working...
                          X