Clear All
  • Boltjolt
    Dont let the PBs fool ya
    • Jun 2013
    • Henderson, NV
    • Send PM

Originally posted by jamrock View Post

It has happened several times.
    Its pretty rare actually but has happened.

Comment

• jamrock
      lawyers, guns and money
      • Sep 2017
      • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post

Its pretty rare actually but has happened.
      The stat I saw was team that won the first 2 were 14-7 in the 3rd meeting. I think it only went through 2018

Comment

• chargeroo
        Fan since 1961
        • Jan 2019
        • Oregon
        • Retired Manager/Pastor
        • Send PM

I do believe we can beat them if we have the third game but it will be in KC in January. That makes it a tough, tough game. It seems we can count on close, exciting games when these two teams meet.
        THE YEAR OF THE FLIP!

Comment

• Velo
          Ride!
          • Aug 2019
          • Everywhere
          • Leave the gun, take the cannolis
          • Send PM

Originally posted by jamrock View Post

The stat I saw was team that won the first 2 were 14-7 in the 3rd meeting. I think it only went through 2018

Comment

• Xenos
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Feb 2019
            • Send PM

Originally posted by BlackMamba View Post
            Simplest/quickest gameplan to clinching a playoff spot = beat the Texans/Broncos, root for the Bengals to beat the Broncos this week and the Pats to beat the Colts. That takes us to a >99% playoff shot before Week 18. Alternatively, just win out, lol...

But the bottom line is the teams who pose the most threat to us are the ones who either already beat us (Broncos/Ravens if they fall out of division lead) or those who we haven't played and have similar conference W-L records (Colts), so they're the ones who can get the tie breaker in case we have the same record at season-end.

It's also important to note that most of the teams in the race have pretty difficult schedules to close the year out, especially compared to us. Broncos have to play the Bengals this week of course, and the Chiefs again at the end of the season. Colts have to play the Pats and Cardinals. Ravens play the Packers, Bengals, Rams, and Steelers (ouch). And just for reference, after the Bengals play the Broncos and Ravens, they have the Chiefs and Browns. So there's going to be a lot of destruction between this group of teams, and honestly if we can't win one of three seeds with the schedule we have relative to our competitors, we don't deserve to make the playoffs.
            Thanks for the breakdown. Wish we beat the Chiefs so that I don’t have to root for teams like the Patriots. A loss is even harder during a longer week between games.

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Dec 2019
              • Send PM

Originally posted by BlackMamba View Post
              Simplest/quickest gameplan to clinching a playoff spot = beat the Texans/Broncos, root for the Bengals to beat the Broncos this week and the Pats to beat the Colts. That takes us to a >99% playoff shot before Week 18. Alternatively, just win out, lol...

But the bottom line is the teams who pose the most threat to us are the ones who either already beat us (Broncos/Ravens if they fall out of division lead) or those who we haven't played and have similar conference W-L records (Colts), so they're the ones who can get the tie breaker in case we have the same record at season-end.

It's also important to note that most of the teams in the race have pretty difficult schedules to close the year out, especially compared to us. Broncos have to play the Bengals this week of course, and the Chiefs again at the end of the season. Colts have to play the Pats and Cardinals. Ravens play the Packers, Bengals, Rams, and Steelers (ouch). And just for reference, after the Bengals play the Broncos and Ravens, they have the Chiefs and Browns. So there's going to be a lot of destruction between this group of teams, and honestly if we can't win one of three seeds with the schedule we have relative to our competitors, we don't deserve to make the playoffs.
              thanks for the update

I looked yesterday -- Colts have the advantage with overall AFC record so losing to the Pats today gives them another aFC loss

Bills do not have a good AFC record and neither do the Broncos but as of today, Broncos own head to head
              Bengals or Broncos - one of those two , unless a tie, will have 7 losses. I prefer the Bengals win as the Chargers own the head to head and all F**k the Broncos
              Browns - Chargers own the head to head

So if the Chargers beat the TExans and Broncos - they will be at 10-6 - my guess, that will clinch them a spot before week 17 as I think enough teams will already be at 8 losses or the tiebreaker works for them

Comment

• BoltUp InLA
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Sep 2020
                • Send PM

I am listening to an interesting radio talk show and the radio host brings up a great topic.. ‘just imagine how exciting it will be to watch two of the very best young QBs battling out twice a year for the next decade or so’.

Comment

• Maniaque 6
                  French Speaking Charger Fan
                  • Jan 2019
                  • Québec city
                  • Send PM

Two times ?
                  Maybe three.

Comment

• FoutsFan
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Feb 2019
                    • Birmingham AL
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by SDBORN View Post

I mentioned the stat about beating a team 3 times in a single season (when Playoffs are included) in the game thread after we lost.

I don't think a team has ever been able to pull it off throughout the history of the league. So I guess statistically it gives us a chance against the chiefs if we meet in the playoffs.
                    in 1992 the Chefs beat the Chargers twice in the regular season. Many friends of mine laughed when they played the Chefs in the playoffs and said the Chefs own the Chargers. I pointed out the same thing, it is tough to beat a team 3 times in a season and told them the Chargers would win. Sure enough 17-0 Chargers!

Comment

• jamrock
                      lawyers, guns and money
                      • Sep 2017
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by FoutsFan View Post

in 1992 the Chefs beat the Chargers twice in the regular season. Many friends of mine laughed when they played the Chefs in the playoffs and said the Chefs own the Chargers. I pointed out the same thing, it is tough to beat a team 3 times in a season and told them the Chargers would win. Sure enough 17-0 Chargers!
                      The Marion Butts game

Comment

• wu-dai clan
                        Smooth Operation
                        • May 2017
                        • Send PM

Bashaud Breeland ?
                        We do not play modern football.

Comment

• Velo
                          Ride!
                          • Aug 2019
                          • Everywhere
                          • Leave the gun, take the cannolis
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by wu-dai clan View Post
                          Bashaud Breeland ?
                          Can you think of a reason why not? He did get into a fight at practice apparently. I don't know if he is a character problem though.

Comment

Working...
                          X