• Feb 2019
    • Send PM

Comment

• Boltjolt
      Dont let the PBs fool ya
      • Jun 2013
      • Henderson, NV
      • Send PM

Cant go by Rams tape. We have different players than they do. We dont have a Aaron Donald or a Ramsey, they dont have a Murray, a Derwin. or a DE like Bosa. I actually think we have more talent on our D than they do with more to come.

Comment

• Xenos
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Feb 2019
        • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post
        Cant go by Rams tape. We have different players than they do. We dont have a Aaron Donald or a Ramsey, they dont have a Murray, a Derwin. or a DE like Bosa. I actually think we have more talent on our D than they do with more to come.
        We just need to stay healthy. Otherwise I agree.

Comment

• 21&500
          Bolt Spit-Baller
          • Sep 2018
          • A Whale's Vajayjay
          • CMB refugee
          • Send PM

Originally posted by Xenos View Post
          what are the implications?
          does vic fangio NOT listen to suggestions?
          hmmmmm....
          P1. Block Destruction - Ogbonnia
          P2. Shocking Effort - Eboigbe
          P3. Ball Disruption - Ford
          P4. Obnoxious Communication - Matlock

Comment

• Xenos
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Feb 2019
            • Send PM

Originally posted by 21&500 View Post

hmmmmm....
            Fangio already has a DC.

Comment

• jamrock
              lawyers, guns and money
              • Sep 2017
              • Send PM

Originally posted by Xenos View Post

We’ll see how Bowles defense does in the Super Bowl

Comment

• Boltjolt
                Dont let the PBs fool ya
                • Jun 2013
                • Henderson, NV
                • Send PM

Originally posted by jamrock View Post

We’ll see how Bowles defense does in the Super Bowl
                He is there so thats a good thing.

Comment

• ghost
                  The Rise of Kellen Moore
                  • Jun 2013
                  • Send PM

Cant go by Rams tape.
                  Yes. You can.

One is an accident. Two is a pattern. Three is trend. Ran it Chicago. Ran it Denver. Ran it Los Angeles-R. He's gonna run again in Los Angeles-C. Book it.

Comment

• Heatmiser
                    BetterToday ThanYesterday
                    • Jun 2013
                    • Send PM

I listened to Hill’s presser. I think he may be my favorite of the three so far. He started out pretty nervous but as soon as they asked a couple of football questions he was fine. He sounds like he knows what he is doing. Talked a lot about how the offensive and defensive coaches need to help each other. That was refreshing to hear. And verified a lot fo the stuff Staley said about himself. If felt like the reporters kept trying to bait him on not being the one calling the defensive plays, but he answered that fine and said Staley is doing what Fangio does in Denver in that regard. I didn’t know Fangio called the defense. And the reporters also kept trying to make this about race and he answered all of those very well too. They went so far as to ask about adding a woman coach to the staff. I am losing a lot of respect for the press media who cover the Chargers after listening to their questions and then reading what they write about something we all can listen to and tell if they are skewing it.

TG
                    Like, how am I a traitor? Your team are traitors.

Comment

• ghost
                      The Rise of Kellen Moore
                      • Jun 2013
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by 21&500 View Post

hmmmmm....
                      Renaldo Hill played under Nick Saban @ Michigan St. and @ Miami Dolphins, and Nick has a reputation for being very selective about who he takes input from. IMO.

Comment

• ghost
                        The Rise of Kellen Moore
                        • Jun 2013
                        • Send PM

In 2020, Staley had no standing when he arrived to remake the Rams carte blanche. What he did do was convince Coach McVay to refine and re-tweek Wade Phillips' 3-4 OVER defense, and Staley convinced the Rams FO to sign Leonard Floyd for $10/mil with incentives, for one season, and instead made the five-man front, nearly their base alignment (I haven't finished an audit of their 2020 snaps on defense yet).

The Chargers don't have the Wide 9 Technique OLBs to run the scheme on the roster currently, but they will soon. I can see Micah Parsons and Leonard Floyd playing those roles at OLB, with Bosa moving inside to DT, where he'll receive more one-on-one matchup opportunities then he ever got at DE. This is team-defense, it's gonna be awesome.

Comment

• ChargersPowderBlue
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Aug 2019
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by ghost View Post

In 2020, Staley had no standing when he arrived to remake the Rams carte blanche. What he did do was convince Coach McVay to refine and re-tweek Wade Phillips' 3-4 OVER defense, and Staley convinced the Rams FO to sign Leonard Floyd for $10/mil with incentives, for one season, and instead made the five-man front, nearly their base alignment (I haven't finished an audit of their 2020 snaps on defense yet).

The Chargers don't have the Wide 9 Technique OLBs to run the scheme on the roster currently, but they will soon. I can see Micah Parsons and Leonard Floyd playing those roles at OLB, with Bosa moving inside to DT, where he'll receive more one-on-one matchup opportunities then he ever got at DE. This is team-defense, it's gonna be awesome.
                          Brandon Staley landed the Chargers head coaching job after leading the Rams' defense to the top spot in yards and points allowed in 2020.

To that end, Staley seemed excited to work with Joey Bosa.

I think Joey’s one of the elite outside rushers in the game,” Staley said, via the team’s website. “This guy’s got every tool that you’re looking for: size, speed. He’s got some of the best hands in the NFL. This guy really knows how to rush. He’s a relentless competitor. He’s got a motor. What all great rushers have in common and I was just with one of the greatest that has ever played in the National Football League [in Aaron Donald] is they’ve got a motor and they’re relentless and I think that really describes Joey. And by the way, this guy is tough.”

Bosa has registered 47.5 sacks in his first 63 career games.

Per Daniel Popper of TheAthletic.com, Staley will serve as the Chargers’ defensive play caller. That means he’ll be particularly hands on in shaping what Bosa and other key defenders like safety Derwin James and linebacker Kenneth Murray look like on game day.

“We want to uniquely shape [the defensive scheme] around our guys,” Staley said, via Gilbert Manzano of the Southern California News Group. “That’s probably the hallmark of the way we play is that agility that we have to feature our premium players, and I think the flexibility that we have to match up with the specific offenses that we’re having to face all the time. I think that’s a real hallmark of how we played [with the Rams] and I think it’s sort of expressed itself this year.”
                          I hope BS keeps JB as an edge rusher.

Comment

Working...
                          X