• Show
Clear All
  • chargeroo
    Fan since 1961
    • Jan 2019
    • Oregon
    • Retired Manager/Pastor
    • Send PM

If you are a long time Charger fan you probably hate the raiders and in that case, you liked Marty a lot because he hated them and beat them twice a year. I loved that about him.
    THE YEAR OF THE FLIP!

Comment

• like54ninjas
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Oct 2017
      • Great White North
      • Draftnik
      • Send PM

I’m having a tough time processing this one.

I always thought Marty had the correct mindset about football. He was a teacher, motivator, leader, and always had the 1 play at a time mantra. I never worried that his teams, Bolts or others, would be prepared, tough, and give 100% effort.

Great man, coach, and verbal pontificator! You have finally reached the GLEAM!
      My 2021 Adopt-A-Bolt List

MikeDub
      K9
      Nasir
      Tillery
      Parham
      Reed

Comment

• Boltdiehard
        The Precious
        • May 2019
        • Send PM

Originally posted by chargeroo View Post
        If you are a long time Charger fan you probably hate the raiders and in that case, you liked Marty a lot because he hated them and beat them twice a year. I loved that about him.
        Good times and I remember Raiders fans trolling the UT board non-stop before Marty arrived they were dicks. Marty changed that and they all but disappeared after he kicked their asses the first couple times. IMO Marty was exactly what the Chargers needed at the time of his hiring.

Comment

• foreigner
          Tom Telesco is gone
          • Sep 2013
          • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltdiehard View Post

Good times and I remember Raiders fans trolling the UT board non-stop before Marty arrived they were dicks. Marty changed that and they all but disappeared after he kicked their asses the first couple times. IMO Marty was exactly what the Chargers needed at the time of his hiring.
          Fucking right.... that's what the Chargers currently need right now. Imagine what Marty could do with the current roster.

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Dec 2019
            • Send PM

Originally posted by foreigner View Post

Fucking right.... that's what the Chargers currently need right now. Imagine what Marty could do with the current roster.
            Just have to hope Staley is as much teacher of football as innovator of defense. Thats what Marty was - he taught his teams to play better football. I cannot recall Marty having a revolutionary offense (well in 2006 with LT!!) or the 46 or Tampa 2 defense. But he just coached his team and they got better.

I hope thats what this coaching staff led by Staley does - and since Staley had the sessions in New Orleans with Payton, Lombardi and Brees; attended ST meetings in Chicago - and of course learned under Fangio - I hope thats what he does. Coaches the entire team.

Comment

• Boltjolt
              Dont let the PBs fool ya
              • Jun 2013
              • Henderson, NV
              • Send PM

Originally posted by foreigner View Post

The roster he had when he left was better than this one we have now, but yes im sure he would have us rolling....in the regular season. Run happy offense for sure.

Comment

• powderblueboy
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Jul 2017
                • Send PM

Story about Marty by a kid who ran into him at a restaurant, 3 days after being fired.

Comment

• 21&500
                  Bolt Spit-Baller
                  • Sep 2018
                  • A Whale's Vajayjay
                  • CMB refugee
                  • Send PM

Not too late to dedicate 2021 season to MS
                  hurry, before the queefs do
                  P1. Block Destruction - Ogbonnia
                  P2. Shocking Effort - Eboigbe
                  P3. Ball Disruption - Ford
                  P4. Obnoxious Communication - Matlock

Comment

• powderblueboy
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Jul 2017
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by 21&500 View Post
                    Not too late to dedicate 2021 season to MS
                    hurry, before the queefs do
                    No worry there!

The Chiefs principle fan forum (Arrowhead shame) didn't even bother mentioning Marty's passing. They were too busy excoriating fat Andy for losing the Super Bowl.

Suddenly, Fat Andy is not a good game day coach.

Browns fans had a thread on his passing; Charger fans had a thread; KC fans had a thread about a school teacher caught having sex with a student: her picture being dutifully posted.

Browns fans simultaneously had a thread on the physics behind a new theory on time travel.

Chiefs fans made fun of Jr. Seau when he died; Raider fans are sophisticated patrons of the arts in comparison to those boobs.

Comment

• Bolt-O
                      Administrator
                      • Jun 2013
                      • Send PM

Chiefs Planet did have a thread for Marty. Never heard of the other forum.

Comment

• 21&500
                        Bolt Spit-Baller
                        • Sep 2018
                        • A Whale's Vajayjay
                        • CMB refugee
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by powderblueboy View Post

No worry there!

The Chiefs principle fan forum (Arrowhead shame) didn't even bother mentioning Marty's passing. They were too busy excoriating fat Andy for losing the Super Bowl.

Suddenly, Fat Andy is not a good game day coach.

Browns fans had a thread on his passing; Charger fans had a thread; KC fans had a thread about a school teacher caught having sex with a student: her picture being dutifully posted.

Browns fans simultaneously had a thread on the physics behind a new theory on time travel.

Chiefs fans made fun of Jr. Seau when he died; Raider fans are sophisticated patrons of the arts in comparison to those boobs.
                        Agreed.

If they want to dedicate their season to someone, how about Ariel Young, the little girl who suffered brain damage and is probably going to end up dying since being hit by an inebriated Britt Reid.
                        P1. Block Destruction - Ogbonnia
                        P2. Shocking Effort - Eboigbe
                        P3. Ball Disruption - Ford
                        P4. Obnoxious Communication - Matlock

Comment

• like54ninjas
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Oct 2017
                          • Great White North
                          • Draftnik
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by 21&500 View Post

Agreed.

If they want to dedicate their season to someone, how about Ariel Young, the little girl who suffered brain damage and is probably going to end up dying since being hit by an inebriated Britt Reid.
                          Wonder how much Fat Andy’s head will be on football while his son/assistant coach is going through the legal process.
                          My 2021 Adopt-A-Bolt List

MikeDub
                          K9
                          Nasir
                          Tillery
                          Parham
                          Reed

Comment

Working...
                          X