How many O-Linemen should the Chargers draft?

Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• like54ninjas
    replied
    Originally posted by wu-dai clan View Post
    HOU tried to fix their Oline for DeShaun.

What a mixed bag.
    --Tunsil trade.
    --Draft Small School Specials.
    ....a. Max Scharping.
    ....b. Titus Howard.
    --Overpay Nick Martin ("injury prone" and "mediocre" per TPB Trencher standards)

And now y'all want to ...
    sign Nick Martin ?
    or pay through the nose for a Center in Linsley ?
    There are several day one starters at Center,
    who are perfectly slotted for us.
    Or, better yet, put some stud Guards, like a healthy Trai and a premium pick OLG on either side of Feeney.
    Feeney can do his reach blocks put in space, and his combo blocks.
    The lack of anchor and lunging won't seem so bad.
    I can see us bringing back Dan. I honestly think that it will be done.
    FA OG or 2, draft an OG/OC, draft an OT, and with guys under contract already would make for the best talent/depth we’ve had in awhile.

Leave a comment:

• wu-dai clan
    replied
    HOU tried to fix their Oline for DeShaun.

What a mixed bag.
    --Tunsil trade.
    --Draft Small School Specials.
    ....a. Max Scharping.
    ....b. Titus Howard.
    --Overpay Nick Martin ("injury prone" and "mediocre" per TPB Trencher standards)

And now y'all want to ...
    sign Nick Martin ?
    or pay through the nose for a Center in Linsley ?
    There are several day one starters at Center,
    who are perfectly slotted for us.
    Or, better yet, put some stud Guards, like a healthy Trai and a premium pick OLG on either side of Feeney.
    Feeney can do his reach blocks put in space, and his combo blocks.
    The lack of anchor and lunging won't seem so bad.

Leave a comment:

• 21&500
    replied
    Originally posted by jamrock View Post
    Nick Martin or Corey Linsley?
    ive said this before but it’s worth repeating
    Linsley is the best UFA C available
    has experience with LeFleur which is somewhat related to the en vogue offense ala Mc-shanna-fleur-vay style
    and Rodgers is a great comp for Herbert, don’t cha think?
    imagine the wealth of information Herbert will gain by being in the same huddle as Linsley

invest in 10

Leave a comment:

• like54ninjas
    replied
    Originally posted by jamrock View Post
    Both are an upgrade, Linsley more so.

Leave a comment:

• jamrock
    replied

Leave a comment:

• CivilBolt
    replied
    Originally posted by Topcat View Post

I'd rather have a tough, smart and steady C than someone like Feeney who gets rag-dolled regularly...
    Or put on skates

Leave a comment:

• BoltUp InLA
    replied
    Originally posted by PR#1 View Post
    This article has the Chargers taking Rashard Slater with the first pick and Oklahoma center Creed Humphrey with second pick saying goodbye to Feeney.

I'm on board with these two picks.

"With Dan Feeney set to be a free agent, the Chargers could be looking to upgrade at the center position. Humphrey isn’t the most athletic lineman, but toughness, intelligence, instincts and consistency in pass protection and the run-blocking department are starter quality."

https://www.yahoo.com/sports/charger...151322129.html
    I would be more than happy if the Chargers went that route. I am back and forth between Slater and Darrisaw really..

Although very unlikely I know, but a trade to mortgage future picks perhaps to grab an interior like Wyatt Davis also would be icing on the cake.. by the way, will either Davis or Humphrey be available in the third??

Leave a comment:

• Bolt4Knob
    replied
    Originally posted by wu-dai clan View Post
    My current answer is 2.5 .
    Round 2, Round 3a and Round 6b, maybe.
    There are particular players who fit my algorithm.
    I am at a strong 3
    1 in either R1 or R2
    one in R3
    and like you said 6B pick at worst but open to R5 as well

also hit the UDFA market from last year and this year hard! - meaning guys who didn't make rosters last year because of covid that might be options.

I don't give a crap if Bulaga is the only starter back. Hell he should be hte only starter back.

Leave a comment:

• wu-dai clan
    replied
    My current answer is 2.5 .
    Round 2, Round 3a and Round 6b, maybe.
    There are particular players who fit my algorithm.

Leave a comment:

• Bolt4Knob
    replied
    This article has the Chargers taking Rashard Slater with the first pick and Oklahoma center Creed Humphrey with second pick saying goodbye to Feeney.

"With Dan Feeney set to be a free agent, the Chargers could be looking to upgrade at the center position. Humphrey isn’t the most athletic lineman, but toughness, intelligence, instincts and consistency in pass protection and the run-blocking department are starter quality."

This! -- this would be the best way to start the draft: OT and OC. The Chargers need a strong OC as much as a strong LT.

Leave a comment:

• Topcat
    replied

I'd rather have a tough, smart and steady C than someone like Feeney who gets rag-dolled regularly...

Leave a comment:

• PR#1
    replied

Leave a comment:

Working...
X