How many O-Linemen should the Chargers draft?

Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• gzubeck
    replied
    Originally posted by Formula 21 View Post
    The Ravens have no cap space. They have to let Brown go cheap or trade him cheap because he’s expensive.
    Telesco...are you listening?

:beer:

Leave a comment:

• Formula 21
    replied
    The Ravens have no cap space. They have to let Brown go cheap or trade him cheap because he’s expensive.

Leave a comment:

• Formula 21
    replied
    Originally posted by Eurobolt View Post

What Contract for Brown?

If we trade for Brown sign GB center and draft LT at 13 i am happy with those changes.
    Heaven baby.

Leave a comment:

• 21&500
    replied
    Originally posted by Bolt4Knob View Post

Keeping him on his 15.6 would eat a lot of cap space. And playing the comp pick game involves a team signing him and the Chargers winning the game.

If the Chargers could use MW to get Orlando Brown - I am good with. If MW wants to lower his contract - extend him, I am good with. The one thing I wouldn't want is him playing on the 15.6 cap for one year and than Free Agent.
    Here’s where I’m at with MW too

Leave a comment:

• Bolt4Knob
    replied
    Originally posted by chaincrusher View Post

I generally agree with what you are saying.

Brown has let it be known that he wants out. That immediately lowers his trade value.

Also, Brown allowed 3 sacks and the Ravens passed the ball less than two-thirds of the time that we did. So that would translate to a good 5+ sacks allowed. Now, I could be persuaded that some of that was Jackson holding the ball while trying to make a play and PFF certainly seems to like Brown, but Brown is not an elite option. He may be solid to good, which is much better than what we have had most of the time in recent years, but he is not elite.

And, as you noted, he will be entering the last year of his contract, so I would want him extended as part of any deal that gets made. But the offer would be no more than a second round pick by itself for Brown.

I want us to have the chance to trade back for some team wanting a QB in the first round this year, giving us their second round pick in the process. That way, if we traded for Brown as I have noted and succeeded in trading back as outlined, we would end up with a 1st, a 2nd, two 3rd round picks and Brown.

I would consider restructuring/extending Williams if possible. The other way to do it to pay him this year and let him walk next year in free agency to a high paying team. He might be worth a 4th round compensatory pick if we go light enough on our own free agency signings.
    Keeping him on his 15.6 would eat a lot of cap space. And playing the comp pick game involves a team signing him and the Chargers winning the game.

If the Chargers could use MW to get Orlando Brown - I am good with. If MW wants to lower his contract - extend him, I am good with. The one thing I wouldn't want is him playing on the 15.6 cap for one year and than Free Agent.

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    Originally posted by therber219 View Post
    I really don't understand why this keeps getting brought up.. Yes Brown is extremely talented, but I don't think the Chargers are magically going to change their character standards... And he did the same thing that brought Des a one way ticket outta town.... He went public with his complaints, that's not someone they bring in. He is also gonna want a big payday in another year, so I just don't see the benefits over the draft.
    I generally agree with what you are saying.

Brown has let it be known that he wants out. That immediately lowers his trade value.

Also, Brown allowed 3 sacks and the Ravens passed the ball less than two-thirds of the time that we did. So that would translate to a good 5+ sacks allowed. Now, I could be persuaded that some of that was Jackson holding the ball while trying to make a play and PFF certainly seems to like Brown, but Brown is not an elite option. He may be solid to good, which is much better than what we have had most of the time in recent years, but he is not elite.

And, as you noted, he will be entering the last year of his contract, so I would want him extended as part of any deal that gets made. But the offer would be no more than a second round pick by itself for Brown.

I want us to have the chance to trade back for some team wanting a QB in the first round this year, giving us their second round pick in the process. That way, if we traded for Brown as I have noted and succeeded in trading back as outlined, we would end up with a 1st, a 2nd, two 3rd round picks and Brown.

I would consider restructuring/extending Williams if possible. The other way to do it to pay him this year and let him walk next year in free agency to a high paying team. He might be worth a 4th round compensatory pick if we go light enough on our own free agency signings.

Leave a comment:

• CivilBolt
    replied
    I really don't understand why this keeps getting brought up.. Yes Brown is extremely talented, but I don't think the Chargers are magically going to change their character standards... And he did the same thing that brought Des a one way ticket outta town.... He went public with his complaints, that's not someone they bring in. He is also gonna want a big payday in another year, so I just don't see the benefits over the draft.
    Yup. You can add Desmond King to this list.

Leave a comment:

• Coachmarkos
    replied
    I said 2-3, but it will probably be 1 or 2.

With cap room, and our QB situation... we could be a popular landing spot for FA's who are looking to stay competitive, but not break the bank.

Leave a comment:

• Eurobolt
    replied
    Originally posted by Formula 21 View Post
    Brown and a second for MW. That’s my trade.
    What Contract for Brown?

If we trade for Brown sign GB center and draft LT at 13 i am happy with those changes.

Leave a comment:

• Formula 21
    replied
    Brown and a second for MW. That’s my trade.

Leave a comment:

• AK47
    replied
    Originally posted by PR#1 View Post

Bama, OSU, Georgia, LSU. You all get the idea. Big SEC teams.

And please tell TT, NO MORE NOTRE DAME !!!!
    Dude, you guys don't get. TT's side chick is from Notre Dame.

Leave a comment:

• CivilBolt
    replied
    If this trade ever happens, hopefully he doesn’t pull a “Gaither”. Gaither played good with the Ravens/Chargers then got lazy after the Chargers paid him $$$.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X