How many O-Linemen should the Chargers draft?

Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bolt4Knob
    replied
    Originally posted by BoltUp InLA View Post

I agree! This year there is some depth at OL in the draft, so anything less than three picks will have me scratching my head. The OL has been a consistent problem for quite some time now. This is the year to rebuild it completely with some young talent and supplement it with some solid FA pickups.
    Three picks - yes
    but one on day 1 or in R2
    one on day 2
    and one on day 3

I don't want Telesco waiting until Day 3 and he uses his 4th 6th and 7th on OL

Leave a comment:

• BoltUp InLA
    replied
    Originally posted by FarAwayBoltFan View Post
    We have plenty of holes to fill but none more pressing than the O-Line. I've historically been a Best Player Available at a position of need guy. But the trencher in me has had it with the lack of success. So my take is that until the talent is at acceptable levels we should use all resources on the offensive front. So as limiting and unlikely as it would be, I vote all 9 picks go to the o-line, our greatest weakness. It will never, ever, happen, but the odds of success increase with increased numbers.
    I agree! This year there is some depth at OL in the draft, so anything less than three picks will have me scratching my head. The OL has been a consistent problem for quite some time now. This is the year to rebuild it completely with some young talent and supplement it with some solid FA pickups.

Leave a comment:

• FarAwayBoltFan
    replied
    We have plenty of holes to fill but none more pressing than the O-Line. I've historically been a Best Player Available at a position of need guy. But the trencher in me has had it with the lack of success. So my take is that until the talent is at acceptable levels we should use all resources on the offensive front. So as limiting and unlikely as it would be, I vote all 9 picks go to the o-line, our greatest weakness. It will never, ever, happen, but the odds of success increase with increased numbers.

Leave a comment:

• Classic
    replied
    Originally posted by gzubeck View Post

Given we have 9 picks I would consider that really light! Maybe we pick only one in the third but I can't see them passing on any good prospects they like in the latter rounds. Special teams and developmental oline.
    Aren't we expecting most of our guys to be back? (I.e Tevi , Lamp) We have development OL (Pipkins and Quessenberry, Storm)and as for special team those guys can be found in the udfa pool.

Leave a comment:

• gzubeck
    replied
    Originally posted by Classic View Post
    I bet we only draft 1 OL and but look to make a splash in F.A. I don't believe OL will be the pick @ #13 unless it's BPA.
    Given we have 9 picks I would consider that really light! Maybe we pick only one in the third but I can't see them passing on any good prospects they like in the latter rounds. Special teams and developmental oline.

Leave a comment:

• Classic
    replied
    I bet we only draft 1 OL and but look to make a splash in F.A. I don't believe OL will be the pick @ #13 unless it's BPA.

Leave a comment:

• Boltdiehard
    replied
    I’m still the only one who voted to draft 4-5 offensive lineman and we must protect the chosen one.

Beef

Leave a comment:

• like54ninjas
    replied
    Originally posted by PR#1 View Post
    One writers idea on how to fix the Oline.

https://chargerswire.usatoday.com/20...-agency-draft/

My new line, from left to right, would look something like: Vera-Tucker, Banks, Linsley, Warford, Bulaga. Depth includes Feeney, Lamp, Tevi, Carman, Storm Norton, Trey Pipkins and Scott Quessenberry.
    Carrying 12 Olinemen.
    Are you spending 3 of the first 5 picks on the Oline?
    AVT, Carman, and Banks will take that investment.

Leave a comment:

• PR#1
    replied
    One writers idea on how to fix the Oline.

https://chargerswire.usatoday.com/20...-agency-draft/

My new line, from left to right, would look something like: Vera-Tucker, Banks, Linsley, Warford, Bulaga. Depth includes Feeney, Lamp, Tevi, Carman, Storm Norton, Trey Pipkins and Scott Quessenberry.

Leave a comment:

• Maniaque 6
    replied
    • 1st Round - WR Mike Williams, Clemson. ...
    • 2nd Round - OG Forrest Lamp, Western Kentucky. ...
    • 3rd Round - OG Dan Feeney, Indiana. ...
    • 4th Round - S Rayshawn Jenkins, Miami. ...
    • 5th Round - DB Desmond King, Iowa. ...
    • 6th Round - OT Sam Tevi, Utah.
    Not bad at all !
    It would be better if the picks are all reversed.

OT
    DB
    S
    OG
    OG
    WR

Leave a comment:

• Xenos
    replied
    Maybe at least three. Something like the 2017 draft but with much better results.

Leave a comment:

• 21&500
    replied
    Originally posted by SuperCharged View Post
    Love this poll. Oline first 3 rounds. Unless one of the elite WR's drops to 13.
    1. Slater
    2. Little
    3. S. Brown

FA Linsley

Leave a comment:

Working...
X