• Show
Clear All
  • gzubeck
    Ines Sainz = Jet Bait!
    • Jan 2019
    • Tucson, AZ
    • Send PM

Originally posted by SDFan View Post

and his public position was always that he had to do whatever was needed to protect his family financially- thereby forcing the move to LA. Guess his sister was never a factor there? Agree there is likely an agenda behind the scenes, and would bet Kroenke is involved somehow too. I remember there was a specific time period after a move where NFL prohibits selling a team to keep owners from big windfalls with ill advised moves. Kroenke was never happy about being forced to share his castle with a Pauper for $1 per year rent. There was an article in the last year or so mentioning Deano had not yet started paying back his $650 Million relocation fee either. This whole thing could be orchestrated to: let Dean sell to a richer owner who could then either move the team without much friction to a more compatible home like St Louis, or at least let Kroenke negotiate a more financially realistic stadium sharing contract if the new owner chose to stay. Pay off his relocation fees to NFL from sale proceeds, and let the arbitration process with sister proceed to conclusion out of media glare before next season starts.Ties up multiple loose ends at once.
    I can't see this as a problem for Kroenke having the Chargers remaining in Sofi. What other better AFL team would be better in LA right now given the pending Charger storm a brewin'. There must be some benefit to Kroenke that we are just not privy to for this deal.

:wtf:
    Chiefs won the Superbowl with 10 Rookies....

"Locked, Cocked, and ready to Rock!" Jim Harbaugh

Comment

• richpjr
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Jun 2013
      • Nashville
      • Send PM

Originally posted by gzubeck View Post

I can't see this as a problem for Kroenke having the Chargers remaining in Sofi. What other better AFL team would be better in LA right now given the pending Charger storm a brewin'. There must be some benefit to Kroenke that we are just not privy to for this deal.

:wtf:
      If the Chargers were to leave SoFi, what benefit does that give Kroenke at this point? He already spent the money on the stadium and surrounding development so aside from competing with another NFL team, I see nothing in it for him.

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Dec 2019
        • Send PM

Originally posted by richpjr View Post

If the Chargers were to leave SoFi, what benefit does that give Kroenke at this point? He already spent the money on the stadium and surrounding development so aside from competing with another NFL team, I see nothing in it for him.
        Saw something on twitter today -- forgot to copy it but the Spanii are over a billion in debt
        $650m for the move

I just wonder if Dean is not good at business since he was gifted the team. Not being facetious - I truly wonder what is business acumen is.

Comment

• Critty
          Dominate the Day.
          • Mar 2019
          • Send PM

Originally posted by PR#1 View Post

I wonder if your arch nemesis Critty knows your an attorney
          Well, he does spew opinion and conjuncture as if they are verifiable facts, and then continues to double down on his cherry picked interpretations in what appears to be nothing more than a need to win an argument. So yeah.... I think its reasonable to conclude he is a sociopath.....err, I mean attorney.
          :stirpot:
          Who has it better than us?

Comment

• Boltdiehard
            The Precious
            • May 2019
            • Send PM

Originally posted by Velo View Post

I don't know where you get your information about Rob Bonta from, but I know Rob and I can assure you he is neither a grifter nor an opportunist.
            Been in Alameda for a long time and he did nothing on his climb other than spew a bunch of race based division and the evidence of these efforts is everywhere here now. I’ll leave it at that.

Comment

• Boltdiehard
              The Precious
              • May 2019
              • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt4Knob View Post

Saw something on twitter today -- forgot to copy it but the Spanii are over a billion in debt
              $650m for the move

I just wonder if Dean is not good at business since he was gifted the team. Not being facetious - I truly wonder what is business acumen is.
              What’s the old saying? If you owe the bank $100 that’s your problem. If you owe the bank $100 million, that’s the bank's problem.

Somebody is starting to squeeze here.

Comment

• eaterfan
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Oct 2020
                • Send PM

Timing doesn't seem suspicious at all to me. The cash inflows last year were less than normal. For a family that doesn't have a huge stream of outside revenue, this will create issues. The new TV deal probably plays a factor, as well. The value of the team went up because of the increased revenue that will come in. This increases the desire for her to sell. It also makes John want to hang on longer so he can get a piece of that.

Comment

• wu-dai clan
                  Smooth Operation
                  • May 2017
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by eaterfan View Post
                  Timing doesn't seem suspicious at all to me. The cash inflows last year were less than normal. For a family that doesn't have a huge stream of outside revenue, this will create issues. The new TV deal probably plays a factor, as well. The value of the team went up because of the increased revenue that will come in. This increases the desire for her to sell. It also makes John want to hang on longer so he can get a piece of that.
                  What makes the timing suspicious is that the Chargers are clearly about to became much more valuable.
                  We do not play modern football.

Comment

• Lucab12
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Aug 2020
                    • Send PM

For San Diegans, this story will never be over. Hipsters in Brooklyn don't care that the Dodgers moved in 1959. Many are wearing their KD jerseys. I don't think the Chargers are ever moving back

Comment

• like54ninjas
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Oct 2017
                      • Great White North
                      • Draftnik
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by Lucab12 View Post
                      For San Diegans, this story will never be over. Hipsters in Brooklyn don't care that the Dodgers moved in 1959. Many are wearing their KD jerseys. I don't think the Chargers are ever moving back
                      The Chargers are not moving back. That is a done deal. Give up that dream.

SD might get a “B/C” rated NBA (A - WNBA) team or an A/B rated soccer team to call its own in a few years that the hipsters and old codgers can lukewarmly support.
                      My 2021 Adopt-A-Bolt List

MikeDub
                      K9
                      Nasir
                      Tillery
                      Parham
                      Reed

Comment

• Xenos
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Feb 2019
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by SDFan View Post

and his public position was always that he had to do whatever was needed to protect his family financially- thereby forcing the move to LA. Guess his sister was never a factor there? Agree there is likely an agenda behind the scenes, and would bet Kroenke is involved somehow too. I remember there was a specific time period after a move where NFL prohibits selling a team to keep owners from big windfalls with ill advised moves. Kroenke was never happy about being forced to share his castle with a Pauper for $1 per year rent. There was an article in the last year or so mentioning Deano had not yet started paying back his $650 Million relocation fee either. This whole thing could be orchestrated to: let Dean sell to a richer owner who could then either move the team without much friction to a more compatible home like St Louis, or at least let Kroenke negotiate a more financially realistic stadium sharing contract if the new owner chose to stay. Pay off his relocation fees to NFL from sale proceeds, and let the arbitration process with sister proceed to conclusion out of media glare before next season starts.Ties up multiple loose ends at once.
                        What article about Dean not starting to pay the money yet? He technically has 30 years.

Comment

• richpjr
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Jun 2013
                          • Nashville
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by Xenos View Post

What article about Dean not starting to pay the money yet? He technically has 30 years.
                          Not sure the $650 million has much bearing on anything, given how long they have to pay it back. Clearly they are one of the least wealthy owners and their construction business is way down from what I hear, but with the fat checks coming in from the league and paying no rent, I have a hard time believing they are in any big financial difficulties. Sounds more like someone wants to cash out and Dean is objecting.

Comment

Working...
                          X