• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Xenos
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Feb 2019
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt4Knob View Post
    Dean Spanos sued by sister, accused of 'misogynistic' behavior as legal battle continues over control of Los Angeles Chargers (espn.com)

I remember reading back in the day that Dean was given control of the team because of lineage in the family - or partly the reason

It does seem Dea is corroborating that a bit
    I wouldn’t surprised if Dean was misogynistic. But it’s hard to prove and seems like a Hail Mary attempt by Dea because the original lawsuit isn’t going her way.

Comment

• gzubeck
      Ines Sainz = Jet Bait!
      • Jan 2019
      • Tucson, AZ
      • Send PM

Maybe she should bitch and moan after the Chargers win a Superbowl and the teams worth more. If the Chargers win a Superbowl she probably will lose all power to affect any out comes so she's just trying to get paid now. Can't they just find a partner to buy out her share?

:2cents:
      Chiefs won the Superbowl with 10 Rookies....

"Locked, Cocked, and ready to Rock!" Jim Harbaugh

Comment

• richpjr
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Jun 2013
        • Nashville
        • Send PM

The Spanos family is certainly not wealthy compared to most other owners but come on - they pay $1 a year in rent in their sweetheart deal and are in no way hurting for money. I get why people don't like them but lots of completely unfounded stuff being posted here.

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Dec 2019
          • Send PM

Originally posted by Xenos View Post

I wouldn’t surprised if Dean was misogynistic. But it’s hard to prove and seems like a Hail Mary attempt by Dea because the original lawsuit isn’t going her way.
          Yeah, I don't think this goes anywhere.

Comment

• Xenos
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Feb 2019
            • Send PM

Originally posted by gzubeck View Post
            Maybe she should bitch and moan after the Chargers win a Superbowl and the teams worth more. If the Chargers win a Superbowl she probably will lose all power to affect any out comes so she's just trying to get paid now. Can't they just find a partner to buy out her share?

:2cents:
            That’s what they were trying to do. It led some to originally believe that Dean was trying to sell the team in 2 years.

Comment

• gzubeck
              Ines Sainz = Jet Bait!
              • Jan 2019
              • Tucson, AZ
              • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt4Knob View Post

Yeah, I don't think this goes anywhere.
              Personally...I think he's torturing her with competency over the past 2 years. How dare he draft a Superstar QB and then hire competent coaching staff. She just wants to collect her paycheck so they should just come up with some kind of agreeable terms and we can move on.

opcorn:
              Chiefs won the Superbowl with 10 Rookies....

"Locked, Cocked, and ready to Rock!" Jim Harbaugh

Comment

• Riverwalk
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Nov 2021
                • Send PM

Originally posted by Critty View Post
                Dean should have looked South, not North with a vision for the future of the Chargers brand.

Should have found a way to get a deal done in San Diego.

Had a plan to play 2 games a year South, then eventually play a 3rd game South. 1 pre-season game. 1 regular season. And then pushed the league to have that 17th extra game always be in South America.

Mexico City, 1 regular season home game each year.
                Rotate 1 pre season home game in South America each year.
                Rotate the 17th extra game in South America each year.
                San Paolo, Brazil
                Lima, Peru
                Santiago, Chile
                Buenos Aires, Argentina
                Bogota, Columbia
                Caracas, Venezuela
                Rio de Janero, Brazil

San Diego still gets 7 regular season home games and 1 pre season home game. Plus home playoff games.

Schedule with the NFL to always get the bye week after the trip to the South American City.

Sell your Brand to new markets, instead of the move to LA where they told you they didn't want you.

Sell some exclusive package ticket deals to season ticket holders to make the trip to South America Cities game.

Get talked about a lot in sports news because of the business move to play games South America. Get talked about on game day when it's in one of those cities. Gets global sponsorships because of the marketing South of San Diego.

IMO, the LA move was a checkers business move.
                But a plan to market South would have been a chess move.
                Change the name to the Cartel

Comment

• jamrock
                  lawyers, guns and money
                  • Sep 2017
                  • Send PM

Nasty family squabble. There’s always one difficult kid

Comment

• Velo
                    Ride!
                    • Aug 2019
                    • Everywhere
                    • Leave the gun, take the cannolis
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by gzubeck View Post

Personally...I think he's torturing her with competency over the past 2 years. How dare he draft a Superstar QB and then hire competent coaching staff. She just wants to collect her paycheck so they should just come up with some kind of agreeable terms and we can move on.

opcorn:
                    Competency would include going to the playoffs, and that hasn't happened despite two seasons of a superstar QB whom they drafted by sheer luck. I seriously doubt she or anyone is awestruck by Dean's competency, or his sons'. She wants to wrest control of the Spanos trust away from Dean and package the trust's 36 percent ownership with her 15 percent ownership and offer majority ownership of the franchise up for sale. Frankly, I'd welcome new ownership with deep pockets. The Chargers are a cash poor team, there are so many mouths to feed in the Spanos family, and I'm telling you this is going to become an issue when it comes time to pay Herbert.

Comment

• Velo
                      Ride!
                      • Aug 2019
                      • Everywhere
                      • Leave the gun, take the cannolis
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by jamrock View Post
                      Nasty family squabble. There’s always one difficult kid
                      You are an attorney, correct? What is your assessment of this situation?

Comment

• Xenos
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Feb 2019
                        • Send PM

Daniel Kaplan provides some context:

filed a lawsuit Friday against Dean aimed to have him removed from the trust, alleging he’s breached his fiduciary duty.

What makes this suit different from the one filed last April?

Daniel Kaplan, sports business staff writer: The key difference between the lawsuits is with the latest, Berberian does not push for a sale of the team. In doing so, she should avoid the long arm of the NFL, which ruled her earlier lawsuit belonged in arbitration because it involved team owners arguing over the disposition of a team.

Coincidentally, or not, she finally acceded earlier this week to arbitration, days before she would file the latest litigation. Any hope Spanos had of hiding the family feud behind closed doors is now evaporated with the latest development.

Comment

• Xenos
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Feb 2019
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by Velo View Post

Competency would include going to the playoffs, and that hasn't happened despite two seasons of a superstar QB whom they drafted by sheer luck. I seriously doubt she or anyone is awestruck by Dean's competency, or his sons'. She wants to wrest control of the Spanos trust away from Dean and package the trust's 36 percent ownership with her 15 percent ownership and offer majority ownership of the franchise up for sale. Frankly, I'd welcome new ownership with deep pockets. The Chargers are a cash poor team, there are so many mouths to feed in the Spanos family, and I'm telling you this is going to become an issue when it comes time to pay Herbert.
                          How is this going to be an issue when it comes time to pay Herbert?

Comment

Working...
                          X