• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • jamrock
    lawyers, guns and money
    • Sep 2017
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Velo View Post

You are an attorney, correct? What is your assessment of this situation?
    Hahaha. I’m a music attorney!! I do t know any of the underlying g facts or what the Trust document says. But these disputes are emotion fueled and nasty. I do know Adam Streisand who is Dea’s attorney. He is very very tough and will make this miserable for Dean if he can.

Comment

• PR#1
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Aug 2019
      • Send PM

If Dea wants her share, Dean should just pay her her share so she can cash out.

But he's too broke to even do that

Comment

• Fouts2herbert
        Charger Fan since 1978
        • Sep 2021
        • Send PM

Originally posted by Xenos View Post
        Daniel Kaplan provides some context:

filed a lawsuit Friday against Dean aimed to have him removed from the trust, alleging he’s breached his fiduciary duty.

that was an interesting read…

Who knows what’s really going on but we’ve all known for a while that dean’s business skills are not the best. It doesn’t surprise me that he is also in trouble with the IRS for back taxes, is being sued by his nephews, is being accused of going around his co-trustee manager Dea, and mismanaging the family trust that they all share. It would infuriate me if I was one of the other siblings because the trust going into debt cannot possibly be good for any of them. They’re sitting on a golden goose and somehow Dean can’t seem to run the show without running up 358 million bucks in debt. Sounds like he didn’t actually have the capital to move the team to LA to begin with, so he dumped it into the trust somehow?

Then, his sons, Dean’s sons are drawing (I’m sure healthy) salaries from the team expense budget while their cousins are probably left out of the fold. Dean and his boys wield an awful lot of power considering he owns less than 1/4 of the total team’s total value (24%) as 4% is owned by folks outside the Spanos family. If the trust has to claim bankruptcy it’s going to cost all of them not only the team but a lot of the money they would stand to gain in a sale and why? Because dean made some bad business deals? I could care less about any of these people, including Dea, but if my dad had appointed me co-manager of the family trust and my brother was doing things behind my back or without my approval and consent, I think I’d be upset too. The other two might be siding with Dean now, but it’ll be interesting if this lawsuit sheds light on what he’s been up to if Alexis and Michael will stick by Dean’s side going forward.

I’ve been paying attention to how the broncos have been running smoothly despite the mess with the Bowlen family. and now they’re transitioning to a new owner. Makes you realize how unnecessary owners actually are, LOL. People complain about the packers not having an owner but they’ve been one of the best run franchises in the NFL over the past 28 or so years.
        "The author assumes no responsibility or liability for any errors or omissions in the content of this post. The information contained in this post is provided on an "as is" basis with no guarantees of completeness, accuracy, usefulness or timeliness..."​​

Comment

• Velo
          Ride!
          • Aug 2019
          • Everywhere
          • Leave the gun, take the cannolis
          • Send PM

Originally posted by Fouts2herbert View Post

Who knows what’s really going on but we’ve all known for a while that dean’s business skills are not the best. It doesn’t surprise me that he is also in trouble with the IRS for back taxes, is being sued by his nephews, is being accused of going around his co-trustee manager Dea, and mismanaging the family trust that they all share. It would infuriate me if I was one of the other siblings because the trust going into debt cannot possibly be good for any of them. They’re sitting on a golden goose and somehow Dean can’t seem to run the show without running up 358 million bucks in debt. Sounds like he didn’t actually have the capital to move the team to LA to begin with, so he dumped it into the trust somehow?

Then, his sons, Dean’s sons are drawing (I’m sure healthy) salaries from the team expense budget while their cousins are probably left out of the fold. Dean and his boys wield an awful lot of power considering he owns less than 1/4 of the total team’s total value (24%) as 4% is owned by folks outside the Spanos family. If the trust has to claim bankruptcy it’s going to cost all of them not only the team but a lot of the money they would stand to gain in a sale and why? Because dean made some bad business deals? I could care less about any of these people, including Dea, but if my dad had appointed me co-manager of the family trust and my brother was doing things behind my back or without my approval and consent, I think I’d be upset too. The other two might be siding with Dean now, but it’ll be interesting if this lawsuit sheds light on what he’s been up to if Alexis and Michael will stick by Dean’s side going forward.

I’ve been paying attention to how the broncos have been running smoothly despite the mess with the Bowlen family. and now they’re transitioning to a new owner. Makes you realize how unnecessary owners actually are, LOL. People complain about the packers not having an owner but they’ve been one of the best run franchises in the NFL over the past 28 or so years.
          If Dean did not have a rich daddy, he would be a career Home Depot employee or something like that. Not that there is anything wrong with working at Home Depot, my point is he is way out of his depth trying to manage the family finances and an NFL football team.

Comment

• Fouts2herbert
            Charger Fan since 1978
            • Sep 2021
            • Send PM

Originally posted by Velo View Post

If Dean did not have a rich daddy, he would be a career Home Depot employee or something like that. Not that there is anything wrong with working at Home Depot, my point is he is way out of his depth trying to manage the family finances and an NFL football team.
            :LOL:
            "The author assumes no responsibility or liability for any errors or omissions in the content of this post. The information contained in this post is provided on an "as is" basis with no guarantees of completeness, accuracy, usefulness or timeliness..."​​

Comment

• ghost
              The Rise of Kellen Moore
              • Jun 2013
              • Send PM

Originally posted by jamrock View Post

Hahaha. I’m a music attorney!! I do t know any of the underlying g facts or what the Trust document says. But these disputes are emotion fueled and nasty. I do know Adam Streisand who is Dea’s attorney. He is very very tough and will make this miserable for Dean if he can.

I never say 'Mike Florio has a good point,' but here he makes a interesting point, IMHO -

With her attempt to force the trust to sell the team heading to arbitration, she perhaps can get to the same place if she seizes control of the trust — and thus can in her capacity as the sole trustee bundle the 36 percent plus the 15-percent chunk she individually owns and sell controlling interest to someone like Josh Harris, who was ready to bid $5 billion for 100 percent of the Broncos equity. Maybe he’d pay $2.55 billion for 51 percent of the Chargers.

Comment

• Xenos
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Feb 2019
                • Send PM

Originally posted by Fouts2herbert View Post

Everything you mentioned is what his sister is claiming at least. I’m not sure she’s the most trustworthy source. She also is the mother of the nephews trying to sue as well. I will say that despite all these legal problems, it hasn’t stopped us from having an awesome offseason so far in remaking our team. So obviously, Dean is doing an amazing job of paying people and a new facility even though he has supposedly has no money lol.

Comment

• 21&500
                  Bolt Spit-Baller
                  • Sep 2018
                  • A Whale's Vajayjay
                  • CMB refugee
                  • Send PM

I'm worried about the on-field effects this litigation might have if any.
                  it would be very Charger to finally have another superbowl roster to be negativly impacted in a new and creative way like the Dean getting sued. Geez.
                  I suppose the best thing for the Chargers organization at this time is for Dean to prevail and thrive as an NFL owner.
                  Go Dean (Threw up in my mouth a little.)
                  G-Ro knows.

Comment

• Boltjolt
                    Dont let the PBs fool ya
                    • Jun 2013
                    • Henderson, NV
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by 21&500 View Post
                    I'm worried about the on-field effects this litigation might have if any.
                    it would be very Charger to finally have another superbowl roster to be negativly impacted in a new and creative way like the Dean getting sued. Geez.
                    I suppose the best thing for the Chargers organization at this time is for Dean to prevail and thrive as an NFL owner.
                    Go Dean (Threw up in my mouth a little.)
                    I don't think this will have any impact at all on the field.
                    Zero, zilch.

Comment

• jamrock
                      lawyers, guns and money
                      • Sep 2017
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post

Zero, zilch.
                      Can’t wait for Dea and Dean to fight over who hoists the Lombardi. Will be almost as good as when Roselle had to hand the trophy to Al Davis when he was suing him

Comment

• Fouts2herbert
                        Charger Fan since 1978
                        • Sep 2021
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by Xenos View Post
                        Everything you mentioned is what his sister is claiming at least. I’m not sure she’s the most trustworthy source. She also is the mother of the nephews trying to sue as well. I will say that despite all these legal problems, it hasn’t stopped us from having an awesome offseason so far in remaking our team. So obviously, Dean is doing an amazing job of paying people and a new facility even though he has supposedly has no money lol.
                        Can’t say one way or another about Dea’s credibility, have no effin clue, BUT, big but, what I know about Dean lends some credibility to the accusations. I know some posters here will automatically dismiss Dea solely because she’s female. That’s unfortunate and more telling about the folks posting than anything else. For those people, just pretend Dea is a man accusing her brother of mismanagement and incompetence, then take what you know of him from the decisions he’s made as owner and then maybe you can see some plausibility in what’s being alleged.

Me, I can’t believe I’ve actually shaken hands with the man, Dean looked me in the eye and said everything they were doing was designed to keep the chargers in San Diego. The complete opposite was true all along, I suspected it then so I wasn’t the least bit surprised when it turned out to be the case. I think going back to Alex they intended to move the team when the opportunity presented itself.

So yeah, I might not know a ton about who Dea is but I do have an inkling about who HE is. In regards to Dea, I think it’s telling that Alex made her co-manager of the trust but also that Alex entrusted her to run some of the other Spanos corporation businesses. As far as I know none of those businesses are being audited by the IRS. BTW the IRS is expanding it’s audit of the the Spanos trust, from one year (2015) to 5 years 2014-2019! Dea’s a highly educated corporate lawyer and being a woman and unlike Dean my guess is she probably had to ‘EARN’ her way into the role that her father entrusted her with. Otherwise she might be an afterthought like her sister Alexis.

I really don’t give a shit about any of these people one way or another but as a charger fan that pre-dates the Spanos era, I’d be lying if I didn’t admit I’m a bit excited at the prospect of new ownership. Me, I’m only on team Dea because I look forward to a post Spanos era. Dea is an accomplished business woman, she’s looking out for her best interest and the welfare of her family financially. She as co-chair of the trust has so much inside information that we don’t. If she has come to the realization that the ‘captain’ is driving the ship into a financial iceberg, I’m willing to at least listen. If for no other reason than I’m genuinely looking forward to new ownership

Comment

• Fouts2herbert
                          Charger Fan since 1978
                          • Sep 2021
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post

Zero, zilch.
                          Agreed, the broncos have been doing just fine despite their ownership issues. There biggest problem was that John Elway couldn’t find them another QB.

Comment

Working...
                          X