Clear All
  • like54ninjas
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Oct 2017
    • Great White North
    • Draftnik
    • Send PM

Originally posted by chaincrusher View Post

Based upon my understanding, there is basically a zero percent chance of there being any sale of part of the team that will affect the controlling ownership of the team. The other three trustees claim to have the right under the terms by which the trust is held to acquire the 9% share of the sister wanting to sell. If they have that right, they will exercise it and that is pretty much the end of the story. Exercising such a right would not require NFL approval.

Even if they do not, the NFL has to approve any new owners and Dean Spanos has been a loyal owner. I could very easily see an attempted involuntary sale to any third party over the objection of a financially capable Dean Spanos being rejected out of hand by the league's owners, essentially forcing a sale to Dean Spanos or no sale at all.

This is a non-issue.

This is the big question. Is he/team financially capable?
    The sister’s lawsuit says no. The court will be the arbitrator to find the truth.
    My 2021 Adopt-A-Bolt List

MikeDub
    K9
    Nasir
    Tillery
    Parham
    Reed

Comment

• MagicMamba88
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Sep 2019
      • Send PM

Originally posted by like54ninjas View Post

As long as we don’t rebrand. That would end my fandom.
      that and moving the team out of California would do it for me.

Comment

• like54ninjas
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Oct 2017
        • Great White North
        • Draftnik
        • Send PM

Originally posted by MagicMamba88 View Post

that and moving the team out of California would do it for me.
        I’m not loyal to Cali so that wouldn’t affect me.

MikeDub
        K9
        Nasir
        Tillery
        Parham
        Reed

Comment

• Originally posted by like54ninjas View Post

This is the big question. Is he/team financially capable?
          The sister’s lawsuit says no. The court will be the arbitrator to find the truth.
          Of course the 3 Spanoses can buy the sister out. Each of the siblings has an individual 15% ownership interest in the team, separate and apart from the 36% owned by the trust.

In the worst case scenario, one in which the Spanoses have no funds and cannot finance a buyout, the group of three can sell a combined 9% stake in the team (from their individual holdings) to buy out the 9% of team ownership in the trust that would be the sister's fair one-quarter share of the 36% team ownership held by the trust.

However, I think it is far more likely that the other siblings will simply buy out the sister with cash/assets and some financing. At the 2020 team valuation of $2.6B, the fair market value of a 9% stake would be $234M.

My understanding is that NFL teams do have a debt limit of $500M, so that could be a limiting factor when it comes to financing.

Comment

• like54ninjas
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Oct 2017
            • Great White North
            • Draftnik
            • Send PM

Of course the 3 Spanoses can buy the sister out. Each of the siblings has an individual 15% ownership interest in the team, separate and apart from the 36% owned by the trust.

In the worst case scenario, one in which the Spanoses have no funds and cannot finance a buyout, the group of three can sell a combined 9% stake in the team (from their individual holdings) to buy out the 9% of team ownership in the trust that would be the sister's fair one-quarter share of the 36% team ownership held by the trust.

However, I think it is far more likely that the other siblings will simply buy out the sister with cash/assets and some financing. At the 2020 team valuation of $2.6B, the fair market value of a 9% stake would be $234M.

My understanding is that NFL teams do have a debt limit of $500M, so that could be a limiting factor when it comes to financing.
            Let’s see how it plays out in court.
            I am not an attorney and don’t play one here.
            I haven’t read any of the submitted court filings so have no idea about the inner workings.

Are you saying the woman and I can just buyout her 24% total ownership stake for about $624,000,000.00?
            If so some calls will be made!

:rasta:

:waiting:

:goofylol:

MikeDub
            K9
            Nasir
            Tillery
            Parham
            Reed

Comment

• Xenos
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Feb 2019
              • Send PM

Originally posted by chargeroo View Post
              I'm remembering how happy we were when Klein sold the team to Spanos. Now we know that Spanos isn't much better, if any, than Klein was. If this happens I hope they get a better owner this time.
              The salary cap helped out a lot of teams like ours. Wonder how Klein would do in this environment.

Comment

• Originally posted by like54ninjas View Post

Let’s see how it plays out in court.
                I am not an attorney and don’t play one here.
                I haven’t read any of the submitted court filings so have no idea about the inner workings.

Are you saying the woman and I can just buyout her 24% total ownership stake for about $624,000,000.00?
                If so some calls will be made!

:rasta:

:waiting:

:goofylol:
                As it turns out, I am an attorney and get to play one on most days, but I have only had limited exposure to the alleged facts of this case--just what I have read in articles.

And no, I do not think you can just go to the Charger market and buy a 24% stake in the team like a loaf of bread at the grocery store.

My understanding is that any new owner that is not a family member must seek and obtain the approval of the NFL before any such person can become an owner. That is an NFL rule, not a legal rule.

Within the trust, Dean Spanos maintains that there exists a right to buy out any other trustee if the other trustee wants to sell. I have read that and such a limitation makes sense if Alex Spanos wanted the team to remain in the family, but I am not in a position to confirm that with certainty.

As to each sibling's separate 15% stake in the team, I have read nothing about any limitations regarding the sale of any such ownership interest (other than the one discussed above that is imposed by the NFL).

By the way, congrats to you if you can get your hands on $624M.

Comment

• like54ninjas
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Oct 2017
                  • Great White North
                  • Draftnik
                  • Send PM

As it turns out, I am an attorney and get to play one on most days, but I have only had limited exposure to the alleged facts of this case--just what I have read in articles.

And no, I do not think you can just go to the Charger market and buy a 24% stake in the team like a loaf of bread at the grocery store.

My understanding is that any new owner that is not a family member must seek and obtain the approval of the NFL before any such person can become an owner. That is an NFL rule, not a legal rule.

Within the trust, Dean Spanos maintains that there exists a right to buy out any other trustee if the other trustee wants to sell. I have read that and such a limitation makes sense if Alex Spanos wanted the team to remain in the family, but I am not in a position to confirm that with certainty.

As to each sibling's separate 15% stake in the team, I have read nothing about any limitations regarding the sale of any such ownership interest (other than the one discussed above that is imposed by the NFL).

By the way, congrats to you if you can get your hands on $624M.
                  It was said jokingly.

You are a lawyer. Things make much more sense now.

MikeDub
                  K9
                  Nasir
                  Tillery
                  Parham
                  Reed

Comment

• gzubeck
                    Ines Sainz = Jet Bait!
                    • Jan 2019
                    • Tucson, AZ
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by like54ninjas View Post

It was said jokingly.

You are a lawyer. Things make much more sense now.
                    LOL! I bet Deana is tired for waiting for her cut of the financial Pie now that the Brothers have maximized the value over the last 3 years with new Stadium, New QB, New Coaching staff! Sell high as it might not go any higher (In her mind). Super Yachts are not cheap!

:coffee:
                    Chiefs won the Superbowl with 10 Rookies....

"Locked, Cocked, and ready to Rock!" Jim Harbaugh

Comment

• dmac_bolt
                      Day Tripper
                      • May 2019
                      • North of the Lagoon
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by chargeroo View Post
                      I'm remembering how happy we were when Klein sold the team to Spanos. Now we know that Spanos isn't much better, if any, than Klein was. If this happens I hope they get a better owner this time.
                      Klein was worse, and he was a crook. He got lucky with Tommy Prothro putting solid pieces in and then getting Coryell. Then once he got some stars as soon as they asked for their worth he sold them for cash and stripped the team of the key last pieces need to win it all. Dick.

Dean is just incompetent.
                      “Less is more? NO NO NO - MORE is MORE!”

Comment

• dmac_bolt
                        Day Tripper
                        • May 2019
                        • North of the Lagoon
                        • Send PM

Deana is a stupid name. I already don’t like her.
                        “Less is more? NO NO NO - MORE is MORE!”

Comment

• 21&500
                          Bolt Spit-Baller
                          • Sep 2018
                          • A Whale's Vajayjay
                          • CMB refugee
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by dmac_bolt View Post
                          Deana is a stupid name. I already don’t like her.
                          THANK YOU!
                          I blame the parents
                          then her for keeping that name.
                          Chargers vs. Everyone

Comment

Working...
                          X