• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • CivilBolt
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Nov 2019
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Formula 21 View Post
    Phone call for Jeff Bezos. Is Jeff here?
    Sadly his ex-wife can even buy this team. Maybe she’s interested.

Comment

• richpjr
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Jun 2013
      • Nashville
      • Send PM

Originally posted by JPPT1974 View Post
      Yeah as that really the people over in San Diego will never forgive the Spanos family no matter who they are for moving from San Diego to LA. At least they have a new stadium. But sadly it is not in San Diego.
      And I bet an awful lot of them are Laker fans (I know a few) - loyal to the soil!

Comment

• Xenos
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Feb 2019
        • Send PM

Originally posted by Fouts2herbert View Post

Believe what xenos? That dean might’ve lied to her? That dean’s defrauding his siblings and the through the family trust? That dean is not the best captain to steer the ship? Why is any of that hard to believe? She just wants what rightfully belongs to her…

She looks like she’s in her sixties, why does she have to defer her inheritance to her children and their children all because her brother wants to maintain control of a football team which he clearly doesn’t have the means own outright? It’s HER money, that HER parents left her in HER inheritance! He comes out and says “daddy wanted this to be our legacy in perpetuity” and that’s easy for him to say because he’s the one running the show even though he owns not one penny more of that team than his sister does, not one!

none of this would even been an issue if dean could afford to buy out his sister, but he can’t!!! BUT, he wants to continue running the show like when daddy was around and HIS kids are the ones in the high salaried positions on the teams payroll…I’m mostly italian, greek, spanish, and portuguese so I’m familiar with the ‘oldest son’ familial dynamics in Latin families…thing is he doesn’t own anymore of the team than any of the other siblings and I think dea is tired of having her money held hostage when she clearly has no interest in being an NFL owner…why is she the bad guy here?

I don’t understand your POV at all, she wants what she’s entitled to, she doesn’t need to explain herself to ANYONE, the fact that she’s had to resort to lawsuits clearly shows that a) dean doesn’t have the means to continue as sole owner and b) he hasn’t followed thru with what she said he told her, that he would find someone to buy her shares…turns out she’s wanted out for a long time…knowing what we know about this man, is it really so hard to believe that dean told her something and then didn’t follow thru with it? He’s already admitted publicly that he told her he would, she’s just tired of him kicking the can down the road, hoping that she’ll “fall in line” like the other two siblings…
        I don’t believe her original lawsuit. Also about Dean agreeing to sell the team since we don’t know that’s publicly true.

This section of the letter will surely be heavily debated in court. The petition argues that this paragraph from Dean qualifies as “written consent to transfer” after the 2024 season, which would be the Chargers’ fifth in SoFi Stadium. Dean, Michael, Alexis and their lawyers will argue that this paragraph dictates no such thing. From their perspective, Dean was merely creating a pathway for Berberian to get out of the family business and gain liquidity for her stake in the team, and that nowhere in the letter did he commit to sell. Hiring an investment banking firm, as Dean writes, would be necessary to acquire a firm valuation of the Chargers. This, in turn, would allow Berberian to sell her 9 percent stake at market value.

Comment

• Fouts2herbert
          Charger Fan since 1978
          • Sep 2021
          • Send PM

Originally posted by Xenos View Post
          I don’t believe her original lawsuit. Also about Dean agreeing to sell the team since we don’t know that’s publicly true.
          LOL, I doubt the three siblings combined can afford to buy out her 9% share of the trust, let alone the other 15% stake she owns in the team…

So help my understand why you speak out against dea, FACT she inherited 24% of the chargers from her parents, FACT she’s entitled to cash out if she doesn’t want to be tied to the team…FACT out of sheer desperation she’s had to sue her brother to get the ball rolling…please explain yourself, why is she doing anything wrong here, she CLEARLY just wants the money that she’s ENTITLED to by rights of inheritance…I don’t understand what your beef with dea is, she’s our best hope to get new ownership, how in the hell is that a bad thing?
          "The author assumes no responsibility or liability for any errors or omissions in the content of this post. The information contained in this post is provided on an "as is" basis with no guarantees of completeness, accuracy, usefulness or timeliness..."​​

Comment

• Xenos
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Feb 2019
            • Send PM

LOL, I doubt the three siblings combined can afford to buy out her 9% share of the trust, let alone the other 15% stake she owns in the team…

So help my understand why you speak out against dea, FACT she inherited 24% of the chargers from her parents, FACT she’s entitled to cash out if she doesn’t want to be tied to the team…FACT out of sheer desperation she’s had to sue her brother to get the ball rolling…please explain yourself, why is she doing anything wrong here, she CLEARLY just wants the money that she’s ENTITLED to by rights of inheritance…I don’t understand what your beef with dea is, she’s our best hope to get new ownership, how in the hell is that a bad thing?
            If she wants her money, that’s fine. I just don’t believe her lawsuit about what’s going on. Seems silly to go through this whole thing and lie just to sell her portion of the team. Additionally, I’m not against or for Dean as owner. So her trying to force a new owner isn’t really a boon to me. Especially when we could have a way worse new owner. Honestly, Dean and the Spanos clan get a lot of grief but they’re perfectly average when it comes to good or bad in this league

Comment

• jamrock
              lawyers, guns and money
              • Sep 2017
              • Send PM

Commanders are goi g to sell for $6B and there are at least 3 bidders at that price. Shit is crazy

Comment

• Fouts2herbert
                Charger Fan since 1978
                • Sep 2021
                • Send PM

Originally posted by jamrock View Post
                Commanders are goi g to sell for $6B and there are at least 3 bidders at that price. Shit is crazy
                The chargers won’t get that much, maybe 4.5-5 flat…the washington club has historically been one of the most expensive ones in the NFL, I’m not 100% sure why but I read that on sports illustrated once…
                "The author assumes no responsibility or liability for any errors or omissions in the content of this post. The information contained in this post is provided on an "as is" basis with no guarantees of completeness, accuracy, usefulness or timeliness..."​​

Comment

• Fouts2herbert
                  Charger Fan since 1978
                  • Sep 2021
                  • Send PM

If she wants her money, that’s fine. I just don’t believe her lawsuit about what’s going on. Seems silly to go through this whole thing and lie just to sell her portion of the team. Additionally, I’m not against or for Dean as owner. So her trying to force a new owner isn’t really a boon to me. Especially when we could have a way worse new owner. Honestly, Dean and the Spanos clan get a lot of grief but they’re perfectly average when it comes to good or bad in this league
                  I assure you there is NOTHING silly about having her brother hold her 1 billion dollar inheritance hostage!

I’d be doing the same shit or even worse to get my money, fuck him, why does he get to keep her hangin on when she just wants her cut? That shit is fucked up and you know it…

Comment

• richpjr
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Jun 2013
                    • Nashville
                    • Send PM

The chargers won’t get that much, maybe 4.5-5 flat…the washington club has historically been one of the most expensive ones in the NFL, I’m not 100% sure why but I read that on sports illustrated once…
                    Not so sure they won't get it. One difference is that Synder owns FedEx Field where Spanos rents.

Comment

• captaind
                      Cook This Pork Chops
                      • Jun 2013
                      • Mars
                      • Ball Holder
                      • Send PM

Especially when we could have a way worse new owner. Honestly, Dean and the Spanos clan get a lot of grief but they’re perfectly average when it comes to good or bad in this league
                      :triple facepalm emoji:

Comment

• Xenos
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Feb 2019
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by captaind View Post

:triple facepalm emoji:
                        It’s true.

Comment

• Fouts2herbert
                          Charger Fan since 1978
                          • Sep 2021
                          • Send PM

It’s true.
                          What, did spanos pay for your college tuition or something? What the hell am I missing here? Not truth just YOUR opinion, there’s no way your going to convince the vast majority of actual charger fans that the chargers stand to do worse and couldn’t do a HELL of a LOT better!!! Their are some truly rich TRULY rich people out there that could afford to give this team the type of edge that the walmart folks just gave the broncos, the edge that the other walmart people gave the rams in 2021, the type of edge the bucaneer owners gave their team in 2020, etc…can you see the Spanii hiring a 20mil/year HC like payton? Gimme a break already with the pro spanos stuff, it doesn't belong in any “pro charger” forum…

Comment

Working...
                          X