X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Panamamike View Post

You're labeling pipkins as a bust when he came from out of division 3 year 1. Massive massive increase competition, in his development has been under difficult circumstances. He absolutely needed to get stronger. Year two there was no active offseason. Do you ever put anything into context whatsoever? I agree he needs to prove this year but I'm not writing him off...YET.

Your math is garbage. The average carrer in the NFL is less than three and a half years. Telesco has drafted so called middle and late round busts n your mind, bit of carved out solid careers in the NFL.

I'll make another bet with you on his hit rate over seven rounds of players that have lasted more than 3 years in the league and prove you he is much higher than average as a drafter. Of course you won't take this bed because you don't have a f****** leg to stand on
    Please tell me what great contribution to our team Watt, Mager, Tuerk and Pipkins have made. I think there is a little wiggle room for argument with Feeney, a bad player on a bad OL that actually played because we refused until this year to make any meaningful upgrades to our OL. On the other hand, it would not shock me if Feeney was out of the league after this year. So how do you score his cheap 1 year second contract as a reserve. Is that a successful 3rd round pick in your view? On a team with a good OL, I do not know if he is even a decent reserve. We did not want him in that capacity.

That is 5 of Telesco's 7 third round picks that have had seasons in which to participate. Again, the issue is not that Telesco managed two starters, but rather that there have been so many players taken that were not even quality reserves, just players we do not want at all.

Everyone knew Pipkins was a reach the moment he was drafted. He has demonstrated that so far and I expect him to fail and not be offered a second contract. I think Norton is the better player right now, but that both may kept or that Norton may be the one cut, allowing Telesco to save face a little bit. Depending upon how we draft/sign OL players next year, Pipkins may be gone next season with a small dead money hit ($200+K) that won't matter.

I have never made an assertion about Telesco as a drafter over all 7 rounds, just round three, so you are trying to make hay out of a position I am not even taking. Also, your bar is way too low. I think Telesco is pretty average as a drafter given where he has drafted (drafting 3 times in the top 10 in 9 seasons helps a lot). He is not as good as A.J. Smith was, but A.J. was considerably above average.

Comment

• Panamamike
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Jun 2013
      • Send PM

Originally posted by chaincrusher View Post

Please tell me what great contribution to our team Watt, Mager, Tuerk and Pipkins have made. I think there is a little wiggle room for argument with Feeney, a bad player on a bad OL that actually played because we refused until this year to make any meaningful upgrades to our OL. On the other hand, it would not shock me if Feeney was out of the league after this year. So how do you score his cheap 1 year second contract as a reserve. Is that a successful 3rd round pick in your view? On a team with a good OL, I do not know if he is even a decent reserve. We did not want him in that capacity.

That is 5 of Telesco's 7 third round picks that have had seasons in which to participate. Again, the issue is not that Telesco managed two starters, but rather that there have been so many players taken that were not even quality reserves, just players we do not want at all.

Everyone knew Pipkins was a reach the moment he was drafted. He has demonstrated that so far and I expect him to fail and not be offered a second contract. I think Norton is the better player right now, but that both may kept or that Norton may be the one cut, allowing Telesco to save face a little bit. Depending upon how we draft/sign OL players next year, Pipkins may be gone next season with a small dead money hit ($200+K) that won't matter.

I have never made an assertion about Telesco as a drafter over all 7 rounds, just round three, so you are trying to make hay out of a position I am not even taking. Also, your bar is way too low. I think Telesco is pretty average as a drafter given where he has drafted (drafting 3 times in the top 10 in 9 seasons helps a lot). He is not as good as A.J. Smith was, but A.J. was considerably above average.
      Again, you have no clue whatsoever as to the hit rate in the third round in the NFL. It's actually already been posted for you to review on this board... But not this thread.

You claimed that our drafter sucks in the third round. I stipulate that he is above average in the NFL drafting in the third round since he has been in charge of our drafting. The sample size is small and 100% the numbers are in my favor. Again ... put up or shut up.

I've called you out numerous times. offered you bets and told you that you're full of s***in this discussion for what you quote, how you quote it, what you say and what you leave out as far as context and where that quote was in an overall discussion that preceded it. There's three bets on the table ... Set your wager amount pls.

Comment

• Panamamike
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Jun 2013
        • Send PM

By the way if you want to label Pickens as a bust versus the NFL average career and or length of third round players career (over the last 20 seasons) I will make a futures BET right now for any amount you want.

THere are four bets I have laid out for you. One is based off of a community poll as to what was written and what it means versus what you say I said and what it means.
        The rest are based off of math versus your opinion and there are statistics we can base them off.

4 bets. Please publicly state the amount you would like to place per bet and we can get started. I prefer a grand each but if you want to go down to $100 per bet that's fine with me too. Just let me know.

Comment

• like54ninjas
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Oct 2017
          • Great White North
          • Draftnik
          • Send PM

Originally posted by Panamamike View Post

How so? Please, for the love of God extrapolate your thought more than with four words. I will add you to the open bet offer.

Please read the thread, the argument that ensued, and we will discuss whatever amount you would like to put up under the conditions that I laid forth above.
          I’m aware of the track and posts of the thread.
          You just misread/didn’t understand what I was referring to.
          Do you think I was agreeing with his positions on the draft? If so, you’re the one who needs to read this and every other thread. Crusher and I very seldom agree on much of anything.
          Crusher had a sentence in his post that I agreed with in that WE all think we’re right when offering our takes, thoughts, and affirmative statements.
          Crusher likes to argue, as he does for a living, his view into the ground where I don’t nearly as often is the difference.
          Relax brother. Smoke a joint and let the stress, blood pressure, and quick twitch reactions melt away.

:rasta:

p.s. for the love of what god?
          My 2021 Adopt-A-Bolt List

MikeDub
          K9
          Nasir
          Tillery
          Parham
          Reed

Comment

• Panamamike
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Jun 2013
            • Send PM

Originally posted by like54ninjas View Post

Do you think I was agreeing with his positions on the draft? If so, you’re the one who needs to read this and every other thread. Crusher and I very seldom agree on much of anything.
            Crusher had a sentence in his post that I agreed with in that WE all think we’re right when offering our takes, thoughts, and affirmative statements.
            Crusher likes to argue, as he does for a living, his view into the ground where I don’t nearly as often is the difference.
            Relax brother. Smoke a joint and let the stress, blood pressure, and quick twitch reactions melt away.

I actually smoke two joints..hahaha...

You have to admit your four word reponse was very hard to interpret. I have read most of your previous interactions and that's why I was really shocked by it. I apologize for not deciphering the code of those four words.

Comment

• 21&500
              Bolt Spit-Baller
              • Sep 2018
              • A Whale's Vajayjay
              • CMB refugee
              • Send PM

2 in times of peace
              and
              2 in times of war
              P1. Block Destruction - Ogbonnia
              P2. Shocking Effort - Eboigbe
              P3. Ball Disruption - Ford
              P4. Obnoxious Communication - Henley

Comment

• Panamamike
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Jun 2013
                • Send PM

I enjoy a healthy argument and differences of viewpoints. I don't like misrepresentation and taking things out of context and spinning them to suit one's preconceived notions.

At the end of the day I'm excited as hell for the season coming up as I truly hope and think everyone on this bored is. The amount of buzz Herbert created last season has caught the eye of everyone but some myopic fans of our biggest rivals. I'm really pumped for the change of coaching staff, offensive line, and please dear God I look forward to a relatively healthy preseason for a change (it has to happen once right?) to go into week one.

Comment

• Panamamike
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Jun 2013
                  • Send PM

Whichever god or deity/higher power one wishes to believe in. It was more of a figure of speech than anything else, but you just made me laugh my ass off. I appreciate it

​​​​​​P.S. if I need to sacrifice a live chicken to take the curse off this team's health woes I will gladly do it and barbecue that son of a b**** afterwards.

Comment

• like54ninjas
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Oct 2017
                    • Great White North
                    • Draftnik
                    • Send PM

I actually smoke two joints..hahaha...

You have to admit your four word reponse was very hard to interpret. I have read most of your previous interactions and that's why I was really shocked by it. I apologize for not deciphering the code of those four words.
                    I highlighted the phrase but I can see how you could have thought I was agreeing that he is the one who is correct.
                    I don’t just for the record.

MikeDub
                    K9
                    Nasir
                    Tillery
                    Parham
                    Reed

Comment

• like54ninjas
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Oct 2017
                      • Great White North
                      • Draftnik
                      • Send PM

Whichever god or deity/higher power one wishes to believe in. It was more of a figure of speech than anything else, but you just made me laugh my ass off. I appreciate it

​​​​​​P.S. if I need to sacrifice a live chicken to take the curse off this team's health woes I will gladly do it and barbecue that son of a b**** afterwards.
                      Jobu awaits!

MikeDub
                      K9
                      Nasir
                      Tillery
                      Parham
                      Reed

Comment

• like54ninjas
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Oct 2017
                        • Great White North
                        • Draftnik
                        • Send PM

I enjoy a healthy argument and differences of viewpoints. I don't like misrepresentation and taking things out of context and spinning them to suit one's preconceived notions.

At the end of the day I'm excited as hell for the season coming up as I truly hope and think everyone on this bored is. The amount of buzz Herbert created last season has caught the eye of everyone but some myopic fans of our biggest rivals. I'm really pumped for the change of coaching staff, offensive line, and please dear God I look forward to a relatively healthy preseason for a change (it has to happen once right?) to go into week one.
                        I also enjoy a clash of views. It makes us all smarter when we discuss things and actually listen to others views.

MikeDub
                        K9
                        Nasir
                        Tillery
                        Parham
                        Reed

Comment

• Panamamike
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Jun 2013
                          • Send PM

I highlighted the phrase but I can see how you could have thought I was agreeing that he is the one who is correct.
                          I don’t just for the record.
                          " So do we all" in reference to the highlighted words I thought meant that you agreed with him being right with everything he had said on this discussion alone. I was surprised by it, not least of which I don't believe you agree with everything that anyone says... even the odd time when you are the speaker! ,:-)

Comment

Working...
                          X