Welcome Josh Palmer, WR, Tennessee (Pick #77)

Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by TexanBeerlover View Post

We don’t know what goes on behind closed doors but intelligence/attitude may have been the separator.
    This is what I know. KJ Hill sucks as a WR and as a PR. Tyron Johnson is a good WR that works very well with Herbert. The previous regime did not have a problem with Johnson. This is on Staley.

Comment

• Panamamike
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Jun 2013
      • Send PM

Originally posted by chaincrusher View Post

This is what I know. KJ Hill sucks as a WR and as a PR. Tyron Johnson is a good WR that works very well with Herbert. The previous regime did not have a problem with Johnson. This is on Staley.
      The previous team also had shitty special teams units because a lot of reserve depth players did not play special teams. Times are changing. Why don't we wait and see how things work out before you jump off the cliff over a depth wr.
      Ideally, they could add a wide receiver with speed that also participates in coverage units. This is the initial final 53 it may however not be the same 53 that start week one.

Comment

• DragonIce
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Mar 2021
        • Arizona
        • Send PM

The Chain...he's everywhere! He's in the locker room, the weight room, and in the coaches offices. He's overhears everything said in the Chargers hr department, while scarfing down their doughnuts. He's got his secret camera at hidden practices.

Chain sees all, hears all, knows all. Who can doubt his conclusions when he's factored all knowable data into his super-computer mind?

ChainRuster's dance cannot be stopped. Can he be contained? It may be beyond our power.
        :disco:

Comment

• Originally posted by Panamamike View Post

The previous team also had shitty special teams units because a lot of reserve depth players did not play special teams. Times are changing. Why don't we wait and see how things work out before you jump off the cliff over a depth wr.
          Ideally, they could add a wide receiver with speed that also participates in coverage units. This is the initial final 53 it may however not be the same 53 that start week one.
          Hill has zero ST value. He is a terrible PR. Johnson is far superior as a WR. The move is just bad.

I mean, we could add Perriman or Brown, but the only problem is that Johnson is better than they are, so yeah, the move was terrible.

Comment

• RTPbolt
            Charger Fan till the end
            • Jun 2013
            • North Carolina
            • Send PM

Im betting they try to get Johnson on practice squad. Decent chance he isnt going to get much action given the other cuts out there.

not sure whats up with Hill. I havent seen enough to say his practice and tape had him as more valuable. I guess KR/PR duty might have won him over Johnson.

Let em play!

Comment

• Topcat
              AKA "Pollcat"
              • Jan 2019
              • Send PM

It was reported that when Herbie took over at QB, the Bolts simplified the playbook to help Herbie more easily grasp the offense, especially the pass calls. I'm going to guess that Johnson also benefited from this. At first, just about the only route Johnson had to run was the "go" route. And he was successful. Later on, Johnson did show he could run more routes in the tree. It has been reported that Lombardi's offense is rather complex...

I'm going to guess T-Billy has had issues picking up the new offense, leading to errors in both practices and games, which have been reported. That Johnson jawing incident didn't help either. It may be that Staley & Staff consider Johnson to be: A) Not smart enough to pick up the offense...B) A hothead who will get slapped with a lot of penalties...C) A potential locker room cancer...or D) All of the above...

Comment

• Originally posted by DragonIce View Post

The Chain...he's everywhere! He's in the locker room, the weight room, and in the coaches offices. He's overhears everything said in the Chargers hr department, while scarfing down their doughnuts. He's got his secret camera at hidden practices.

Chain sees all, hears all, knows all. Who can doubt his conclusions when he's factored all knowable data into his super-computer mind?

ChainRuster's dance cannot be stopped. Can he be contained? It may be beyond our power.
                :disco:
                I guess you must not have seen the team play at all last year. Just about everyone on this forum knows that Johnson is way better than KJ Hill. Numerous posters thought that Johnson was better than Guyton and worthy of consideration as the #3 WR prior to the draft. I had him at #4, not at any risk of being cut. For me, it would have made more sense to have gotten rid of one of our crappy DBs of which we kept plenty, to find a PR. Only keeping 5 WRs with Hill as one of the 5 is idiotic. If he is being kept as the PR, then we needed to keep 6 WRs so we could keep our crappy PR.

And if we were only going to keep 4 non-PR WRs, then Palmer should have been the one that was cut. Like I said, just an awful decision.

I would have kept Allen, Williams, Guyton, Johnson, Palmer, Moore and Reed over Hill.

Comment

• Topcat
                  AKA "Pollcat"
                  • Jan 2019
                  • Send PM

Hill has zero ST value. He is a terrible PR. Johnson is far superior as a WR. The move is just bad.

I mean, we could add Perriman or Brown, but the only problem is that Johnson is better than they are, so yeah, the move was terrible.
                  No, not Perryman...and his injuries, again...already dealing with JJ...

Comment

• Originally posted by Topcat View Post

It was reported that when Herbie took over at QB, the Bolts simplified the playbook to help Herbie more easily grasp the offense, especially the pass calls. I'm going to guess that Johnson also benefited from this. At first, just about the only route Johnson had to run was the "go" route. And he was successful. Later on, Johnson did show he could run more routes in the tree. It has been reported that Lombardi's offense is rather complex...

I'm going to guess T-Billy has had issues picking up the new offense, leading to errors in both practices and games, which have been reported. That Johnson jawing incident didn't help either. It may be that Staley & Staff consider Johnson to be: A) Not smart enough to pick up the offense...B) A hothead who will get slapped with a lot of penalties...C) A potential locker room cancer...or D) All of the above...
                    Not even Anthony Lynn could screw up the simple skill of Tyron Johnson. He had none of the problems last year that you are suggesting may have been a problem for him now. This is 100% on Staley. I would keep Johnson over Hill if I had to tell him separately every time in the huddle, "Okay, Tyron, I want you to run straight real fast." If he only ran one pattern, he would have more value than Hill.

Comment

• Originally posted by Topcat View Post

No, not Perryman...and his injuries, again...already dealing with JJ...
                      Right. Johnson is better than they are anyway.

Comment

• equivocation
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Apr 2021
                        • Send PM

As I said in another thread, Johnson got himself cut all by himself. There's no WR6 on the roster so he lost to Amen, Anderson, or Hall.

Comment

• Topcat
                          AKA "Pollcat"
                          • Jan 2019
                          • Send PM

Not even Anthony Lynn could screw up the simple skill of Tyron Johnson. He had none of the problems last year that you are suggesting may have been a problem for him now. This is 100% on Staley. I would keep Johnson over Hill if I had to tell him separately every time in the huddle, "Okay, Tyron, I want you to run straight real fast." If he only ran one pattern, he would have more value than Hill.
                          Interesting point there, Crusher. So, there is a FIFTH possible reason why T-Billy got cut: Lombardi's offense is so complex that the Bolts lost patience with Johnson's ability to pick it up...and he may have just needed more time and practice to get comfortable with it...so, the Bolt Brass lost patience with T-Billy for a few mistakes, but chose to stick with Pip, who stunk up the field this preseason, another year to try to coach him up...oh my, is this, ahem...FAVORITISM???

Comment

Working...
                          X