Welcome Larry Rountree III, RB Missouri (Pick #198)

Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Panamamike
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Jun 2013
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post
    Ive got concerns about Roundtree as an NFL RB.
    He only ran a 4.70 - 40 and more importantly he had a not so good 1.73 10 yard split. Compared to Javonte Wiliams 1.60 and even Khalil Herbert....who id rather of drafted over Roundtree drafting late,....he had a 1.62 and a 4.5 -40 and he goes 210 lbs.

He was a good college RB but holes close quicker in the NFL so we'll see what he can do. Im not expecting a lot so im hoping he surprises me. LaGarrett Blount ran a 4.7 as well but he weighed like 245 lbs and would just punch you in the face if you got in his way :tongue:
    By no means am I equating these two running backs however Emmitt Smith ran a 4.7 40 at the combine. Arien Foster ran 4.69. Vision trumps most other aspects for RB IMO. Breakaway speed is great, but marginal differences in 10 yd splits and 40 times really doesn't matter much to a running back. Vision , stop /start, and the ability to cut at speed are highly value traits in a running back in my opinion.

Richardson was a great example of a really measurable running back that couldn't see a hole if he was about to fall into it.
    Last edited by Panamamike; 05-28-2021, 02:04 PM.

Comment

• like54ninjas
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Oct 2017
      • Great White North
      • Draftnik
      • Send PM

Originally posted by Panamamike View Post

By no means am I equating these two running backs however Emmitt Smith ran a 4.7 40 at the combine. Arien Foster ran 4.69. Vision trumps most other aspects for RB IMO. Breakaway speed is great, but marginal differences in 10 yd splits and 40 times really doesn't matter much to a running back. Vision , stop /start, and the ability to cut at speed are highly value traits in a running back in my opinion.

Richardson was a great example of a really measurable running back that couldn't see a hole if he was about to fall into it.
      I concur while adding contact balance and passpro ability to the list of + RB traits.
      I think initial burst is important for a RB to hit the NFL creases vs the college holes but Larry counters successfully with decisive patience ala Le’Veon Bell.
      Larry possesses enough important traits to be successful in the NFL.
      My 2021 Adopt-A-Bolt List

MikeDub
      K9
      Nasir
      Tillery
      Parham
      Reed

Comment

• Boltjolt
        Dont let the PBs fool ya
        • Jun 2013
        • Henderson, NV
        • Send PM

Originally posted by Panamamike View Post

All true.
        I'm more concerned with his 10 yard split but you are right, good vision is a huge plus and again, I hope he surprises. I'm not writing him off at all. Just concerned about his traits converting to the NFL.

I'll also add that Emmitt also ran a 4.52 at his pro day and at his pro day is where Roundtree ran his 4.7

Just sayin.

Here is the link to Emmitts pro day article. Bobby Beathard even chimed in on his proday. Emmitt also had a 4.45 in there for good measure.
        GAINESVILLE -- Florida running back Emmitt Smith erased any doubts about his speed Friday morning, running the 40-yard dash in 4.52 seconds before scouts representing 17 NFL teams.

Comment

• dmac_bolt
          Day Tripper
          • May 2019
          • North of the Lagoon
          • Send PM

I look forward to seeing him run against defenders that won’t be cut and put on their own team’s PS. Hard for me to get super excited just yet on a late round flier. Hoping TT found a diamond in the rough … we’ll see
          “Less is more? NO NO NO - MORE is MORE!”

Comment

• RTPbolt
            Charger Fan till the end
            • Jun 2013
            • North Carolina
            • Send PM

RBs seem to have plenty of late rounders with some flaw that if given play time can maje an impact. If he can make a yard when we need it for a first down ultimate speed foesnt mesn much at all. Sure its great if you need a guy that can hit the edge fast to get around the corner but to me instincts, following the blocking and vision are what gets those inside yards. If run blocking is much improved then this team is going to really surge on offense this year.

im in the let the kid play camp...Staley must have liked more traits than he disliked. Coaching and opportunity make all the difference at this point for this kid.

Comment

• dmac_bolt
              Day Tripper
              • May 2019
              • North of the Lagoon
              • Send PM

Well, i just learned that 4th rounders are really UDFAs so technically, … Larry shouldn’t even be here. Here’s to pulling for Rudy!
              “Less is more? NO NO NO - MORE is MORE!”

Comment

Working...
              X