Welcome Larry Rountree III, RB Missouri (Pick #198)

Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Heatmiser
    HarbaughHarrisonHeatMiser
    • Jun 2013
    • Send PM

Well just remember, he won’t have anyone on the coaching staff who can tell him how to run like an F150 so don’t expect too much from him.

TG
    Like, how am I a traitor? Your team are traitors.

Comment

• La Costa Boy
      Pretty much retired......
      • Sep 2018
      • JoJa
      • Bloviator of hot air and rhetoric.
      • Send PM

I'll go for the positive rather than the negative. The Senior Bowl vid looked good and this is what camp is for. If I were Justin or Joshua I would be keeping my eye on this kid. Neither of those 2 did a whole lot in my opinion last year and JJ is always on the IR it seems.

Comment

• dmac_bolt
        Day Tripper
        • May 2019
        • North of the Lagoon
        • Send PM

He seems like a UDFA to me. I hope he surprises …
        “Less is more? NO NO NO - MORE is MORE!”

Comment

• like54ninjas
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Oct 2017
          • Great White North
          • Draftnik
          • Send PM

Missouri head coach Eliah Drinkwitz joined the latest episode of "Chargers Weekly" to discuss his former player and current Los Angeles running back Larry Rountree III.

Rountree III was selected by the Chargers in the sixth round (No. 198 overall) of the 2021 NFL Draft. He left Missouri as the all-time leader in rushing yards (3,720) and rushing touchdowns (40) among running backs.

When Rountree III was selected by the Chargers

"Man, I was so excited. We talk about in our program chasing two dreams: a life with football and a life outside of football. And these guys have this great God-given ability to play this game at a high level and their dream is to play in the NFL, and so for them to have the realization of that dream in that moment it's just such a special thing. And not only for him, but for his parents and his support group and our program. We were extremely proud for him, and then you dive into the fit. I think he's going to be a tremendous fit out in L.A. with this football club and I know he'll team well with Justin Herbert and the rest of those talented football players he's got out there. But, he'll be an excellent football player for that program for a long time."

More on the fit for Rountree III in Los Angeles

"... All you're looking for is an opportunity and what you do with that opportunity is between you and God, and Larry's got a tremendous opportunity in front of him. He's going to be a tremendous asset for both that left tackle [Rashawn Slater] and for Justin to take the pressure off of them as far as having to throw the football and protect. He's a guy that can get the tough yards. It's not always pretty when you hand him the football as far as the blocking scheme, but he's going to make sure it's a positive play. And he's just got a great smile and personality, and he's going to be an excellent person in the locker room for those guys to lean on. He was voted team captain by his peers for us and just a guy that was a joy to be around."
          My 2021 Adopt-A-Bolt List

MikeDub
          K9
          Nasir
          Tillery
          Parham
          Reed

Comment

• Topcat
            AKA "Pollcat"
            • Jan 2019
            • Send PM

Originally posted by like54ninjas View Post
            Missouri head coach Eliah Drinkwitz joined the latest episode of "Chargers Weekly" to discuss his former player and current Los Angeles running back Larry Rountree III.

Rountree III was selected by the Chargers in the sixth round (No. 198 overall) of the 2021 NFL Draft. He left Missouri as the all-time leader in rushing yards (3,720) and rushing touchdowns (40) among running backs.

When Rountree III was selected by the Chargers

"Man, I was so excited. We talk about in our program chasing two dreams: a life with football and a life outside of football. And these guys have this great God-given ability to play this game at a high level and their dream is to play in the NFL, and so for them to have the realization of that dream in that moment it's just such a special thing. And not only for him, but for his parents and his support group and our program. We were extremely proud for him, and then you dive into the fit. I think he's going to be a tremendous fit out in L.A. with this football club and I know he'll team well with Justin Herbert and the rest of those talented football players he's got out there. But, he'll be an excellent football player for that program for a long time."

More on the fit for Rountree III in Los Angeles

"... All you're looking for is an opportunity and what you do with that opportunity is between you and God, and Larry's got a tremendous opportunity in front of him. He's going to be a tremendous asset for both that left tackle [Rashawn Slater] and for Justin to take the pressure off of them as far as having to throw the football and protect. He's a guy that can get the tough yards. It's not always pretty when you hand him the football as far as the blocking scheme, but he's going to make sure it's a positive play. And he's just got a great smile and personality, and he's going to be an excellent person in the locker room for those guys to lean on. He was voted team captain by his peers for us and just a guy that was a joy to be around."
            Rountree is an asset in pass pro.
            McKitty is a solid blocker.
            Palmer is a willing blocker.
            Are we seeing a pattern here?

Comment

• chargeroo
              Fan since 1961
              • Jan 2019
              • Oregon
              • Retired Manager/Pastor
              • Send PM

What I'm looking for in Roundtree is a guy that can make that yard when it's needed the most. A guy that can make those first downs and touchdowns when everyone knows he's getting the ball. We've needed a RB like that for a long time.
              THE YEAR OF THE FLIP!

Comment

• Topcat
                AKA "Pollcat"
                • Jan 2019
                • Send PM

Originally posted by chargeroo View Post
                What I'm looking for in Roundtree is a guy that can make that yard when it's needed the most. A guy that can make those first downs and touchdowns when everyone knows he's getting the ball. We've needed a RB like that for a long time.
                Yep...since LT and Turner...

Comment

• chargeroo
                  Fan since 1961
                  • Jan 2019
                  • Oregon
                  • Retired Manager/Pastor
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by Topcat View Post

Yep...since LT and Turner...
                  We can't expect to ever have another LT but anothrer Turner would serve this years team real well. Where's Marion Butts when we need him?
                  THE YEAR OF THE FLIP!

Comment

• Ghost of Quacksaw
                    Beef Before Gazelles
                    • May 2021
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by La Costa Boy View Post
                    I'll go for the positive rather than the negative. The Senior Bowl vid looked good and this is what camp is for. If I were Justin or Joshua I would be keeping my eye on this kid. Neither of those 2 did a whole lot in my opinion last year and JJ is always on the IR it seems.
                    You're correct about Kelley and Jackson underwhelming last year, but sweet jebus, the O-line was just horrific! Walter Payton in his prime might have looked pedestrian running behind that unit.

With the line re-vamped, we'll get a more accurate read of what the RBs are capable of.

Since 2021 is the final year of Justin Jackson's rookie contract, IMO Rountree is positioned to take Jackson's roster spot.

Comment

• Topcat
                      AKA "Pollcat"
                      • Jan 2019
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by Ghost of Quacksaw View Post

You're correct about Kelley and Jackson underwhelming last year, but sweet jebus, the O-line was just horrific! Walter Payton in his prime might have looked pedestrian running behind that unit.

With the line re-vamped, we'll get a more accurate read of what the RBs are capable of.

Since 2021 is the final year of Justin Jackson's rookie contract, IMO Rountree is positioned to take Jackson's roster spot.
                      Yep...JJ is like the RB version of Verrett...talent is there, just can't stay healthy...

Comment

• WindsorUK
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Jul 2013
                        • Windsor, U.K.
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by Ghost of Quacksaw View Post

BLASPHEMY!!!!!
                        Joking aside, those early Bears team had ZERO passing threat and yet 34 dominated. I often like to think what he could have done if he'd had Emmit's OL to run behind. He'd have most likely put up 2000 yard seasons as a matter of course.
                        Best football player I've ever seen( I'm not old enough to have seen Jim Brown)

As for JJ and Kelley, I really like both backs but they need to produce! JJ just by staying healthy and Kelley just by holding on the bloody football. Should be a good battle in camp this year. As a fan, that's all you can ask for.

Comment

• Boltjolt
                          Dont let the PBs fool ya
                          • Jun 2013
                          • Henderson, NV
                          • Send PM

Ive got concerns about Roundtree as an NFL RB.
                          He only ran a 4.70 - 40 and more importantly he had a not so good 1.73 10 yard split. Compared to Javonte Wiliams 1.60 and even Khalil Herbert....who id rather of drafted over Roundtree drafting late,....he had a 1.62 and a 4.5 -40 and he goes 210 lbs.

He was a good college RB but holes close quicker in the NFL so we'll see what he can do. Im not expecting a lot so im hoping he surprises me. LaGarrett Blount ran a 4.7 as well but he weighed like 245 lbs and would just punch you in the face if you got in his way :tongue:

Comment

Working...
                          X