• Show
Clear All
  • richpjr
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Jun 2013
    • Nashville
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Lefty2SLO View Post

I've seen Bill's pressers. Belichick would have simply said 'we got outcoached' and "I've got to coach better' over and over. What he would NOT have done is make nonsensical and outright stupid comments like;

1. 'I have a lot of confidence in the way we’ve done things for two years' (you're probably the only one then)

2. 'I just thought it was a high-level game all of way around. … I know that we were coaching at a high level' (complete and utter bullshit. After that game I can't believe anyone could have the balls to make such an outrageous statement. When did he 'know' this? at what point in the epic collapse last weekend did the thought run thru his head - hey, we're really coaching at a high level?)

3. 'It was tough to lose Mike in that game [but] … I think, doing it over again, I’m proud of our process' (what does this even mean? Is he proud that we lost our best playmaker in a meaningless game? That process?)

There are other response equally as bad, but you get the picture. Dude's got a real problem admitting failures and is possibly MORE stubborn than Anthony Lynn (which is saying something). Sigh. I thought / hoped that going through this grilling would force at least a small amount of humility into him, but it doesn't appear to be the case. Now we know why Lombardi was allowed to drive this offence into the ground. Staley would not admit that he was the wrong choice, with the wrong system - because that would have meant that he (Brandon Staley) had made a mistake in 1) the hire in the first place, and 2) in allowing Lombardi to continue.

This is just an example of what you get with individuals who think they can do no wrong.
    Staley has literally said literally dozens of times that he needs to coach better. Having a strong belief in an approach is not faintly close to thinking one can do no wrong. Focusing on coach speak in press conferences rarely gives anything insightful to anyone.

Bringing up Belichick is kind of ironic as he has a long history of playing starters in meaningless games. Also not sure I'd bring up his press conferences as any great beacons of coaching insight as he just repeats the same thing in a condescending tone to any question, especially after a loss.

Staley is still a young head coach who has made mistakes and is clearly a polarizing person. Anyone thinking he'd be replaced this year doesn't really follow this team or was simply deluding themselves with wishful thinking. I do think there is pressure on him this year to get the team to take the next step and with the right hire at OC, he should get there with the pieces in place. If he doesn't, he'll be gone.

I have more questions about Staley the DC than Staley the HC.

Comment

• Fouts2herbert
      Charger Fan since 1978
      • Sep 2021
      • Send PM

It’s not a good look for staley that former ram coaches he was on staff with have basically refused to work with him, the latest is wes phillips from minnesota vikings that followed o’connell there from the rams. He refused an interview for the OC position yesterday…kind of puts a dent on the theory that the charger OC position is highly coveted…
      "The author assumes no responsibility or liability for any errors or omissions in the content of this post. The information contained in this post is provided on an "as is" basis with no guarantees of completeness, accuracy, usefulness or timeliness..."​​

Comment

• richpjr
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Jun 2013
        • Nashville
        • Send PM

Originally posted by Fouts2herbert View Post
        It’s not a good look for staley that former ram coaches he was on staff with have basically refused to work with him, the latest is wes phillips from minnesota vikings that followed o’connell there from the rams. He refused an interview for the OC position yesterday…kind of puts a dent on the theory that the charger OC position is highly coveted…
        I'm not sure one guy not wanting to interview is enough to draw any conclusions on. The old saying "once is chance, twice is coincidence and third time is a pattern" comes to mind.

Comment

• Fouts2herbert
          Charger Fan since 1978
          • Sep 2021
          • Send PM

Originally posted by richpjr View Post

I'm not sure one guy not wanting to interview is enough to draw any conclusions on. The old saying "once is chance, twice is coincidence and third time is a pattern" comes to mind.

Then it’s already a pattern, mike lefluer went to uncertain QB situation in NY rather than work with brandon, daniels stayed on in frisco, and there were a couple other ram guys that year too that turned him down too and now this one…
          "The author assumes no responsibility or liability for any errors or omissions in the content of this post. The information contained in this post is provided on an "as is" basis with no guarantees of completeness, accuracy, usefulness or timeliness..."​​

Comment

• Fouts2herbert
            Charger Fan since 1978
            • Sep 2021
            • Send PM

Did you guys see what sean payton wants to make per year? His rate is 20-25 mil per season depending on certain factors…holy shit!

just to put this into perspective, brandon staley signed a 5 year deal worth 20 mil or 4mil per season…

Comment

• Boltjolt
              Dont let the PBs fool ya
              • Jun 2013
              • Henderson, NV
              • Send PM

Originally posted by 21&500 View Post

100%
              half the time I don't even listen to these so-called press conferences.
              I can frame anything anyone says as something negative or positive depending on my inclination.
              Staley can be the most arrogant ass in the world so long as he brings along a ring.
              show me results and i'll judge those.
              Exactly. I didn't listen to it.

The only 2 things I'm interested in right now is who the new OC is going to be and an injury report on players , such as just how much Herberts ribs were bothering him all year.

I didn't listen to Telescos either so not sure that was mentioned.

Comment

• wu-dai clan
                Smooth Operation
                • May 2017
                • Send PM

Precisely what happened.
                Must viewing of this golden
                Brett Kollman video.
                Available with this link,
                and on YouTube/Twitter.
                We do not play modern football.

Comment

• 21&500
                  Bolt Spit-Baller
                  • Sep 2018
                  • A Whale's Vajayjay
                  • CMB refugee
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by wu-dai clan View Post
                  Precisely what happened.
                  Must viewing of this golden
                  Brett Kollman video.
                  Available with this link,
                  and on YouTube/Twitter.

is this it?
                  Can't see it in twitter.
                  Chargers vs. Everyone

Comment

• wu-dai clan
                    Smooth Operation
                    • May 2017
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by 21&500 View Post

is this it?
                    Can't see it in twitter.
                    Sorry.
                    I have a glitch built in.
                    @brettkollmann
                    or search
                    Brett Kollmann on YouTube.

Note corrected spelling.
                    We do not play modern football.

Comment

• Fleet 1
                      TPB Founder
                      • Jun 2013
                      • Kauai
                      • Send PM

Test

Comment

• Fleet 1
                        TPB Founder
                        • Jun 2013
                        • Kauai
                        • Send PM

Are you guys using the video uploader?

Screen Shot 2023-01-20 at 8.08.28 AM.png

Comment

• jubei
                          Vagabond Ninja
                          • Feb 2019
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by NoMoreChillies View Post
                          Mistakes have been made, but i havent seen Staley make the same mistake twice
                          Love your vids NMC but stalebread keeps making mistakes with his D...he's repeated as a bottom dweller on D.

Comment

Working...
                          X