• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • powderblueboy
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Jul 2017
    • Send PM

Originally posted by CanadianBoltFan View Post

Yup it is getting on my nerves too. He does some good things but he also makes unforced errors and stupid mistakes. That is why so many NFL observers say these unnessessary mistakes are holding back Justin herbert and costing this team. A better more experienced coach would have had the Chargers in the playoffs LAST season.

And the AFC West might have 2 SB winning coaches that will coach circles around him next year. Payton interviewing in Denver ina few days and he said he knows how to fix Russell Wilson.
    Just heard it today on a sports talk show in Northern Ca.

The talk was about how K.C., Buffalo & Cincy, with their qbs, are going to dominate the AFC for the next decade,
    and then one of them throws in the "maybe Herbert if they get the head coach fixed."

They weren't talking about neutering Staley.
    Staley's reputation among the average sports talk show slob is in the crapper.

Comment

• dmac_bolt
      Day Tripper
      • May 2019
      • North of the Lagoon
      • Send PM

I had no problem with tuning up the starters for a few series. But 14-7 after 2 successful drives was absolutely the time to remove the starters. Felt like coaching 101
      I still want to know where all of you were when I was a lone voice calling on him to sit key star players all week long before the game. MDub was very specifically on my list to sit.

Fucking crickets around here until y’all got 20/20 hindsight when Dub got hurt. I was battered for my recommendation by this forum al, not one of you clowns were standing up with me. Ok, maybe one, two tepid supporters - everyone around here was more interested in either having the starting offense in particular work to get better, or part of the crowd was just a vengeful BEAT DONKEYS just cuz - as if that meant a single shit for anything. now rabid crowd of “should have sat players” has surged to 10 times the size it was before the game. Whatever

I’m not going to check every newly religious poster, but I checked you. You didn’t post anything on the question until after the injury. Not the week before, not even during the game before he got hurt. Makes the call a lot easier if you wait to see what happened.

it is what it is, Chargers will regroup and plan accordingly and I still think we see him on the field. If not, they’ll find a different way, we still have many weapons. The endless bitching around here by backseat monday morning armchair coaches is a joke.
      “Less is more? NO NO NO - MORE is MORE!”

Comment

• CanadianBoltFan
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Jul 2022
        • White Rock, BC Canada
        • Send PM

Originally posted by dmac_bolt View Post

I still want to know where all of you were when I was a lone voice calling on him to sit key star players all week long before the game. MDub was very specifically on my list to sit.

Fucking crickets around here until y’all got 20/20 hindsight when Dub got hurt. I was battered for my recommendation by this forum al, not one of you clowns were standing up with me. Ok, maybe one, two tepid supporters - everyone around here was more interested in either having the starting offense in particular work to get better, or part of the crowd was just a vengeful BEAT DONKEYS just cuz - as if that meant a single shit for anything. now rabid crowd of “should have sat players” has surged to 10 times the size it was before the game. Whatever

I’m not going to check every newly religious poster, but I checked you. You didn’t post anything on the question until after the injury. Not the week before, not even during the game before he got hurt. Makes the call a lot easier if you wait to see what happened.

it is what it is, Chargers will regroup and plan accordingly and I still think we see him on the field. If not, they’ll find a different way, we still have many weapons. The endless bitching around here by backseat monday morning armchair coaches is a joke.
        Ok sir you were right! I defer and admit the error of my ways.

I did want to see the starters play a few snaps but I never dreamed i would see Herbert into the 4th quarter

Comment

• dmac_bolt
          Day Tripper
          • May 2019
          • North of the Lagoon
          • Send PM

Ok sir you were right! I defer and admit the error of my ways.

I did want to see the starters play a few snaps but I never dreamed i would see Herbert into the 4th quarter
          Thats really kind of you. I appreciate it, thank you good sir.

I’m only right 3 times a year around here, i would just like to enjoy it for a brief moment. …

,,, ok, great.

I’m working on my other “right” position - Pipkins - so I’m going to head on over there and lob some flaming spiked turd bags at my opponents. Have a great day

Comment

• CanadianBoltFan
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Jul 2022
            • White Rock, BC Canada
            • Send PM

Originally posted by dmac_bolt View Post

Thats really kind of you. I appreciate it, thank you good sir.

I’m only right 3 times a year around here, i would just like to enjoy it for a brief moment. …

,,, ok, great.

I’m working on my other “right” position - Pipkins - so I’m going to head on over there and lob some flaming spiked turd bags at my opponents. Have a great day
            Lol you too

I agree with you about resigning Pipkins

Comment

• Boltjolt
              Dont let the PBs fool ya
              • Jun 2013
              • Henderson, NV
              • Send PM

Originally posted by Air Coryell View Post

I've seen lots of guys like Staley. I call them;

Ready - Fire - Aim
              What will you say if we win? Will there be anything positive,...for a change?

Comment

• electricgold
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Apr 2020
                • Send PM

Yup it is getting on my nerves too. He does some good things but he also makes unforced errors and stupid mistakes. That is why so many NFL observers say these unnessessary mistakes are holding back Justin herbert and costing this team. A better more experienced coach would have had the Chargers in the playoffs LAST season.

And the AFC West might have 2 SB winning coaches that will coach circles around him next year. Payton interviewing in Denver ina few days and he said he knows how to fix Russell Wilson.
                We should win this next game and all should be fine with Staley however If we lose, he could be fired, meaning Payton would want to coach the Chargers, also Jim Harbaugh would! It would be the most appealing job next to the Cowboys if they lose in the first round and fire their HC! Payton and Harbaugh could wait until the end of the first round to decide what job is the most appealing and what offers they get. This is going to be a fascinating game to see how the Chargers respond to all the whispers going on around the league in regard to Staley!

Comment

• electricgold
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Apr 2020
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt4Knob View Post

I think he made a mistake - but what is he going to say
                  Staley is not afraid of his convictions
                  The thing that kind of bothers me is Staley has never 1 time said he made a mistake or he made the wrong call, not once. Jeeesh I just heard Belichick recently admit he was wrong about something, but again Staley has never said he has to be better after a loss or bonehead call?

Comment

• DerwinBosa
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Feb 2022
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by electricgold View Post

We should win this next game and all should be fine with Staley however If we lose, he could be fired, meaning Payton would want to coach the Chargers, also Jim Harbaugh would! It would be the most appealing job next to the Cowboys if they lose in the first round and fire their HC! Payton and Harbaugh could wait until the end of the first round to decide what job is the most appealing and what offers they get. This is going to be a fascinating game to see how the Chargers respond to all the whispers going on around the league in regard to Staley!
                    The Broncos interviewed Harbaugh on Monday and will interview Payton next week.

As far as Harbaugh goes, so much for him not being interested in an NFL job. Just a month ago multiple people on this very thread posted the quote of him saying he was staying at Michigan.

Coaches lie, people.

Comment

• Air Coryell
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Jan 2021
                      • Carlsbad, CA
                      • Teacher, Coach, CFO
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post

What will you say if we win? Will there be anything positive,...for a change?
                      Sure. I love the Chargers. They would have a better chance with a healthy MW.

What about you? Glad Staley left JH in vs KC after his injury? Glad he played starters 3 qtr+ Denver? Are you going to support Staley on this? My eyes are wide open. I'm objective. I stay away from Kool-aid.

Comment

• dmac_bolt
                        Day Tripper
                        • May 2019
                        • North of the Lagoon
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by DerwinBosa View Post

The Broncos interviewed Harbaugh on Monday and will interview Payton next week.

As far as Harbaugh goes, so much for him not being interested in an NFL job. Just a month ago multiple people on this very thread posted the quote of him saying he was staying at Michigan.

Coaches lie, people.
                        I didnt think he’d leave Ann Arbor, I’m one of them. You’re right.

Comment

• RTPbolt
                          Charger Fan till the end
                          • Jun 2013
                          • North Carolina
                          • Send PM

There are always many possible decisions for any problem. Its the NFL…guys get hurt all the time but you cant really field a team without your 22 starters in there. Mike isnt seriously hurt so off the high horse dmac on being Nostrodsmas….geez let them play the fricken game. I actually applaud Staley for having balls to play his guys vs wussing out. Is there risk? Sure but there is always risk. I prefer them getting play time and with that they get benefit too but just ignore it if you want. Im not saying Staley is perfect but hes at least made the playoffs in his second year as a young coach and we have hope of winning our first game…i dont think our last 2 coaches were 1/2 as prepared as Staley and hes just getting his feet on the ground as a head coach. The tslking heads will flip their opinion as soon as any info changes so i dont put any faith in them…its only their opinions…not facts.

let Staley play this season out. Lets see the men do their best.

Comment

Working...
                          X