• Show
Clear All
  • BoltUp InLA
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Sep 2020
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Fouts2herbert View Post

ALL OF THIS^^^

the fact that steichen and pep didn’t even get considered was a huge red flag and something we all had serious concerns about, I guess people let you know who they are right away…the sheer arrogance of that is beyond fucking stupid, I knew then it was the wrong move and I felt uncomfortable about it, but I still hoped he might know something that we didn’t …turns out he doesn’t know shit, he’s just an arrogant prick that THINKS he does…

yeah going for it on the 18 yard line cost us three points in a game we lost by three, and we saw him almost throw away the browns game this past season in the final 2 minutes because he went for it from his own 42 yard line to give them an opportunity to kick the game winning field goal, fucking moron! His defense had played great in the second half and their running game was going to be nullified by the need to move the ball quickly and he chose to give them a short field when he could’ve easily pinned them down deep…

staley is not qualified to be a HC in the NFL and he’s proven it over and over again…I fear 2023 is just going to be a wasted fucking year…I have no faith in this coach…
    I agree with everything. Very well said! I kept quiet earlier hoping that he would prove me wrong, but.. and what bothers me mostly with going for it late in the Browns game is it was against Brissett and not against a top tier QB where that aggressiveness might have been warranted. Many more QBs are capable of getting within FG range when starting with a short field. Am I missing something? And no, I’m not trying to be a smart ass about this.

Comment

• Trumpet Man
      Dea Spanos my HERO
      • Dec 2022
      • Send PM

Originally posted by BayAreaBoltz View Post

Hmm. How'd those personal chefs work out in terms of Jets playoff and Super Bowl wins? I guess allocating resources for personal chefs was enough to get the win against us, so there's that.
      Point being players still remember Eddie DeBartolo and how the players were treated then and today and created a culture that had the resources to go that extra mile. That draws players and talent. Makes life nicer and more willing to run through that wall.

Comment

• Boltx
        Dominate the day
        • Jun 2013
        • Send PM

Nobody qualified will want to work for Staley especially in a lame duck year.
        ESPN Screename: GoBolts02

Comment

• BoltUp InLA
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Sep 2020
          • Send PM

Originally posted by Lefty2SLO View Post

Cheers to you as well.

I really appreciate this board and the (mostly) reasonable posters. I've been a long (long) time lurker (back to the UT days) and It's been surprisingly cathartic for me to actually engage in these conversations, whether I'm agreed with or not. It provides an outlet for me to present my opinions and vent my frustrations - helps keep me sane!

Thanks to Fleet for keeping everything under control!
          Very well said. I was a lurker also on two different sites. This site gives awesome insights! Whether I agree or not is not important. Receiving many different well thought out perspectives and being allowed to vent some is so way more important!

Comment

• BayAreaBoltz
            Chargers Hall of Fame
            • Sep 2019
            • Send PM

Originally posted by Trumpet Man View Post

Point being players still remember Eddie DeBartolo and how the players were treated then and today and created a culture that had the resources to go that extra mile. That draws players and talent. Makes life nicer and more willing to run through that wall.
            Ya, I understood the point. At the end of the day, we want wins. Whether it's the Belichick method or the Carroll style, just get wins.

Comment

• AZBolt
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Mar 2019
              • Send PM

Originally posted by BoltUp InLA View Post
              I agree with everything. Very well said! I kept quiet earlier hoping that he would prove me wrong, but.. and what bothers me mostly with going for it late in the Browns game is it was against Brissett and not against a top tier QB where that aggressiveness might have been warranted. Many more QBs are capable of getting within FG range when starting with a short field. Am I missing something? And no, I’m not trying to be a smart ass about this.
              watching the Bengals game today, what outstanding coaching they have.......fantastic game plan, averaging 6 yds per carry with 2 O' lineman starters out......many disguised blitzes and so on......then last year, making adjustments at halftime and shutting down the Chiefs in last year's playoffs. I can only imagine how much better the Chargers would be and how much more fun us fans would have with Coaching like that........We had absolutely shit coaching from Staley, Lombardi and the useless Renaldo Hill, that can't even call the D calls ( wish they all got fired).. Only the ST and maybe the DB coaching was worth a shit. This what we fans get with the incompetent Spanos family in charge.....I despise Spanos ownership.

Comment

• Air Coryell
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Jan 2021
                • Carlsbad, CA
                • Teacher, Coach, CFO
                • Send PM

Originally posted by Fouts2herbert View Post

ALL OF THIS^^^

the fact that steichen and pep didn’t even get considered was a huge red flag and something we all had serious concerns about, I guess people let you know who they are right away…the sheer arrogance of that is beyond fucking stupid, I knew then it was the wrong move and I felt uncomfortable about it, but I still hoped he might know something that we didn’t …turns out he doesn’t know shit, he’s just an arrogant prick that THINKS he does…

yeah going for it on the 18 yard line cost us three points in a game we lost by three, and we saw him almost throw away the browns game this past season in the final 2 minutes because he went for it from his own 42 yard line to give them an opportunity to kick the game winning field goal, fucking moron! His defense had played great in the second half and their running game was going to be nullified by the need to move the ball quickly and he chose to give them a short field when he could’ve easily pinned them down deep…

staley is not qualified to be a HC in the NFL and he’s proven it over and over again…I fear 2023 is just going to be a wasted fucking year…I have no faith in this coach…
                Staley is not even qualified as a DC. Our d is terrible. Especially the scheme.

Comment

• BoltUp InLA
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Sep 2020
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by AZBolt View Post

watching the Bengals game today, what outstanding coaching they have.......fantastic game plan, averaging 6 yds per carry with 2 O' lineman starters out......many disguised blitzes and so on......then last year, making adjustments at halftime and shutting down the Chiefs in last year's playoffs. I can only imagine how much better the Chargers would be and how much more fun us fans would have with Coaching like that........We had absolutely shit coaching from Staley, Lombardi and the useless Renaldo Hill, that can't even call the D calls ( wish they all got fired).. Only the ST and maybe the DB coaching was worth a shit. This what we fans get with the incompetent Spanos family in charge.....I despise Spanos ownership.
                  I wanted to believe in Staley so badly, but looking back, why weren’t there more experienced coaches on his staff to begin with?? As raw as Staley was and still is, it’s puzzling there isn’t a more experienced defensive coordinator on his staff. Even with Lombardi’s shortcomings, the Chargers had been more productive on offense than defensively over the last couple of years in my opinion.

The excuse was that the players from a year ago didn’t fit his scheme, but Lombardi wasn’t afforded the same excuse. Bradley was able to use James in a way that was much more impactful in games versus Staley who uses James to fill up stat sheets, but with much less impact on the actual game if that makes sense.

Comment

• richpjr
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Jun 2013
                    • Nashville
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltx View Post
                    Nobody qualified will want to work for Staley especially in a lame duck year.
                    If the OC comes in and flips the output of the O around, he won’t be close to a lame duck. We have the QB, a couple of good receivers a lot of young talent on the O line and Ekeler. Some success could be a fast track to a HC position. And coaches contracts are guaranteed so it’s not like they’d have to worry about a paycheck.

Comment

• powderblueboy
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Jul 2017
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by Air Coryell View Post

Staley is not even qualified as a DC. Our d is terrible. Especially the scheme.
                      I wouldn't hire him as a DC
                      Staley needs to learn more, and that won't happen by trying to figure out his latest mistakes: the trial and error method.

Frankly, i'm peeved about his tailoring the defense to his players bit,
                      followed by his these players don't fit my system bit ..... throwing white, joseph, nwosu, jones under the bus.

Comment

• powderblueboy
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Jul 2017
                        • Send PM

Shanarat Jr. is the anti-Lombo

Comment

• powderblueboy
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Jul 2017
                          • Send PM

isn't that a block in the back by Kittle?

Comment

Working...
                          X