Must be nice having Robbie Gould as your fg kicker

Comment

• powderblueboy
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Jul 2017
      • Send PM

Originally posted by Fouts2herbert View Post

ALL OF THIS^^^

the fact that steichen and pep didn’t even get considered was a huge red flag and something we all had serious concerns about, I guess people let you know who they are right away…the sheer arrogance of that is beyond fucking stupid, I knew then it was the wrong move and I felt uncomfortable about it, but I still hoped he might know something that we didn’t …turns out he doesn’t know shit, he’s just an arrogant prick that THINKS he does…

yeah going for it on the 18 yard line cost us three points in a game we lost by three, and we saw him almost throw away the browns game this past season in the final 2 minutes because he went for it from his own 42 yard line to give them an opportunity to kick the game winning field goal, fucking moron! His defense had played great in the second half and their running game was going to be nullified by the need to move the ball quickly and he chose to give them a short field when he could’ve easily pinned them down deep…

staley is not qualified to be a HC in the NFL and he’s proven it over and over again…I fear 2023 is just going to be a wasted fucking year…I have no faith in this coach…
      Yeah, arrogance is starting to crop up in accurately describing Staley's character.

Steichen was a Norv acolyte: not a cutting edge offense.

The fact that Staley chose Joe Lombardi (the Lion bust) over Steichen should have set off alarms.

Comment

• Florida fan
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Nov 2022
        • Send PM

I’m sure they will promote the water boy who won Steve Madden Super Bowl online last week. Make Stanley pay him out of his money since they kept him.

Comment

• NoMoreChillies
          Outback Goon
          • Sep 2018
          • Australia
          • Send PM

Originally posted by powderblueboy View Post

I wouldn't hire him as a DC
          Staley needs to learn more, and that won't happen by trying to figure out his latest mistakes: the trial and error method.

Frankly, i'm peeved about his tailoring the defense to his players bit,
          followed by his these players don't fit my system bit ..... throwing white, joseph, nwosu, jones under the bus.
          I saw Nwosu do well in Seattle, how did Kyzir, Linval and JJ perform this season?

Comment

• richpjr
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Jun 2013
            • Nashville
            • Send PM

Originally posted by NoMoreChillies View Post

I saw Nwosu do well in Seattle, how did Kyzir, Linval and JJ perform this season?
            Jackson was a backup in Detroit. He ran 42 times for 170 yards and a TD and caught 12 passes for 101 yards and a TD. He also ran KOs back in some games.

Joseph played in 8 games and had 20 tackles for the Eagles.

White played in 17 games, had 110 tackles and 1.5 sacks and no interceptions.

Comment

• Trumpet Man
              Dea Spanos my HERO
              • Dec 2022
              • Send PM

Originally posted by BoltUp InLA View Post
              Very well said. I was a lurker also on two different sites. This site gives awesome insights! Whether I agree or not is not important. Receiving many different well thought out perspectives and being allowed to vent some is so way more important!
              I tried to describe forum posting much like talking at a tailgater. We agree and disagree and we still say cheers and turn some pages. Its ok to be civil and disagree otherwise this forum shit is boring as Phuc. Indeed I too get different fan perspectives even more warped than my own which is scary for even medicated larry below.

:larry:

Comment

• 21&500
                Bolt Spit-Baller
                • Sep 2018
                • A Whale's Vajayjay
                • CMB refugee
                • Send PM

Originally posted by jaguarmanftype View Post

Staley failed everyone. He should have trusted Ja'Sir in man coverage, and not blow up what was working because Davis went down. Hell, if not Ja'Sir, could have put Derwin there and try Ja as a hybrid linebacker/safety.
                And if that didn't work, we could say, "why can't staley just adjust the scheme instead of trusting some rookie in man in a playoff game"
                On and on.
                He had Pederson against the fence until his number 1 CB went out, actually, his new number 1 because his first number 1 cb went out weeks ago (JCJ).
                I doubt Pederson was just toying with Staley for a quarter and a half and just LET us go up 27 nothing.
                The point is, we all saw Staley go toe to toe with superbowl winning HC Pederson and simply got out coached in the second half.
                Hypothetically, any 1 of the the list of things go our way, we win and suddenly staley is a genius because he outcoached Pederson?
                Hardly. It was a team loss.
                2024: Far From Over

Comment

• jaguarmanftype
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Nov 2020
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by 21&500 View Post

And if that didn't work, we could say, "why can't staley just adjust the scheme instead of trusting some rookie in man in a playoff game"
                  On and on.
                  He had Pederson against the fence until his number 1 CB went out, actually, his new number 1 because his first number 1 cb went out weeks ago (JCJ).
                  I doubt Pederson was just toying with Staley for a quarter and a half and just LET us go up 27 nothing.
                  The point is, we all saw Staley go toe to toe with superbowl winning HC Pederson and simply got out coached in the second half.
                  Hypothetically, any 1 of the the list of things go our way, we win and suddenly staley is a genius because he outcoached Pederson?
                  Hardly. It was a team loss.
                  He should have at least given it a try instead of falling back to what caused us to have to play close games in most of the regular season before the 4-week win streak. If I'm not wrong, Ja played well in man when Bryce Callahan went down and Ja had to start as his replacement for the Dolphins game. Granted, that was mostly at nickel, but nonetheless.

Comment

• Heatmiser
                    BetterToday ThanYesterday
                    • Jun 2013
                    • Send PM

Yeah, arrogance is starting to crop up in accurately describing Staley's character.

The fact that Staley chose Joe Lombardi (the Lion bust) over Steichen should have set off alarms.
                    Funny. When Staley was hired, there was a strong contingent here who said that the cheap Spanos family would force him to retain Steichen because it would be cheaper and continuity for continuity’s sake is John Spanos’ credo. There was post after post about it and how Staley would just be a puppet of John Spanos. That all ended up not to be the case and now we blame Staley for not keeping Steichen. So I guess John Spanos was right in this?

It is very typical to bring in people you trust and are familiar with when you assume a high level job. And NFL HC is certainly a high level job. I don’t t fault Staley for doing that and I am glad he is willing to admit it did not work and try something/somebody else

TG
                    Like, how am I a traitor? Your team are traitors.

Comment

• gzubeck
                      Ines Sainz = Jet Bait!
                      • Jan 2019
                      • Tucson, AZ
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by Heatmiser View Post

Funny. When Staley was hired, there was a strong contingent here who said that the cheap Spanos family would force him to retain Steichen because it would be cheaper and continuity for continuity’s sake is John Spanos’ credo. There was post after post about it and how Staley would just be a puppet of John Spanos. That all ended up not to be the case and now we blame Staley for not keeping Steichen. So I guess John Spanos was right in this?

It is very typical to bring in people you trust and are familiar with when you assume a high level job. And NFL HC is certainly a high level job. I don’t t fault Staley for doing that and I am glad he is willing to admit it did not work and try something/somebody else

TG
                      Go back and read my posts...I wanted to keep Steichen and Pep both.

:wtf:
                      Chiefs won the Superbowl with 10 Rookies....

"Locked, Cocked, and ready to Rock!" Jim Harbaugh

Comment

• Fouts2herbert
                        Charger Fan since 1978
                        • Sep 2021
                        • Send PM

It did set off alarms, I don’t remember anyone liking the lombo hire, multiple articles from his detroit days were posted on forums etc…

the worst was listening to the organization talk about creating stability for our young superstar QB, I remember thinking, “well our defense will be lights out so even average herbert will make us a contender” but staley’s defense has been a huge disappointment…
                        "The author assumes no responsibility or liability for any errors or omissions in the content of this post. The information contained in this post is provided on an "as is" basis with no guarantees of completeness, accuracy, usefulness or timeliness..."​​

Comment

• Heatmiser
                          BetterToday ThanYesterday
                          • Jun 2013
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by gzubeck View Post

Go back and read my posts...I wanted to keep Steichen and Pep both.

:wtf:
                          Was not singling you out friend, but a review of the posts will validate what I said about a contingent of other posters at the time. That is my point.

Peace

TG
                          Like, how am I a traitor? Your team are traitors.

Comment

Working...
                          X