Clear All
  • dmac_bolt
    Day Tripper
    • May 2019
    • North of the Lagoon
    • Send PM

[QUOTE=BayAreaBoltz;n1451721]
    Originally posted by dmac_bolt View Post

You said one side was calling Staley a liar. Now we know William is not playing. Do you now agree with them? That was the tune (in context of your post).
    Oh, ok - slightly different question. yes - many did and still are calling Staley a liar, thats right. Do I agree with them now? Still No.

I have no evidence he lied. I only see evidence the diagnosis changed during the week. Do you have any secret papers or tapes proving the diagnosis never changed and they knew from the start he had a fractured bone? If so, could you post them?

I’m won’t ignore new evidence that changes my prior position, I’ll be honest about it. Otherwise folks are still calling him a liar just … cuz they want to believe that he lied. I’ll keep checking for any posts of new evidence …
    “Less is more? NO NO NO - MORE is MORE!”

Comment

• dmac_bolt
      Day Tripper
      • May 2019
      • North of the Lagoon
      • Send PM

Originally posted by northerner View Post

MW is definitely a quality over quantity receiver, so i agree with your point, but this still means that they won't have to commit their best CB to MW.

i think pass protection is the most important factor for our offense tonight - we have enough good WR's plus Parham to have an effective passing attack. overall, my biggest fear for tonight is that our swiss cheese run defense shows up.
      I don’t mean to diminish him at all, apologies if thats the take. Some games he comes up bigger than others, thats been him. He’s a tremendous receiver and I really wish he was playing.

He didn’t make a dent in the last game, which Jrock noted we got pounded in - maybe not the best evidence we can win without him lol. Fair enough. But we have won games without him making big contributions, we can do it again. LFG, its game ay and time for players we do have to show up.
      “Less is more? NO NO NO - MORE is MORE!”

Comment

• Kellyb72601
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Sep 2019
        • Send PM

Originally posted by powderblueboy View Post

I'm almost at the point of being more curious about tomorrow's game then anything else.

Either Staley looks competent,
        or he looks foolish:

not much middle ground.

I have no idea what will happen: only the factions that will quickly form in case of a loss.
        Staley's gonna do what Staley does. Just when the hate reaches a boiling point and the entire fanbase & national media is ready to lynch him he'll show you why he has the job.

I have no idea what the offense is gonna do, and it may not be enough, but I'll be shocked if Staley doesn't call one of his best games & the defense doesn't play one of their best games. I can see it in the vibe & tone of the defensive player interviews from Thursday. It's something I hadn't seen all season, but they have no doubt.

Comment

• jamrock
          lawyers, guns and money
          • Sep 2017
          • Send PM

Talk about nuts on the line? Staley’s are on the chopping block. Media pundits have been unanimously skewering him.

Comment

• jamrock
            lawyers, guns and money
            • Sep 2017
            • Send PM

Originally posted by Kellyb72601 View Post

Staley's gonna do what Staley does. Just when the hate reaches a boiling point and the entire fanbase & national media is ready to lynch him he'll show you why he has the job.

I have no idea what the offense is gonna do, and it may not be enough, but I'll be shocked if Staley doesn't call one of his best games & the defense doesn't play one of their best games. I can see it in the vibe & tone of the defensive player interviews from Thursday. It's something I hadn't seen all season, but they have no doubt.
            Agree. Dialed in and they’re gonna need it. Kyle Van Noy is the gauge for me

Comment

• CanadianBoltFan
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Jul 2022
              • White Rock, BC Canada
              • Send PM

Originally posted by dmac_bolt View Post
              Mike Williams caught 1 pass for 15 yards in week 3 against JAX. Just an fyi for my pals here at TPB.
              Maybe that contributed to 38-10 ?

Comment

• CanadianBoltFan
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Jul 2022
                • White Rock, BC Canada
                • Send PM

I will say again

Putting the Williams fiasco aside.

Lets see if this guy really has the defensive chops when it matters. You were hired as a defensive guru, you have all your defensive weapons, lets see you make up for a deficiency on offense with the loss of Williams and win by shutting some teams down, yes the Chiefs too.

Personally I believe Staley was given a HC job too early. Is he really all the shit defensively? Or did he capitalize on incredible seasons by the likes of Donald and Ramsey for the one year he was a DC? First two years on defence in LA have been spotty to say the least

Now is the time Brandon. Lets see what you got!

Comment

• powderblueboy
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Jul 2017
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by Kellyb72601 View Post

They've seen Jacksonville this year.
                  Everyone (outside of this board) thinks they have good talent on the defensive end.

If Staley is half of what he was billed as, Jacksonville's should struggle on offense in the 1rst half.
                  Any good D coordinator would put something together to confuse Lawrence (who is as much a rookie as any 2nd year qb).

If the defense gets rolled, and they lose, in my mind they will need to go get a new head coach.

Comment

• Trumpet Man
                    Dea Spanos my HERO
                    • Dec 2022
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by jamrock View Post
                    Talk about nuts on the line? Staley’s are on the chopping block. Media pundits have been unanimously skewering him.
                    I need a ruling on this from BoltDieHard because we do accept in kind donations even Staley's balls. BRB

Comment

• QuiteFrankly
                      Since Balboa Stadium
                      • Sep 2022
                      • LA
                      • Send PM

I like Staley better than i did last year. Fewer crazy 4th down calls. And he brought in a few good players which helped the team. I just wish someone would address the running game...tryout a few big pounders for the goal line etc, and get some super quick guys like Chiefs seem to have no problem finding. I like Ekeler and he is playing great, but want some guys to change it up.

I would say keep Staley unless we can upgrade with a proven winner, like the Jaguars did. But if its about money, then he aint' goin nowhere.

Comment

• Boltjolt
                        Dont let the PBs fool ya
                        • Jun 2013
                        • Henderson, NV
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by Tomdutchy View Post

I agree. I said he lost the locker room back when he pulled the Browns move and said it again with playing starters so much last week, but I get stupid comments like you've never been in a locker room. lol If you can't read between the lines of what Ekeler said in his latest interview how "some TEAMMATES" don't agree with his decision and can't figure out he lost the team, God help you. When your wife says "I have a headache" you probably interpret that as "give it to me baby".

Your rose colored glasses goes beyond football.
                        ...Is it a stupid comment? I read between these lines that No, you havent been in a locker room so you cant relate.

Nobody on a team with 53 is going to always agree with everything a coach does. That includes the play calling of the OC, and DC and going for it or not on 4th down, attempting a 50+ yard FG, etc and they are thinking that on the sideline during the game. This is from my experience.

Many will go along with what the coaches do as Ekeler seems to be fine with what happened. But to say he lost the locker room is ignorant.

I'm also not a big Micheal Lombardi fan. When he was a GM he sucked and his last GM gig he as fired quickly.

Comment

• Trumpet Man
                          Dea Spanos my HERO
                          • Dec 2022
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by jamrock View Post
                          image.png

Comment

Working...
                          X