• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Whydachargers?
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Aug 2023
    • Send PM

Originally posted by dmac_bolt View Post

its not true that Staley is uncritical of the team, he just doesn’t talk about it to media - that is very normal, almost a standard, for coaches to keep things in-house. Very few coaches openly criticize their players or their coaches publicly, usually its looked at very poorly because it really is unprofessional.

I don’t agree with your takes either. You have unfortunate deep scars that combine with an active imagination to tie lots and lots of unrelated dots together in a web of your fabricated truth. I’m sorry you have troubles, I really wish you well.

Burnie Burns Conspiracy GIF by Rooster Teeth
    Interesting take on my imagination. Hopefully I can use my imagination to unravel that fabricated shit out! Although I'm guessing everyone probably has some fabrication in their truth muscle. Maybe leave just enough fabrication to keep the imagination muscle well lubed and operable.Too many unfriendly dots crashing into each other doesn't sound healthy though.You know, this is beginning to sound a lot like a car engine. I wish you liberation from your troubles as well. We all seem to have challenges in some way. I wish you the best!

Comment

• dmac_bolt
      Day Tripper
      • May 2019
      • North of the Lagoon
      • Send PM

Originally posted by Whydachargers? View Post

Interesting take on my imagination. Hopefully I can use my imagination to unravel that fabricated shit out! Although I'm guessing everyone probably has some fabrication in their truth muscle. Maybe leave just enough fabrication to keep the imagination muscle well lubed and operable.Too many unfriendly dots crashing into each other doesn't sound healthy though.You know, this is beginning to sound a lot like a car engine. I wish you liberation from your troubles as well. We all seem to have challenges in some way. I wish you the best!
      The struggle is real, good brother. nobody escapes unscathed.

There are predispositions that precede new information and evidence. Perfectly normal human behavior, shaped by prior experiences, opinions, emotions. I am, as you notice, a positive-oriented person. I am also a fixer, not a bitcher. I recognize guys that bitch and guys that fix from a mile away.

I believe my take is honest and fair that Staley's actions show he is aware and critical of all aspects of his organization's performance. Many past Charger coaches did not show this trait. You look to Staley's "coach speak" as honest public dialog - I can assure you as a long-time leader in my field that it is not. Our outward communication does not criticize, blame and complain, we deliver a positive message that our organization can and will improve and succeed. We are not blind to deficiencies but we understand human motivation is tied to human treatment in 2023 - old management methods are not accepted and do not work anymore. Modern Athletes do not respond to asshole dickhead coaches anymore - we have seen several of them quickly cycle thru the league in the last several years, fail miserably, and be fired. Maybe an Andy or Bill can get away with it after 30+ years NFL credentials but a new coach simply cannot in today's NFL.

Any new leader that wants to succeed has to know this - Staley does. No great leader openly bitches and complains about pieces of his organization in public or often even within his entire organization internally. It depresses moral, leaves everyone more worried about if they will be next than how to collectively be the best they can be. Complex organizations are people - and people do not put out more and give their all for a leader that demeans, diminishes, or blames them. They instead look to undercut and sabotage him, deflect blame to someone else, or do other non-constructive behaviors for self-preservation.

Examples:
      Urban Meyer
      Mike Patricia
      Hoodie v1.0
      John Gruden v3.0
      Brian Flores

Great Leaders analyze the problem, design an improvement, and then go about fixing it without public disclosure. They usually offer a positive spin for whoever was fired, cut, rejected, or disciplined, thank then for their contributions and say the team is moving in a different direction - and nothing more. Everyone knows why Joe, Bill, Buck got fired but they respect the coach that doesn't torch people personally in public.
      “Less is more? NO NO NO - MORE is MORE!”

Comment

• Whydachargers?
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Aug 2023
        • Send PM

There are predispositions that precede new information and evidence. Perfectly normal human behavior, shaped by prior experiences, opinions, emotions. I am, as you notice, a positive-oriented person. I am also a fixer, not a bitcher. I recognize guys that bitch and guys that fix from a mile away.

I believe my take is honest and fair that Staley's actions show he is aware and critical of all aspects of his organization's performance. Many past Charger coaches did not show this trait. You look to Staley's "coach speak" as honest public dialog - I can assure you as a long-time leader in my field that it is not. Our outward communication does not criticize, blame and complain, we deliver a positive message that our organization can and will improve and succeed. We are not blind to deficiencies but we understand human motivation is tied to human treatment in 2023 - old management methods are not accepted and do not work anymore. Modern Athletes do not respond to asshole dickhead coaches anymore - we have seen several of them quickly cycle thru the league in the last several years, fail miserably, and be fired. Maybe an Andy or Bill can get away with it after 30+ years NFL credentials but a new coach simply cannot in today's NFL.

Any new leader that wants to succeed has to know this - Staley does. No great leader openly bitches and complains about pieces of his organization in public or often even within his entire organization internally. It depresses moral, leaves everyone more worried about if they will be next than how to collectively be the best they can be. Complex organizations are people - and people do not put out more and give their all for a leader that demeans, diminishes, or blames them. They instead look to undercut and sabotage him, deflect blame to someone else, or do other non-constructive behaviors for self-preservation.

Examples:
        Urban Meyer
        Mike Patricia
        Hoodie v1.0
        John Gruden v3.0
        Brian Flores

Great Leaders analyze the problem, design an improvement, and then go about fixing it without public disclosure. They usually offer a positive spin for whoever was fired, cut, rejected, or disciplined, thank then for their contributions and say the team is moving in a different direction - and nothing more. Everyone knows why Joe, Bill, Buck got fired but they respect the coach that doesn't torch people personally in public.
        I still think a Head Coach can be very clear on what's acceptable and especially what isn't during a football game and not be overly aggressive. Young players especially, need structure.The taunting of the Jags fans by our players after the big lead was a form of Chargering IMO. Self-sabotage is another name for what those players did. Why would they choose to do that? Lack of discipline seems to be the clear answer. Not knowing what isn't acceptable behavior during a football game. Personally I would like to see Staley come out and tell the media that he screwed up in not teaching his players some basic discipline leading up to that Jags playoff game. I would be absolutely enamored with Staley if he confided that to the media (by extension to us). Because that's what a true leader does. Has he done that? Maybe I missed it. I miss a lot of shit so it's definitely possible.

Comment

• dmac_bolt
          Day Tripper
          • May 2019
          • North of the Lagoon
          • Send PM

Originally posted by Whydachargers? View Post

I still think a Head Coach can be very clear on what's acceptable and especially what isn't during a football game and not be overly aggressive. Young players especially, need structure.The taunting of the Jags fans by our players after the big lead was a form of Chargering IMO. Self-sabotage is another name for what those players did. Why would they choose to do that? Lack of discipline seems to be the clear answer. Not knowing what isn't acceptable behavior during a football game. Personally I would like to see Staley come out and tell the media that he screwed up in not teaching his players some basic discipline leading up to that Jags playoff game. I would be absolutely enamored with Staley if he confided that to the media (by extension to us). Because that's what a true leader does. Has he done that? Maybe I missed it. I miss a lot of shit so it's definitely possible.
          thats your opinion, yup.
          1. you're just guessing that this alleged taunting was so egregious that JAX players that didn't care before it, suddenly cared after it. Fanciful imagination imo to thnk NFL players don't care about and aren't motivated in a playoff game until they see some alleged taunting, if they even saw it.
          2. you're just guessing at what Staley said or did. Zero evidence to support your imagination. you just made up what your predisposition tells you to believe.

I'm not going to hire you as our communications director either. Coaches should not confide to media, you just don't get it. your recommendation is a horrible idea. If he said what you just proposed to the media, what the players would hear is:

=> "Staley just blamed me for the loss and said it was my fault because I got fired up about doing great early in the game"

All you have to do is look at how this crowd translated an innocuous Slayer comment that Phil was a leader to be a vicious criticism of Herbie to understand your idea is a bad one. There are dozens of other examples of how benign comments get twisted into chaos.

Again - Rule 1 & 2 = Fuck the Media, tell them nothing. Keep it in-house ALWAYS!

you guys need to stop listening to what coaches say and start watching what they do.

Comment

• sonorajim
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Jan 2019
            • Send PM

~~~

Most of us know that Staley is a sports data freak with an exceptionally good memory.who learns literally all the time and forgets close to nothing.
            He's not spilling all, rather chooses his words. Not my problem.
            Team W- L concerns me. So far, upwardly mobile. That's good. Let it continue.
            2023 is a "Prove It" year based on past non-Staley Chargers history. Staley's Chargers have won more games each year. We like winning.
            Many don't believe it can continue because Chargers "always Charger". Translate: snatch defeat from the jaws of victory.
            I ain't afeared. I like Staley's team choices a lot. Go Bolts!

Comment

• dmac_bolt
              Day Tripper
              • May 2019
              • North of the Lagoon
              • Send PM

Originally posted by sonorajim View Post

Most of us know that Staley is a sports data freak with an exceptionally good memory.who learns literally all the time and forgets close to nothing.
              He's not spilling all, rather chooses his words. Not my problem.
              Team W- L concerns me. So far, upwardly mobile. That's good. Let it continue.
              2023 is a "Prove It" year based on past non-Staley Chargers history. Staley's Chargers have won more games each year. We like winning.
              Many don't believe it can continue because Chargers "always Charger". Translate: snatch defeat from the jaws of victory.
              I ain't afeared. I like Staley's team choices a lot. Go Bolts!
              We get no guarantees regardless, agree. Staley has had to learn, i think i'm seeing a guy eager to learn and improve and I too like that he's addressing areas I see as a problem and I like what he's doing to them - but we haven't seen the result yet. others don't see he is trying to improve - i don't know why but thats ok - hence the difference in opinion.

Comment

• Lefty2SLO
                Moderate Skeptic
                • May 2022
                • Send PM

Examples:
                Urban Meyer
                Mike Patricia
                Hoodie v1.0
                John Gruden v3.0
                Brian Flores

JHC . . . . . . . . . How about we see if his guys can avoid stepping on their ****'s before we anoint him as a 'great leader', hmmm K?

Comment

• Fouts2herbert
                  Charger Fan since 1978
                  • Sep 2021
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by MagicMamba88 View Post

the biggest change happened between the Jag loss and the preseason, still a very dramatic transformation, he went from looking like a librarian to looking like one of whitey bulger's lieutenants in less than two years, let's hope he's learned enough to take this team where we all want it to go...the man wasn't ready to be a HC when he got hired but if it's true that he's going to let our DC call the defenses, then maybe he's finally accepting his proper role on the team as the HC...
                  "The author assumes no responsibility or liability for any errors or omissions in the content of this post. The information contained in this post is provided on an "as is" basis with no guarantees of completeness, accuracy, usefulness or timeliness..."​​

Comment

• dmac_bolt
                    Day Tripper
                    • May 2019
                    • North of the Lagoon
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by Lefty2SLO View Post

JHC . . . . . . . . . How about we see if his guys can avoid stepping on their ****'s before we anoint him as a 'great leader', hmmm K?
                    You misunderstood my post. I made a couple points. First I said he identifies problems and works to fix them. Evidence is everywhere. New coaches, new players, new offensive scheme, etc. Haters say he doesnt see any problems and doesn’t do anything about them. so I am right and they are wrong. It’s just fact - it’s truth.

Then I said he doesn’t talk about it to the press and he doesn’t tell the press that players or coaches fucked up, and that is also good. I expanded to note great leaders do not bitch about their organization in public, in fact this is one trait of great leadership. Both of those statements are true. YOU then connected the statements to assert I called him a great leader, hmmmm ok?

But I did not say “Staley is a Great Leader” in my post. you connected the wrong dots. My point was that great leaders do not do what the prior poster insisted Staley should do => blame players or other coaches in the press for a loss and in this case assert their excited demonstrations (he calls it taunting, idunno) was THE REASON that fueled JAX to win.

that was very bad advice, never mind oddly made up, and typical of how extreme Staley critics here tend to offer very bad solutions. Fortunately, you’re a calm measured person and would never do such a thing. Thank you.

But Staley does display many good modern leadership traits and he could be great. Some guys won’t know until long after it happens. But don’t fear - I’m here to let them know and I don’t rest .

To answer - Nope, we’re rolling out! If they can’t get onboard, I hope they get off the tracks before they get hurt. The Staley Express is on FIRE!

train GIF

Comment

• gzubeck
                      Ines Sainz = Jet Bait!
                      • Jan 2019
                      • Tucson, AZ
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by Fouts2herbert View Post

the biggest change happened between the Jag loss and the preseason, still a very dramatic transformation, he went from looking like a librarian to looking like one of whitey bulger's lieutenants in less than two years, let's hope he's learned enough to take this team where we all want it to go...the man wasn't ready to be a HC when he got hired but if it's true that he's going to let our DC call the defenses, then maybe he's finally accepting his proper role on the team as the HC...
                      This had me chuckling....
                      Chiefs won the Superbowl with 10 Rookies....

"Locked, Cocked, and ready to Rock!" Jim Harbaugh

Comment

• jamrock
                        lawyers, guns and money
                        • Sep 2017
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by Fouts2herbert View Post

It’s going to take some whitey bulger no remorse type energy to finally get us where we need to go. I like it

Comment

• NoMoreChillies
                          Outback Goon
                          • Sep 2018
                          • Australia
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by MagicMamba88 View Post

Before pic he looks like a coordinator
                          After pic he looks like a head coach

Comment

Working...
                          X