• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Fouts2herbert
    Charger Fan since 1978
    • Sep 2021
    • Send PM

Originally posted by CivilBolt View Post

I think that was mostly veteran Rivers bailing him out. I’m curious how many wins he racked up if Taylor was the QB.
    So Staley's been held back by Herbert at QB?
    "The author assumes no responsibility or liability for any errors or omissions in the content of this post. The information contained in this post is provided on an "as is" basis with no guarantees of completeness, accuracy, usefulness or timeliness..."​​

Comment

• CivilBolt
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Nov 2019
      • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltgang74 View Post

And Staley has Herbert,jus sayin.
      The difference is Herbert was new to the league and still learning. Rivers have seen it all and can audible in and out of plays.

Comment

• CivilBolt
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Nov 2019
        • Send PM

Originally posted by Fouts2herbert View Post

I didn’t say that but I think Lynn’s other wins were the result of Rivers being a good veteran QB.

Comment

• BayAreaBoltz
          Chargers Hall of Fame
          • Sep 2019
          • Send PM

Originally posted by sonorajim View Post
          From all I've seen and heard, the 2023 Chargers are on fire to kick some NFL ass.
          Are they normally not on fire to kick some NFL ass? Last season they didn't want to kick ass? Hmm... good to know.

Comment

• gzubeck
            Ines Sainz = Jet Bait!
            • Jan 2019
            • Tucson, AZ
            • Send PM

I didn’t say that but I think Lynn’s other wins were the result of Rivers being a good veteran QB.
            Rivers sat on the bench for 2 years and then had LT as support for what another 3 years (Not sure about the actual time). Rivers had plenty of time to season up before he took the reigns. What Herbert has done on his own puts him already in an elite Charger QB history.
            Chiefs won the Superbowl with 10 Rookies....

"Locked, Cocked, and ready to Rock!" Jim Harbaugh

Comment

• CivilBolt
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Nov 2019
              • Send PM

Originally posted by gzubeck View Post

Rivers sat on the bench for 2 years and then had LT as support for what another 3 years (Not sure about the actual time). Rivers had plenty of time to season up before he took the reigns. What Herbert has done on his own puts him already in an elite Charger QB history.
              I agree with that 100% but Herbert was still new and made some rookie mistakes. However, when Lynn took over Rivers had decades of experience under his belt and required minimal input from the HC. Remember that time when Lynn was being hardheaded and wanted to run the ball first on early downs and I think we lost 4 games. We started winning once we let Rivers take over and started passing more.

Comment

• dmac_bolt
                Day Tripper
                • May 2019
                • North of the Lagoon
                • Send PM

10-7 is held back with a QB playing the entire year with cracked ribs, ending the season with an added torn labrum, and his team missing his #1 Edge, #1 CB, #1 IDL, #1 OT, #1 WR, #2 WR, #2 CB, #2 IDL, etc. etc.?

you and Caslon are tough graders, remind me to transfer out of your classes before schedules are locked.
                “Less is more? NO NO NO - MORE is MORE!”

Comment

• sonorajim
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Jan 2019
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by BayAreaBoltz View Post

Are they normally not on fire to kick some NFL ass? Last season they didn't want to kick ass? Hmm... good to know.
                  You didn't hear that from me.
                  Last season many had just met their teammates and had not struggled through an injury riddled previous season together and experienced a humiliating team failure in the playoffs.
                  If you think that this was just another offseason for the players, whatever.

Comment

• Fouts2herbert
                    Charger Fan since 1978
                    • Sep 2021
                    • Send PM

what ARE you saying? that you have a double standard for one coach over another? hmmm....I wonder why that is? you say that Lynn was trash but when told he had a better record than Staley you are saying it was only because of his QB and not his coaching? almost like Staley has had a fucking scrub at QB, LOL...not to mention all the other bullshit that Lynn had to deal with that was already settled by the time that Staley took over, interesting, I wonder how Staley would have done with all that upheaval of the move and everything else...get a grip on your personal biases and give the man his due credit...
                    "The author assumes no responsibility or liability for any errors or omissions in the content of this post. The information contained in this post is provided on an "as is" basis with no guarantees of completeness, accuracy, usefulness or timeliness..."​​

Comment

• gzubeck
                      Ines Sainz = Jet Bait!
                      • Jan 2019
                      • Tucson, AZ
                      • Send PM

what ARE you saying? that you have a double standard for one coach over another? hmmm....I wonder why that is? you say that Lynn was trash but when told he had a better record than Staley you are saying it was only because of his QB and not his coaching? almost like Staley has had a fucking scrub at QB, LOL...not to mention all the other bullshit that Lynn had to deal with that was already settled by the time that Staley took over, interesting, I wonder how Staley would have done with all that upheaval of the move and everything else...get a grip on your personal biases and give the man his due credit...
                      I would go one further...Lynn actually had a pretty good coaching staff plus Rivers until he sent him packing...Staley had a lot of problems with his assistant coaching staff and they added close to nothing to the team. I would say the best difference maker is the assistant coaches. I still think Staley has more upside than Lynn and if for some strange reason the Chargers let him go another team will have a seasoned head coach to put on the grill.

Comment

• Fouts2herbert
                        Charger Fan since 1978
                        • Sep 2021
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by gzubeck View Post

I would go one further...Lynn actually had a pretty good coaching staff plus Rivers until he sent him packing...Staley had a lot of problems with his assistant coaching staff and they added close to nothing to the team. I would say the best difference maker is the assistant coaches. I still think Staley has more upside than Lynn and if for some strange reason the Chargers let him go another team will have a seasoned head coach to put on the grill.

I don't like either one of them at all, but to just cherry pick the things you like over one or the other just because is problematic for me...

Comment

• gzubeck
                          Ines Sainz = Jet Bait!
                          • Jan 2019
                          • Tucson, AZ
                          • Send PM

I don't like either one of them at all, but to just cherry pick the things you like over one or the other just because is problematic for me...
                          Staley's learning curve was steep...Lynn still hasn't learned anything other than he's not qualified to be a head coach in the NFL.

Comment

Working...
                          X