• Show
Clear All
  • richpjr
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Jun 2013
    • Nashville
    • Send PM

Originally posted by wu-dai clan View Post

Herbert is having a processing issue with the civerages he is seeing. I expect big plays soon. Also, it must be added that MW was part of the problem, lining up wrong
    Williams also said he never even ran a route after lining up wrong and just stood there. Ugly play all around.

Comment

• richpjr
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Jun 2013
      • Nashville
      • Send PM

Comment

• wu-dai clan
        Smooth Operation
        • May 2017
        • Send PM

I do not want this guy at all. The info is sketchy besides.
        We do not play modern football.

Comment

• AFboltfan
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Nov 2018
          • Balboa Park bench
          • Medical Simulation
          • Send PM

I'm on the fence about Harbaugh, he is the total opposite of Staley as far as coaching style. Could be good, could be bad... He wore out his welcome kinda fast in San Fran.

I'd still take him over Staley at this point though.

Comment

• DerwinBosa
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Feb 2022
            • Send PM

Originally posted by AFboltfan View Post

I'm on the fence about Harbaugh, he is the total opposite of Staley as far as coaching style. Could be good, could be bad... He wore out his welcome kinda fast in San Fran.

A lot of people have jumped to conclusions on that one, but I choose to wonder why the 49ers didn't do everything they could to keep Harbaugh after he took them to three NFC Championship Games and a Super Bowl appearance in four years with Alex Smith and Colin Kaepernick as his quarterbacks. I'm sure they regretted it with Jim Tomsula and Chip Kelly as their head coaches the following two seasons.

Comment

• wu-dai clan
              Smooth Operation
              • May 2017
              • Send PM

Originally posted by AFboltfan View Post

You hit on my area of concern. There is familiarity with Jim Harbaugh as an NFL HC. Jim is no Shotty.

Comment

• AFboltfan
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Nov 2018
                • Balboa Park bench
                • Medical Simulation
                • Send PM

Originally posted by DerwinBosa View Post

A lot of people have jumped to conclusions on that one, but I choose to wonder why the 49ers didn't do everything they could to keep Harbaugh after he took them to three NFC Championship Games and a Super Bowl appearance in four years with Alex Smith and Colin Kaepernick as his quarterbacks. I'm sure they regretted it with Jim Tomsula and Chip Kelly as their head coaches the following two seasons.
                Yup, I think his record speaks for itself and I'm also sure the GM and the 9'er organization had a part to play in the drama of his exit. 2 sides to every story right?

Comment

• AFboltfan
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Nov 2018
                  • Balboa Park bench
                  • Medical Simulation
                  • Send PM

You hit on my area of concern. There is familiarity with Jim Harbaugh as an NFL HC. Jim is no Shotty.
                  Technically Jim has a better playoff record than Schotty.

Comment

• DerwinBosa
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Feb 2022
                    • Send PM

What exactly is your concern? I'm just curious, not being a wise-ass. You're concerned that Harbaugh didn't get along with Trent Baalke, who ended up getting fired after hiring Jim Tomsula and Chip Kelly?

Comment

• Eurobolt
                      *** Jim Harbaugh ***
                      • Sep 2018
                      • Send PM

Be positive here.

Comment

• wu-dai clan
                        Smooth Operation
                        • May 2017
                        • Send PM

I know some TPBers are itching for Harbaugh as that "hard nosed coach."

There are plenty of negative factors apparent here in the Bay Area.

It is common knowledge that Harbaugh has a short shelf life. Let me add that there are serious deficiencies in the people skills required at the NFL level. Dig deep and you see ugly.

Like the source Marchese, I am here in 49er country and would not expect others to be fully aware. He is in the business of creating buzz. Like the rest of you, I
                        have an opinion as a Charger fan

What makes me dubious about the rumor that Spanos is talking to Harbaugh is that it is completely against their style, and is also something that would be top secret.

If Spanos is finally paying up, I would look to NFL assistants.
                        Last edited by wu-dai clan; 09-18-2023, 07:15 AM.

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Dec 2019
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by DerwinBosa View Post

What exactly is your concern? I'm just curious, not being a wise-ass. You're concerned that Harbaugh didn't get along with Trent Baalke, who ended up getting fired after hiring Jim Tomsula and Chip Kelly?
                          I could give a rats ass if Harbaugh wears out his welcome in 4-5 years

Does he bust it and win a bunch of games in those 4-5 years.

thats all that matters. Granted, I still think I like the idea of Dan Quinn - but again, if John Boy and Telesco are there, what does it matter.

The SPanii need to let somebody take control like Butler did and hiring Marty - thats the way. And John Boy is not giving up his toy that he can flaunt to his friends from La Jolla Country Day who kicked in the nuts on the playground that "he runs a football team" - - John Boy isn't giving that up

Comment

Working...
                          X