• Show
Clear All
  • Boltjolt
    Dont let the PBs fool ya
    • Jun 2013
    • Henderson, NV
    • Send PM

Originally posted by BigBad View Post
    The Chargers have beat Kirk Cousins and three backup QBs.

Staley and company need to win the next 3 against the Lions, Packers, and yes the Ravens for me to actually believe in them.
    Well i consider Love a backup QB too.
    Still had to beat a couple of good defenses.
    Miami is getting plenty of accolades and they haven't beat a winning record team yet.

I'm still not over the moon confident yet as the offense sputters but the defense is looking better since JC was shipped off.
    Last edited by Boltjolt; 11-07-2023, 10:13 PM.

Comment

• DerwinBosa
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Feb 2022
      • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltdiehard View Post

That’s about where I’m at and my buddy and I said the same thing after the Jets game. We do tend to give the Ravens problems and it’s always a good game. If we get to Goff even half as much as we did Wilson we might be in business against the Lions.

We’ll see and some consistency would be nice coach Staley.

Id even settle for two out of the next three.
      Since Herbert became the starting quarterback and Staley became the head coach we've played the Ravens once--and lost 34-6.

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Dec 2019
        • Send PM

Originally posted by Maniaque 6 View Post

Next 3
        vs DET 6-2
        at GB 3-5
        vs BAL 7-2

Difficult but doable.

Next 3
        at NE 2-7
        vs DEN 3-5
        at LV 4-5

I see the Chargers at 9-5 or 8-6 before BUF come to town.
        Agreed
        Chargers need to be 6-5, at worst, after the Baltimore game. Chargers have 9 games, they need to win 6 of those. Sunday is not a must win like the Jets game - but if they lose Sunday, all of the Sunday that Packers game becomes must win and so does the Ravens

They put themselves in the hole - either win some games or there will be changes

Comment

• NOrvMeNow
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Sep 2023
          • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt4Knob View Post

Agreed
          Chargers need to be 6-5, at worst, after the Baltimore game. Chargers have 9 games, they need to win 6 of those. Sunday is not a must win like the Jets game - but if they lose Sunday, all of the Sunday that Packers game becomes must win and so does the Ravens

They put themselves in the hole - either win some games or there will be changes
          ​Next 3
          vs DET 6-2
          at GB 3-5
          vs BAL 7-2​

If they lose 2 out of the next 3: Detroit / Baltimore at home, the old issue of not being able to beat good teams smacks this forum in the face.

Then, winning this next 3

Next 3
          at NE 2-7
          vs DEN 3-5
          at LV 4-5​

will place some into dreamworld, and the sceptics, doubters, quitters will not budge.

But this is Staley world and quite possible.

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Dec 2019
            • Send PM

Originally posted by NOrvMeNow View Post

​Next 3
            vs DET 6-2
            at GB 3-5
            vs BAL 7-2​

If they lose 2 out of the next 3: Detroit / Baltimore at home, the old issue of not being able to beat good teams smacks this forum in the face.

Then, winning this next 3

Next 3
            at NE 2-7
            vs DEN 3-5
            at LV 4-5​

will place some into dreamworld, and the sceptics, doubters, quitters will not budge.

But this is Staley world and quite possible.
            So if they go 1-2 the nex three weeks, that puts them at 5-6 plus another AFC loss - since you are probably giving them the Packers game

5-6, against those three, they probably don't sweep them. Chargers need to beat the Lions, Packers, Patriots and Broncos - that would be 8-6 if they lose to Raiders and Ravens. 9-8 isn't going to cut it
            At some point , need to stack wins

Comment

• richpjr
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Jun 2013
              • Nashville
              • Send PM

A blurb from ESPN on who the possible HC candidates could be next year:

And the Chargers' Kellen Moore is always on teams' interview lists. He could be the front-runner to take over if the Chargers move out Brandon Staley, and Moore surely could get interviews elsewhere regardless what happens in L.A.

Comment

• richpjr
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Jun 2013
                • Nashville
                • Send PM

At some point , need to stack wins
                Agree - time to s*** or get off the pot Staley. Prove you have what it takes or let's move on.

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Dec 2019
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by richpjr View Post
                  A blurb from ESPN on who the possible HC candidates could be next year:
                  If this season ends without success -I think moving on from every coach on this staff, save one and the front office would be the way. The only coach I even think about keeping would be Ficken

But hopefully this two game winning streak is a harbinger (precursor?) of continued success and they win Sunday. Get over .500 already

Comment

• colorado
                    Fan since '62
                    • Jun 2023
                    • Desert Rat
                    • Nothing but time on my hands
                    • Send PM

If this season ends without success -I think moving on from every coach on this staff, save one and the front office would be the way. The only coach I even think about keeping would be Ficken

But hopefully this two game winning streak is a harbinger (precursor?) of continued success and they win Sunday. Get over .500 already
                    I believe the two game win streak is a preview of what this Dline is capable of doing. You got to admit, watching it, the Defense was having fun. Now if Moore can get a 60 minute game plan for the offense, even at 4-4, sky's the limit.

The D keeps playing like they are, we are in every game from here on out.. we've had our down time, now it's time to have some up time.. Monday was a good team win.

Comment

• Maniaque 6
                      French Speaking Charger Fan
                      • Jan 2019
                      • Québec city
                      • Send PM

On Monday night, the Staley's defense looked like what he had with the Rams.

Comment

• Boltgang74
                        We Are The Storm!
                        • Aug 2018
                        • Send PM

Get goosebumps thinkin bout it.Moore gotta kick his game plan into gear.Time to hit the pedal to the metal already.

Comment

• captaind
                          Cook This Pork Chops
                          • Jun 2013
                          • Mars
                          • Ball Holder
                          • Send PM

The Jets' offense is so incredibly shitty, they made the Chargers defense look like the Rams' from a few years ago.

Perspective: It's what's for dinner.

Comment

Working...
                          X