• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Lefty2SLO
    Moderate Skeptic
    • May 2022
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Riverwalk View Post
    Pretty good - but still needs the campfire for the sing along . . . . . .

Comment

• Lefty2SLO
      Moderate Skeptic
      • May 2022
      • Send PM

Originally posted by Velo View Post

What if the Chargers win the Super Bowl with Staley in February? Do they tell Harbaugh "nevermind?"
      No . . . . . . . . . we'll use them both - dual head coaches . . . . . . . . . . .cause we'll be in fantasy land and anything works there . . . .

Comment

• Lefty2SLO
        Moderate Skeptic
        • May 2022
        • Send PM

Originally posted by NOrvMeNow View Post

What if a cataclysmic meteor strikes the Earth in December?
        Then we'll all be out of our misery???

Comment

• NOrvMeNow
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Sep 2023
          • Send PM

Originally posted by Lefty2SLO View Post

Then we'll all be out of our misery???
          No, not even the end of our world will unloosen the iron grip of the Spanos on this franchise.

We'll just watch terrible football in hell.

Comment

• Boltgang74
            We Are The Storm!
            • Aug 2018
            • Send PM

No, not even the end of our world will unloosen the iron grip of the Spanos on this franchise.

Roaches and Spanos,the only survivors.

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Dec 2019
              • Send PM

Staley is a terrible head coach but it starts with the Spanii - allowing JOhn Boy to make personnel decisions

the record speaks for itself - the Spanii are terrible owners

Comment

• richpjr
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Jun 2013
                • Nashville
                • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt4Knob View Post

Staley is a terrible head coach but it starts with the Spanii - allowing JOhn Boy to make personnel decisions

the record speaks for itself - the Spanii are terrible owners
                The Spanii are terrible owners, but I keep seeing this John Spanos is making personnel decisions without the tiniest bit of evidence he is overruling Telesco everywhere. The only thing I have ever heard from him is when he scouted a few players - when he was actually a scout. If he is the one calling the shots on who to draft (highly doubt this) then why fire Telesco as people are calling for?

Comment

• Velo
                  Ride!
                  • Aug 2019
                  • Everywhere
                  • Leave the gun, take the cannolis
                  • Send PM

What if a cataclysmic meteor strikes the Earth in December?
                  We would already know it was coming and could predict the exact moment it is going to strike. The NFL is not predictable.

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Dec 2019
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by richpjr View Post

The Spanii are terrible owners, but I keep seeing this John Spanos is making personnel decisions without the tiniest bit of evidence he is overruling Telesco everywhere. The only thing I have ever heard from him is when he scouted a few players - when he was actually a scout. If he is the one calling the shots on who to draft (highly doubt this) then why fire Telesco as people are calling for?
                    Thats a fair point but even if John Boy is calling the shots - Telesco is in the room. So somebody needs to be the fall guy
                    And it should be Telesco
                    He is a bottom Tier GM and pushing all that cap - will backfire for the next GM
                    and it is why I was so adamant about not pushing cap this past Spring - I didn't trust Telesco to make the right moves and was willing to take a lateral year this year as this bad year could really waste more of Herberts years

Herbert is a very good QB. But he needs a little help and Monday showed - if he is not pretty much damn near perfect -nobody else is going to make a damn play

Comment

• richpjr
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Jun 2013
                      • Nashville
                      • Send PM

Thats a fair point but even if John Boy is calling the shots - Telesco is in the room. So somebody needs to be the fall guy
                      And it should be Telesco
                      and it is why I was so adamant about not pushing cap this past Spring - I didn't trust Telesco to make the right moves and was willing to take a lateral year this year as this bad year could really waste more of Herberts years

Herbert is a very good QB. But he needs a little help and Monday showed - if he is not pretty much damn near perfect -nobody else is going to make a damn play
                      I think no playoff wins this year, and that is looking like it will be harder and harder to achieve, and both should (and will) be gone.

Comment

• Riverwalk
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Nov 2021
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by richpjr View Post

Telesco reports to John boy so whether or not Johnny is making player decisions it doesn’t matter. All Telesco’s decisions are ultimately John’s decisions.

But what leads me to believe little Johnny is directly involved is because he was head,of scouting before his current position so that easily swelled his head with thinking he knows talent when he sees it.

Dean and Alex had no such experience and left all personnel decisions to their GM’s. Butler was the best by a mile.

Comment

• Riverwalk
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Nov 2021
                          • Send PM

And it should be Telesco

In terms of Herbert’s future hit on the cap it made sense to go all in this year. I don’t recall any analyst who didn’t think that was appropriate.

Comment

Working...
                          X