• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • C'monchargers
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Feb 2019
    • Send PM

From a different angle and just for conversation sake, Brandon Staley and this dumpster fire is just "Good TV" right now. What is more intriguing in the NFL than Brandon Staley and if he is gone or not. And who might be his replacement be if he isn't here anymore.

Also as some had mentioned Belichick had low key signed a contract extention before the year that is very lucrative and very short; rumor was 23 and 24 seasons only. So there would be a break up fee somehwere in there, most likely will cost draft picks which in this years draft is not a very good option. Imo this year's draft is pretty stack with talent at a certain high priority positions, but maybe not some much DL though.

That said Jim Harbaugh might have a buy-out clause in his contract but that would only evolve money, draft pick is not in the realm of possibility. Therefore, if you have to pay a break up fee anyways, the one without draft pick compensations just become a much more logical option.

Comment

• C'monchargers
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Feb 2019
      • Send PM

By the way, in the case of if BB is the person that runs the team next season; would love to have some Ernie Adams magic on it. For those who are not familiar definitely google this man..

Comment

• jamrock
        lawyers, guns and money
        • Sep 2017
        • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post

There may be. Dean and John Boy may have discussed Telesco as well,
        and they may have made up their minds on a decision but there won't be any action on it during the season.
        When has there ever been?

There has been OCs fired during a season or a DC but not a HC. At least that I recall.
        Last time was 1998 with Gilbride I think.

if I was Staley, I’d replace a bunch of the starters and see if the younger guys are hungrier and want to play harder. I’d replace Kendricks with Henley and ASJ with Leonard. Let Tito and Matlock play on the line. Get JT Woods some time. Sit Derwin the defense was better without him last year. Bosa took himself out again so no move there.

id like to see Spiller and Dotson get a chance. We’re the worst runningcream in the league so it couldn’t get worse. QJ sits. See if Fehoko and Erickson can play.

Comment

• Boltjolt
          Dont let the PBs fool ya
          • Jun 2013
          • Henderson, NV
          • Send PM

Originally posted by jamrock View Post

if I was Staley, I’d replace a bunch of the starters and see if the younger guys are hungrier and want to play harder. I’d replace Kendricks with Henley and ASJ with Leonard. Let Tito and Matlock play on the line. Get JT Woods some time. Sit Derwin the defense was better without him last year. Bosa took himself out again so no move there.

id like to see Spiller and Dotson get a chance. We’re the worst runningcream in the league so it couldn’t get worse. QJ sits. See if Fehoko and Erickson can play.
          Agree. Change up the secondary. Woods needs to play.
          Is he hurt or just not good enough? Seems another bad pick since they don't play him at all.

Yep, make these moves. But they probably wait till we lose 1 or 2 more games.

Comment

• Wrbanwal
            FUdean
            • Dec 2022
            • Send PM

Sitting those players would be admitting to failure. They paid a lot of money for that defense.

Comment

• C'monchargers
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Feb 2019
              • Send PM

Former No. 2 overall pick Ryan Leaf joins the Dan Patrick Show and shares about the type of competitor and teammate Jim Harbaugh was when they competed again...

Its a fun watch, from De Ryan Leaf on Jim Harbaugh and how it was to compete against each other. You want a competitor without the toxic stuff that comes with competing sometimes. That's a good little insight there on how Harbaugh handle his competition with Ryan Leaf and the after math.

Comment

• jamrock
                lawyers, guns and money
                • Sep 2017
                • Send PM

Originally posted by Wrbanwal View Post

Sitting those players would be admitting to failure. They paid a lot of money for that defense.
                Staley must know by now, unless he’s more delusional than I think, that unless there’s a dramatic reversal he’s done and he’ll likely not be a HC again for many years if ever. His coaching life is on the line. If I was him I’d pull out all the stops.

Comment

• Wrbanwal
                  FUdean
                  • Dec 2022
                  • Send PM

Staley must know by now, unless he’s more delusional than I think, that unless there’s a dramatic reversal he’s done and he’ll likely not be a HC again for many years if ever. His coaching life is on the line. If I was him I’d pull out all the stops.
                  I’m not sure Staley could even if he wanted to. It would be an indictment on Tom and FUdean Jr.

Comment

• jamrock
                    lawyers, guns and money
                    • Sep 2017
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by Wrbanwal View Post

I’m not sure Staley could even if he wanted to. It would be an indictment on Tom and FUdean Jr.
                    It’s life or death for Staley now. In a professional sense

Comment

• Boltinloudguy
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Nov 2021
                      • Send PM

2 things that scream out to me.

1- I’ve said this before, if Staley was just the DC, he would have been fired.

2- If Staley were an offensive minded HC and the offense was as bad as the defense is, I absolutely believe that he would have been fired.

So Spanos, what is the deal with keeping Staley around? If you still believe and hope you have a chance with this roster, right now is the time to see if Moore is your HC of the future.

Comment

• Heatmiser
                        BetterToday ThanYesterday
                        • Jun 2013
                        • Send PM

Staley saying now there will be a lot of competition in the secondary this week. Again it is the players not him. So changing out someone who plays in the system and is lost and confused with someone who is new to the system and is lost and confused is just pure coaching magic. Oh the leadership!
                        Like, how am I a traitor? Your team are traitors.

Comment

• Boltjolt
                          Dont let the PBs fool ya
                          • Jun 2013
                          • Henderson, NV
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by Heatmiser View Post
                          Staley saying now there will be a lot of competition in the secondary this week. Again it is the players not him. So changing out someone who plays in the system and is lost and confused with someone who is new to the system and is lost and confused is just pure coaching magic. Oh the leadership!
                          Yes and no. Is it Staley's fault ASJ Made a stupid play on 3rd and 20? ASJ hasn't been very consistent. He or Davis hasn't been consistent.

Maybe Leonard can be better? Can't hurt. Maybe he moves Alohi to SS/Star/LB, and Woods to FS?

I doubt he moves Derwin but I don't mind sending a message....even to Derwin. Play better!

Comment

Working...
                          X