• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Xenos
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Feb 2019
    • Send PM

Originally posted by richpjr View Post

He won't ever get a sniff at a HC job again. He won't get a sniff at a DC job for a long, long time, if ever. His ceiling is position coach.
    I think he would get a DC job again actually. Lynn somehow got an OC job after he was let go.

Comment

• Xenos
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Feb 2019
      • Send PM

Originally posted by BigBad View Post
      Halfway through the season and we are BEHIND THE RAIDERS in the division. That to me is plenty enough to fire the guy.
      It’s because they didn’t get their bye yet.

Comment

• La Costa Boy
        Pretty much retired......
        • Sep 2018
        • JoJa
        • Bloviator of hot air and rhetoric.
        • Send PM

Originally posted by richpjr View Post
        Don't agree with Cowherd a lot, but he is spot on - what is Spanos waiting for???

That was as good of a commentary as I have seen. I loved it.....we gave you seven.....whoosh......we gave you seven......shooommmm........

Comment

• Xenos
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Feb 2019
          • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt4Knob View Post

That too and a new HC would be stupid to not want to keep Ficken as ST coach

Reading that from Allbright actually was a positive. I get that Quinn blew the lead in the Super Bowl - but he had some pretty good years there... and one would think, a second time as HC, he would know things this time around an improve.
          The ideal HC would improve the defense for our team while keeping Ficken as ST coach and possibly Moore as OC. I also would like him to keep a lot of Staley’s more forward thinking approaches like the 4th down moves, sports science and injury prevention, etc.

Comment

• BigBad
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Sep 2019
            • Send PM

Originally posted by Xenos View Post

It’s because they didn’t get their bye yet.
            Ok so at some point we might be tied with the garbage Raiders....LOL...Staley sucks...we've all seen enough

Comment

• Heatmiser
              BetterToday ThanYesterday
              • Jun 2013
              • Send PM

All the hot name offensive guys are first timers unfortunately. Only veteran HC available are in the defensive field are guys like Quinn and Flores. And as intriguing as Flores is, I don’t want the Patriot Way anywhere near this team.
              I like Flores (he reminds me of Tomlin, even looks like him) and he is not like the typical Patriots guy. But he is embarrassing the NFL leadership so no way the Bolts would ever hire him. I forgot how good Quinn was his first three years with Falcons and that he took them to the Superbowl and would have won if not for Brady. His last two years were regrettable there.

TG
              Like, how am I a traitor? Your team are traitors.

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Dec 2019
                • Send PM

All the hot name offensive guys are first timers unfortunately. Only veteran HC available are in the defensive field are guys like Quinn and Flores. And as intriguing as Flores is, I don’t want the Patriot Way anywhere near this team.
                I don't need the hot coordinator

teacher
                can put together a good staff
                game plan for each team and if the plan isn't working, make adjustments
                communicator
                mentor

Comment

• Xenos
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Feb 2019
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by Heatmiser View Post

I like Flores (he reminds me of Tomlin, even looks like him) and he is not like the typical Patriots guy. I forgot how good Quinn was his first three years with Falcons and that he took them to the Superbowl and would have won if not for Brady. His last two years were regrettable there.

TG
                  Flores mishandled the OC situation in Miami and he did treat the players in The Patriots Way manner, which rubbed some of them the wrong way. It’s why they had issues making the playoffs his last two seasons with them. I also just don’t trust any guys who coached under Belichick.

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Dec 2019
                    • Send PM

I like Flores (he reminds me of Tomlin, even looks like him) and he is not like the typical Patriots guy. I forgot how good Quinn was his first three years with Falcons and that he took them to the Superbowl and would have won if not for Brady. His last two years were regrettable there.

TG
                    Agree about Quinn especially if he would keep Moore as his OC.

And again, the premise is based on the history of the Chargers. Look at the Eagles - Andy Reid to Pederson to Siriani - they can get first time HC to succeed because of the organization
                    The chargers historically can't. The data shows it

Comment

• jamrock
                      lawyers, guns and money
                      • Sep 2017
                      • Send PM

Colin cowherd who’s not a “fire the coach guy” says Staley must be fired. Now

Comment

• Heatmiser
                        BetterToday ThanYesterday
                        • Jun 2013
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt4Knob View Post

Agree about Quinn especially if he would keep Moore as his OC.

And again, the premise is based on the history of the Chargers. Look at the Eagles - Andy Reid to Pederson to Siriani - they can get first time HC to succeed because of the organization
                        The chargers historically can't. The data shows it
                        You are on to something... historically the Chargers most successful head coaches were all experienced re-tread types: Coryell, Shottenheimer, gag, Norv. The list of crash and burn first time guys is long (except for Boss Ross who was a college HC but never an NFL one prior to Chargers)....Al Saunders, Dan Henning, Kevin Gilbride, June Jones, Mike Riley, Mike McCoy, Anthony Lynn, Brandon Staley,
                        Like, how am I a traitor? Your team are traitors.

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Dec 2019
                          • Send PM

You are on to something... historically the Chargers most successful head coaches were all experienced re-tread types: Coryell, Shottenheimer, gag, Norv. The list of crash and burn first time guys is long (except for Boss Ross who was a college HC but never an NFL one prior to Chargers)....Al Saunders, Dan Henning, Kevin Gilbride, June Jones, Mike Riley, Mike McCoy, Anthony Lynn, Brandon Staley,
                          I looked it up - under SPanos (Dean or Alex) in the post Coryell period:

First time head coaches: 21 games under .500 after Staleys loss yesterday

Marty, Norv, Boss Ross, Riley and Henning - 6 games over .500
                          but if you remove Riley who was a first time NFL head coach ( I think he coached at Oregon State and maybe the CFL ) - plus Dan Henning - those two were 36 games under .500
                          So Norv, Marty and Ross were a combined 42 games over .500

So this isn't just some anectdotal talking point - the data shows it. Experience matters.

Comment

Working...
                          X