• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Critty
    Dominate the Day.
    • Mar 2019
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Formula 21 View Post
    This team OOOOOZES talent. Starting at QB. Except for ownership and management, this is a great coaching opportunity.
    More talent (healthy talent) than.....49ers, Eagles, Ravens, Dolphins, Jaguars, Browns, Lions, Chiefs, Cowboys, Bengals, etc...​​​​​
    Who has it better than us?

Comment

• Boltnut
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Feb 2019
      • Send PM

Originally posted by BayAreaBoltz View Post
      Laughing along with this guy at Staley's stupidity at managing timeouts yesterday:
      If Staley had 3 time outs left... then yes, you call a time out. But with only two time outs, you keep one for defense and one for offense when/if you get the ball back. What your guy fails to account for in his scenarios is an incomplete pass... which stops the clock. IMO, that's what Staley was counting on. The 3rd and 14 play and the 4th and 2 play is what sank the Chargers... not the use of time outs.

Comment

• BayAreaBoltz
        Chargers Hall of Fame
        • Sep 2019
        • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltnut View Post

If Staley had 3 time outs left... then yes, you call a time out. But with only two time outs, you keep one for defense and one for offense when/if you get the ball back. What your guy fails to account for in his scenarios is an incomplete pass... which stops the clock. IMO, that's what Staley was counting on. The 3rd and 14 play and the 4th and 2 play is what sank the Chargers... not the use of time outs.
        It seems like a possible incomplete pass only bolsters his case. While the bad defense is, of course, the worse sin, I think letting 40 seconds tick off (or whatever it was before the 2-minute warning) was absolutely ridiculous.

Comment

• NOrvMeNow
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Sep 2023
          • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltnut View Post

Staley's instincts are generally wrong. They buck the traditional .... make them run one extra play before the two minute warning.

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Dec 2019
            • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltdiehard View Post

I would take that evil bastard in a hot second.
            I read an article about his current coaching staff - two sons, a bunch of people he seems comfortable with

O'Brien isn't doing anything with Mac Jones

Joe Judge is terrible

If Hoodie would come and leave the sons and some other coaches behind - maybe
            The Chargers don't want to "sign Johnny Unitas" to play QB - and that is kind of how I feel about Belichick

Now Harbaugh, sign me up in a nanosecond

Comment

• dmac_bolt
              Day Tripper
              • May 2019
              • North of the Lagoon
              • Send PM

Originally posted by Critty View Post
              2020 Team was 26.6pts allowed.

2021 27.0
              2022 22.6
              2023 23.9 (It was 21.8 before Lions game)

They need to eliminate a drive per game.
              Make the opponent punt or force a turnover.

People are ready to reset the whole program. I am not.

Special Teams is so much better.

If the Moore offense arrived vs Lions, that is going to be very good.

Defense needs to do it's part. But I think it's trending the right direction (Pts allowed going down) even if it looked awful last week and has never been consistently great.
              To me it's 1 opponent drive per game on avg.
              Make the opponent punt/turnover.
              Then it will be 19pts allowed per game.
              And now it's a top 10 in points allowed unit.
              ​​​​​​
              Brandon has to get that out of his unit. Consistently.
              He knows it. I'm rooting for him and the players on defense to figure that out. And when they do everyone will over react to that. And all it will be is playing a little better on 1 or 2 downs to eliminate 1 drive per game into a punt/turnover.

Until he pushes the right buttons to get them into top 10, the talk will continue. And the seat will heat up.
              Lots of examples of how he’s gotten less than he should have from the team but the picture of the LBs and DBs 5+ yards off the LOS on the final 4th and 2 is the last one I need. Thats the final spike in the coffin for me. I’m done. I was beyond patient, i was beyond supportive, I gave every opportunity to grow even a little.

But just one more stop, one last play, and he gives the ball back to Herbie with a chance to win even after and epically bad job of defensive planning and coaching … and he lined his coverage up 5 to 7 yards off the LOS on 4th and 2.

Done.
              “Less is more? NO NO NO - MORE is MORE!”

Comment

• Velo
                Ride!
                • Aug 2019
                • Everywhere
                • Leave the gun, take the cannolis
                • Send PM

Belichick
                Kellen Moore
                Harblah
                Lions DC Ben Johnson

The Chargers should be sick of losing under Brandon Staley. Here are four replacements who should be on their radar.

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Dec 2019
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by Velo View Post
                  Belichick
                  Kellen Moore
                  Harblah
                  Lions DC Ben Johnson

https://fansided.com/posts/4-brandon...g-01hf4vh609yb
                  Harbaugh for sure

iffy on Belichick

Solid NO's on Moore and Johnson ( and the Ravens DC and Slowik and Waldron..)

Comment

• richpjr
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Jun 2013
                    • Nashville
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt4Knob View Post

Harbaugh for sure

iffy on Belichick

You just know that Belichick would love to win a SB without Brady and break Shula's record. He could do that if he came here...

Comment

• LarryAW
                      Chargers fan since 1970
                      • Sep 2018
                      • Chula Vista, CA
                      • retired paralegal/court reporter
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by NOrvMeNow View Post

Henning had Billy fricken Joe Tolliver as his starting qb.
                      No, he doesn't remind me of Staley
                      People who complain when Herbert misses an open receiver have forgotten about, or never had to watch, Billy Joe Overthrow. LOL.

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Dec 2019
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by richpjr View Post

You just know that Belichick would love to win a SB without Brady and break Shula's record. He could do that if he came here...
                        If Belichick wanted to come to the Chargers and he brought somebody like Pioli or Dmitroff as personnel guy - and he just coached -- I wouldn't turn it down. For sure he would have input on player personnel - but not like he does now in NE -- that would work.

As like you said, having Herbert would be a big draw

Comment

• Velo
                          Ride!
                          • Aug 2019
                          • Everywhere
                          • Leave the gun, take the cannolis
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt4Knob View Post

Harbaugh for sure

iffy on Belichick

I'm polar opposite. I'd go with Johnson or Moore over Harbaugh or Belichick.

Comment

Working...
                          X