• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • SDBORN
    Registered Charger Fan
    • May 2017
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Scotty Boy View Post
    Staley is just showing his (significant) inexperience. Goes super aggressive on last 4th down - but the Team has been too passive the entire year. IF he wants to be aggressive and have the team take-on an aggressive personality, they need to be consistent. Staley and the players don’t know what they want to be. The Browns, for example, want to run over you - behind, ahead, all the time.
    Then why waste going years of a star qb like Herbert with inexperience?

I will keep relating this...
    Norv - loser hc record when hired
    Mccoy - oc /no experience at HC
    Lynn - RB coach /interim HC (virtually no HC experience)
    Stayley - DC /no experience at HC

How about the owners stop being so cheap and try some winning experience at the HC position?

Comment

• richpjr
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Jun 2013
      • Nashville
      • Send PM

Originally posted by Topcat View Post

That's like saying, "the Titanic is only halfway sunk..."
      No, it's reality. We won. Staley and Lombardi made enough good calls today to win the game. I would have punted if I was the coach but it worked.

Comment

• SDBORN
        Registered Charger Fan
        • May 2017
        • Send PM

Originally posted by Cardioman2 View Post
        Dean Spanos is the worst owner in the NFL, always hiring the worst coaches. Dean need so take his sisters advice and sell the team to someone who knows how to hire coaches and win.
        Just cheap..

Comment

• Geezbolt
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Jun 2013
          • Sun Valley, ID
          • Send PM

Originally posted by electricgold View Post
          Calm down we won the game!
          This.

Yes, a punt was probably the right call, but the Bolts got lucky. Any team needs some luck to win it all.

Comment

• Scotty Boy
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Aug 2017
            • Send PM

Originally posted by jamrock View Post
            Yes. He’s in over his head and basically stupid. We made a big mistake not getting Dabeoll
            I’ve been wondering the same the last 3 weeks….

We knew Daboll is an offensive whiz (look what he did w/ Josh Allen, imaging what he’d do with our offensive talent), but there were questions if he could be a leader of men. The Giant’s early results - and seeing the fun the players are having - seem to answer that emphatically….

Comment

• powderblueboy
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Jul 2017
              • Send PM

Bold move by topcat, but not rash and erratic, swinging from teatotaler to johnny highball in a matter of seconds like someone we know.

Comment

• northerner
                Charger fan since '79
                • Mar 2019
                • Send PM

he needs to get pulled into the back room by somebody and get a verbal beatdown for this call. he can learn from this. he had a relapse back to that chiefs game at Sofi last year.

he can learn from it. holy shit - we avoided a disaster. we gave them the ball about 10 yards from FG range.

i like an aggressive coach, not a stupid coach.

Comment

• MusicMakerInMe
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Jan 2020
                  • Send PM

Here's one of my issues: the Chargers are really blowing their opportunity to take some of the local fans from the Rams before they start having the opportunity to draft better prospects again. When the Rams start drafting home talent and this team has still failed to reach playoff accolades, then they've missed a terrific window. There's actually a time factor here.

Wins like this that kind of "deflate" some of the fan base does no favors for their popularity.

Comment

• jamrock
                    lawyers, guns and money
                    • Sep 2017
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by northerner View Post
                    he needs to get pulled into the back room by somebody and get a verbal beatdown for this call. he can learn from this. he had a relapse back to that chiefs game at Sofi last year.

he can learn from it. holy shit - we avoided a disaster. we gave them the ball about 10 yards from FG range.

i like an aggressive coach, not a stupid coach.
                    Spot on. Only problem is there’s no one in the chargers organization who can do that. Look at Keenan Allen’s Twitter account. The players know. That was inexcusable. A firing offense

Comment

• richpjr
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Jun 2013
                      • Nashville
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by MusicMakerInMe View Post
                      Here's one of my issues: the Chargers are really blowing their opportunity to take some of the local fans from the Rams before they start having the opportunity to draft better prospects again. When the Rams start drafting home talent and this team has still failed to reach playoff accolades, then they've missed a terrific window.

Wins like this that kind of "deflate" some of the fan base does no favors for their popularity.
                      Most fans are actually excited about winning a game.

Comment

• Boltx
                        Dominate the day
                        • Jun 2013
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by QSmokey View Post

Who WANTS this team in the playoffs? To be blown out to the likes of Buffalo, KC, Balt, Cincy, etc? This team doesn't deserve the playoffs. Poorly coached and not a very good team.
                        Yes they are 3-2 but this is not a playoff team IMO.

Poor defense. Suspect coaching.
                        ESPN Screename: GoBolts02

Comment

• richpjr
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Jun 2013
                          • Nashville
                          • Send PM

Uhh, can I raise my hand about being one of the people who wants to be in the playoffs?

Comment

Working...
                          X