• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • CivilBolt
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Nov 2019
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Xenos View Post
    Here’s Staley talking about some of the reasons he went for it on 4th down. It was not considered a gamble to him.
    https://www.thepowderblues.com/forum...23#post1260523
    Nice so they were buying time to make an in game adjustment for the D. Brilliant!

Comment

• Parcells
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Jun 2013
      • Send PM

I’m so proud to have this guy as our coach. It all seems quite genuine and that’s combined with him being a damned good coach.

Comment

• Parcells
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Jun 2013
        • Send PM

Telesco and the Spanos clan are not too popular in these parts. But Telesco is the one that selected Herbert and I have to believe that it was Telesco and the Spanos clan that made the decision to hire Staley.

Has another franchise done more in the past 18 months to change its fortunes for the better?

Comment

• RTPbolt
          Charger Fan till the end
          • Jun 2013
          • North Carolina
          • Send PM

Originally posted by Parcells View Post

Has another franchise done more in the past 18 months to change its fortunes for the better?
          Sure the Dolphins definitely…. I mean they picked Tuaaaaaahhhhhh…. Ok i guess not

I have had a lot of faith in Tommy T. As we are seeing even our draft picks from prior years are being utilized far better under a coach that has a much different philosophy. Our past coaches had serious flaws in recognizing talent and knowing how best to coach it and integrrate it into the weekly plan. Talent has been there all along. I think TT has done a good job overall….its just that unicorns like Staley arent born everyday to bring it all together. Lots left for Staley to express himself this year but so far he has far exceeded what even I expected for living up to all his talk…thats so hard to do in 5 weeks of play much less his first year in the role. Staley was THE biggest bullseye TT could have made for this team.

Comment

• equivocation
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Apr 2021
            • Send PM

Excellent article on how coaching is changing, or was never what we made it to be in the first place.

I debated on where to put this and Staley isn't directly mentioned, but decided on here because Staley checked all the boxes when looking for a modern coach.

Comment

• Xenos
              • Feb 2019
              • Send PM

Staley feels like a HC that is forward thinking enough to adapt after a loss. If it means another winning streak after the bye I’ll take it.

Comment

• wu-dai clan
                Smooth Operation
                • May 2017
                • Send PM

Recent headline.
                Is Demarvin Leal the next Aaron Donald ?
                Could this be what Staley is missing more than anything else ?
                A stud 3Tech to erase many deficiencies ?
                We do not play modern football.

Comment

• foreigner
                  Tom Telesco is gone
                  • Sep 2013
                  • Send PM

Staley acknowledged that we were outcoached... what a diiference from a year ago....

Comment

• powderblueboy
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Jul 2017
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by foreigner View Post
                    Staley acknowledged that we were outcoached... what a diiference from a year ago....
                    I miss Norv's pressers after a loss. He was a master at the subtle art of deferring blame.
                    I don't even remember what Lynn would say. He was starting to look shell shocked.

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Dec 2019
                      • Send PM

Staley feels like a HC that is forward thinking enough to adapt after a loss. If it means another winning streak after the bye I’ll take it.
                      Agreed. He is going to grind hard for the next two weeks and figure out how to fix things

Patriots are a good test coming back from the bye. Chargers - not saying its a must game - but they really need to win it

Comment

• Xenos
                        • Feb 2019
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt4Knob View Post

Agreed. He is going to grind hard for the next two weeks and figure out how to fix things

Patriots are a good test coming back from the bye. Chargers - not saying its a must game - but they really need to win it
                        We should beat the Patriots though. Belichick has become super conservative without Brady.

Comment

• jamrock
                          lawyers, guns and money
                          • Sep 2017
                          • Send PM

We should beat the Patriots though. Belichick has become super conservative without Brady.
                          They will want to control the ball which they can if our defense plays the way it has lately. They shut us out last year and the Ravens nearly did the same yesterday. Belichick has the recipe and he’ll be cooking

Comment

Working...
                          X