Five reasons im optimistic about the Chargers.

Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • oneinchpunch
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Jun 2013
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Mister Hoarse View Post
    Most expected. If fact, I most expect that most expected you to say that.
    Most werent around for the best poll of all time.
    Hashtag thepowderblues

Comment

• Stinky Wizzleteats+
      Grammar Police
      • Jun 2013
      • Send PM

Its sill over there if you want to link it...
      Go Rivers!

Comment

• Thunder Thighs
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Jun 2013
        • Send PM

I heard Mike Goff on the radio say that it is all about attitude, that O-line play is all about wanting to dominate the player across the line. In my opinion, he insinuated that the O-line under Norv had been thinking too much about their assignments instead of just getting off the snap and being physical.

I think he has a point, and that Fluker will bring a lot to the table with his aggressiveness and leadership. I see him as a Jon Runyan type. The thing I like about Fluker over Clary and the other three OTs taken ahead of him is that Fluker seems to have more of the intangibles. He doesn’t just want to get the job done, he wants to put defensive players on the ground and he doesn't want to let them get back up.

I think the entire O-line's attitude will change this year for the better. Fluker will change the mentality of the O-line. In addition, McCoy's simpler and quicker schemes will allow the entire O-line to be more aggressive instead of over-thinking their blocking assignments.

I am excited to see Starks at 6’8” and 340 pounds. He has played in big games against big time players and has got the job done. He may not be a mauler like Fluker, but I think that he can wear out guys with his size alone just by leaning on them all game long. His physical presence adds another dimension to the O-line.

I think Clary can step right in and do as good of a job as Vasquez, who I think played soft in the run game for such a big and strong man. Clary is a better run blocker than Vasquez. The two are of similar size. If Vasquez could play guard at his height, then I think Clary can be coached up and his height will not be an issue

Rinehart is underrated. He is a big guy who was drafted in the 3rd round who has had some injury setbacks.

Hardwick is a solid veteran. There’s worse out there. I remember the dark days between Courtney Hall and Nick Hardwick, when we depended on guys like Roman Fortin to be our center.

No one on the starting O-line this year was drafted below the 3rd round, except for Clary. So there’s talent there, much more than last year.

So, yeah, I am optimistic that the O-line will be much improved.

Comment

• Den60
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Jun 2013
          • Send PM

Originally posted by Thunder Thighs View Post
          I heard Mike Goff on the radio say that it is all about attitude, that O-line play is all about wanting to dominate the player across the line. In my opinion, he insinuated that the O-line under Norv had been thinking too much about their assignments instead of just getting off the snap and being physical.

I think he has a point, and that Fluker will bring a lot to the table with his aggressiveness and leadership. I see him as a Jon Runyan type. The thing I like about Fluker over Clary and the other three OTs taken ahead of him is that Fluker seems to have more of the intangibles. He doesn’t just want to get the job done, he wants to put defensive players on the ground and he doesn't want to let them get back up.

I think the entire O-line's attitude will change this year for the better. Fluker will change the mentality of the O-line. In addition, McCoy's simpler and quicker schemes will allow the entire O-line to be more aggressive instead of over-thinking their blocking assignments.

I am excited to see Starks at 6’8” and 340 pounds. He has played in big games against big time players and has got the job done. He may not be a mauler like Fluker, but I think that he can wear out guys with his size alone just by leaning on them all game long. His physical presence adds another dimension to the O-line.

I think Clary can step right in and do as good of a job as Vasquez, who I think played soft in the run game for such a big and strong man. Clary is a better run blocker than Vasquez. The two are of similar size. If Vasquez could play guard at his height, then I think Clary can be coached up and his height will not be an issue

Rinehart is underrated. He is a big guy who was drafted in the 3rd round who has had some injury setbacks.

Hardwick is a solid veteran. There’s worse out there. I remember the dark days between Courtney Hall and Nick Hardwick, when we depended on guys like Roman Fortin to be our center.

No one on the starting O-line this year was drafted below the 3rd round, except for Clary. So there’s talent there, much more than last year.

So, yeah, I am optimistic that the O-line will be much improved.
          Goff is full of shit. Sorry. He never got over being cut by AJ when he couldn't play anymore.

This O-line isn't very good. Is it better than last year's (perhaps the worst in the league)? Yeah, most likely but not definite (especially when you wonder if we got weaker in pass protection at RT). But is this a good o-line? No fucking way. Wishful thinking ain't gonna make it so. We will field an O-line in the bottom third of the league. I really don't give a flying you know what where someone was drafted because it has very, very little to do with what a guy actually does (or has done) once he has played in the league.
          Last edited by Den60; 07-02-2013, 09:45 PM.

Comment

• Stinky Wizzleteats+
            Grammar Police
            • Jun 2013
            • Send PM

Worst to first or bust!!!
            Go Rivers!

Comment

• oneinchpunch
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Jun 2013
              • Send PM

Originally posted by Den60 View Post
              Goff is full of shit. Sorry. He never got over being cut by AJ when he couldn't play anymore.
              Disagree and disagree. He still shows up at Chargers functions and has been around the team.
              Hashtag thepowderblues

Comment

• Stinky Wizzleteats+
                Grammar Police
                • Jun 2013
                • Send PM

We never recovered after his departure.
                Go Rivers!

Comment

• Den60
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Jun 2013
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by oneinchpunch View Post
                  Disagree and disagree. He still shows up at Chargers functions and has been around the team.
                  Well shit, I guess that makes him an AJ fan then. I stand corrected.

Comment

• Den60
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Jun 2013
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by Stinky Wizzleteats+ View Post
                    We never recovered after his departure.
                    If you are talking about the GM I would have to agree. I don't see any growth on the roster to speak of myself. Certainly not the ""home run" type of off-season some on here were counting on. For his first off-season I would say that TT has work to do to get up to average. As for the team I really don't see us as getting any closer to getting to the big trophy so I would say we are still at least 3 years out (after the upcoming season) before having some hope to be there myself.

Comment

• Formula 21
                      The Future is Now
                      • Jun 2013
                      • Republic of San Diego
                      • Send PM

If MM takes the Bolts and wins the AFCW this year, MM is going to be short for Magic Mike.
                      Now, if you excuse me, I have some Charger memories to suppress.
                      The Wasted Decade is done.
                      Build Back Better.

Comment

• Stinky Wizzleteats+
                        Grammar Police
                        • Jun 2013
                        • Send PM

M and Ms. Mmmmm.
                        Go Rivers!

Comment

• oneinchpunch
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Jun 2013
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by Den60 View Post
                          Well shit, I guess that makes him an AJ fan then. I stand corrected.
                          Not what I said. You said Goff never got over being cut by AJ.

Support that false statement.
                          Hashtag thepowderblues

Comment

Working...
                          X