Clear All
  • SuperCharged
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Sep 2019
    • Utah
    • Midnight Toker
    • Send PM

Originally posted by therber219 View Post

"I can't wait for this season to get going! Me and Herb are gonna go off on the league!"
    Mike Williams
    (ok, I admit I said it for him)
    He's to busy rolling blunts to be worrying about all of that.

Comment

• chargeroo
      Fan since 1961
      • Jan 2019
      • Oregon
      • Retired Manager/Pastor
      • Send PM

I'm a fan of MW. I think he's a good WR2 and he's a team player. He plays second fiddle to KA but when KA was out Williams came through like a #1.

That said, I think Johnson showed a lot last year (late in the year particularly) and he seems to catch everything - plus, he very fast. If he continues to improve this season they could decide he's a suitable replacement for MW. Money matters!
      THE YEAR OF THE FLIP!

Comment

• SuperCharged
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Sep 2019
        • Utah
        • Midnight Toker
        • Send PM

Originally posted by chargeroo View Post
        I'm a fan of MW. I think he's a good WR2 and he's a team player. He plays second fiddle to KA but when KA was out Williams came through like a #1.

That said, I think Johnson showed a lot last year (late in the year particularly) and he seems to catch everything - plus, he very fast. If he continues to improve this season they could decide he's a suitable replacement for MW. Money matters!
        Sorry but I disagree. He didn't catch over 6 balls in any one game last year, and he did that once. He has never broke 50 receptions in a season. I don't see us resigning him unless he take a HUGE pay cut.

He jumped from 2.2 million to a MASSIVE 15 million and is not even close to worth that money. That loosely equates to $312,500 per catch. Or 3 million per touchdown. LMAO at the money such average players make.

Comment

• Boltjolt
          Dont let the PBs fool ya
          • Jun 2013
          • Henderson, NV
          • Send PM

Originally posted by SuperCharged View Post

Sorry but I disagree. He didn't catch over 6 balls in any one game last year, and he did that once. He has never broke 50 receptions in a season. I don't see us resigning him unless he take a HUGE pay cut.

He jumped from 2.2 million to a MASSIVE 15 million and is not even close to worth that money. That loosely equates to $312,500 per catch. Or 3 million per touchdown. LMAO at the money such average players make.
          Who cares? That's the contract that the club excercised. As Telesco said,. ." It isn't MWs fault we have Keenan Allen and Hunter Henry. Now we don't have Henry.

MW is a good WR imo . When we had Malcolm Floyd for example who some have compared his production to,. there were no WRs catching 100 passes like Keenan does.
          2 seasons ago we had Ek catching alot of balls with 997 yards, Keenan with 103 catches and MW still got his 1000 yards so he produces.

The 15 mil isn't his fault. That is a product of the club excercising his option so why hate on him for that? Is he worth 15 mil? No, but you would take it as well.

It won't be that much next year if he is resigned.

Comment

• chargeroo
            Fan since 1961
            • Jan 2019
            • Oregon
            • Retired Manager/Pastor
            • Send PM

I didn't say he's worth 15 M - he was a high draft pick and that's the price if a team wants to exercise the 5th year option. I suppose he'll have to take much less next year but he gets the 15M this years.
            THE YEAR OF THE FLIP!

Comment

• gzubeck
              Ines Sainz = Jet Bait!
              • Jan 2019
              • Tucson, AZ
              • Send PM

Originally posted by chargeroo View Post

I didn't say he's worth 15 M - he was a high draft pick and that's the price if a team wants to exercise the 5th year option. I suppose he'll have to take much less next year but he gets the 15M this years.
              Might be a lot for this year but if he does well again a year from now $15 mill might seem fair after the cap situation is adjusted.

:2cents:
              Chiefs won the Superbowl with 10 Rookies....

"Locked, Cocked, and ready to Rock!" Jim Harbaugh

Comment

• Maniaque 6
                French Speaking Charger Fan
                • Jan 2019
                • Québec city
                • Send PM

Last year, MW had 5 millions.
                Just said.

Comment

• like54ninjas
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Oct 2017
                  • Great White North
                  • Draftnik
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by Maniaque 6 View Post
                  Last year, MW had 5 millions.
                  Just said.
                  He is playing for the contract he signed and so did the Chargers. The Chargers also are the ones who exercised his 5th year $15.7 million option.
                  Last edited by like54ninjas; 05-13-2021, 07:44 PM.
                  My 2021 Adopt-A-Bolt List

MikeDub
                  K9
                  Nasir
                  Tillery
                  Parham
                  Reed

Comment

• RTPbolt
                    Charger Fan till the end
                    • Jun 2013
                    • North Carolina
                    • Send PM

Id like to keep MW at a fair price for an oft injured vet. He has good hands and can run most the routes and fights for balls. Still room to grow but really its his injury history that has kept him from achieving any major milestones for a top receiver to earn a big salary. Id do a 4/$40m type number.

Comment

• SuperCharged
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Sep 2019
                      • Utah
                      • Midnight Toker
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by like54ninjas View Post

He is playing for the contract he signed and so did the Chargers. The Chargers also are the ones who exercised his 5th year $15.7 million option.
                      Which I consider a poor deal/decision. for the Chargers. Gross overspending on above average talent. Probably my only real complaint against TT.

Comment

• Maniaque 6
                        French Speaking Charger Fan
                        • Jan 2019
                        • Québec city
                        • Send PM

A very good WR is about 10-12 millions.

Comment

• FoutsFan
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Feb 2019
                          • Birmingham AL
                          • Send PM

Which I consider a poor deal/decision. for the Chargers. Gross overspending on above average talent. Probably my only real complaint against TT.
                          Its a standard contract. The rookies are slotted and paid by where they are drafted. You act like MW has some bizzaro contract that no other rookie playing on a rookie contract has. Since you are so offended by rookie contracts you should negotiate the new CBA for the NFL.

Comment

Working...
                          X