• SuperCharged
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Sep 2019
    • Utah
    • Midnight Toker
    • Send PM

Originally posted by like54ninjas View Post
    Did we need another thread for this?

This has been an ongoing topic by some for the past 2 years.
    Doh!!!:tongue:

Comment

• FoutsFan
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Feb 2019
      • Birmingham AL
      • Send PM

Originally posted by chargeroo View Post

I thought it was AJ's doing.

Regardless- as I recall we were all for it.
      John Butler if I remember right.

Comment

• kgbpasha
        #болтап
        • May 2017
        • Send PM

MW81 is a BEAST.

Comment

• wu-dai clan
          Smooth Operation
          • May 2017
          • Send PM

kgbp, Julio can hold Mike's Red Bull, while he's doing this.
          Don't try it Julio.
          Don't hurt yourself.
          We do not play modern football.

Comment

• Maniaque 6
            French Speaking Charger Fan
            • Jan 2019
            • Québec city
            • Send PM

The Chargers can have KA and MW for about 35 M
            Not too much for two #1 WR !
            Who needs J. Jones ?

Comment

• Xenos
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Feb 2019
              • Send PM

Originally posted by kgbpasha View Post
              MW81 is a BEAST.

If he can actually stay healthy like in 2018, then yes he can be a beast.

Comment

• Xenos
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Feb 2019
                • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt Dude View Post

True, unfortunately.

When I watch those great Saints offenses of the last decade I see a lot of crisp route runners and speedsters—Deverey Henderson, Marquis Colston, Lance Moore, Michael Thomas, Meachem, Cooks.

MW doesn’t exactly fit the prototype.
                Thomas and Colston were not speedsters. Maybe precise route runners. But Colston was like Gates but at receiver for Brees. He would throw it up to him a lot.

Comment

• Bolt Dude
                  Draftnik
                  • Oct 2020
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by Xenos View Post

Thomas and Colston were not speedsters. Maybe precise route runners. But Colston was like Gates but at receiver for Brees. He would throw it up to him a lot.
                  Good point. I probably should have phrased it as ‘crisp route runners and/or speedsters’.

What the Saints didn’t have was beastly jump-ball types like Mike Dub.
                  Our quarterback is a golden god.

Comment

• Xenos
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Feb 2019
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt Dude View Post

Good point. I probably should have phrased it as ‘crisp route runners and/or speedsters’.

What the Saints didn’t have was beastly jump-ball types like Mike Dub.
                    I feel like Colston did that quite a bit for Brees. Jimmy Graham definitely took it to that level when he was with the Saints.

Comment

• TexanBeerlover
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Feb 2021
                      • Send PM

Chargers should let season play out with WR’s already in camp. Healthy Keenan and Mike should be enough alone. Not expecting much from Palmer just to develop in system with teamwork. Have a lot of speed and depth besides not to mention couple new TE’s.

Key to Williams success is hard work conditioning/fine tuning his body to withstand 17 game schedule and playoff run. Takes a lot of stamina and luck, but healthy, his aggressive style will help open up Lombardi quick twitch offense.

The Chargers did something very un-Patriot, they didn’t cut or trade Mike when they had the chance. His 15.7 million 5th year option almost equals his first four years (discount). Tom Telesco made decision to pay Mike and let Hunter Henry walk in free agency. I would have done the opposite. But clearly they really feel Williams is the more important piece and superior talent to invest in. Everything Mike needs is now in place for him to succeed and fulfill his potential. Really hope, he uses this opportunity to get 2nd contract, plenty of incentives.

Comment

• dmac_bolt
                        Day Tripper
                        • May 2019
                        • North of the Lagoon
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by TexanBeerlover View Post
                        Chargers should let season play out with WR’s already in camp. Healthy Keenan and Mike should be enough alone. Not expecting much from Palmer just to develop in system with teamwork. Have a lot of speed and depth besides not to mention couple new TE’s.

Key to Williams success is hard work conditioning/fine tuning his body to withstand 17 game schedule and playoff run. Takes a lot of stamina and luck, but healthy, his aggressive style will help open up Lombardi quick twitch offense.

The Chargers did something very un-Patriot, they didn’t cut or trade Mike when they had the chance. His 15.7 million 5th year option almost equals his first four years (discount). Tom Telesco made decision to pay Mike and let Hunter Henry walk in free agency. I would have done the opposite. But clearly they really feel Williams is the more important piece and superior talent to invest in. Everything Mike needs is now in place for him to succeed and fulfill his potential. Really hope, he uses this opportunity to get 2nd contract, plenty of incentives.
                        I think you’re right that MW is the type of guy that could disproportionately benefit from an OL that can block for 3 seconds. He’s not a jitterbug juke off the LOS like KA, but give him a couple seconds and we may see get more open more often?
                        “Less is more? NO NO NO - MORE is MORE!”

Comment

• CivilBolt
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Nov 2019
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by dmac_bolt View Post

I think you’re right that MW is the type of guy that could disproportionately benefit from an OL that can block for 3 seconds. He’s not a jitterbug juke off the LOS like KA, but give him a couple seconds and we may see get more open more often?
                          I agree. Give JH 3 seconds so MW can do a double move to get himself wide open. I remember a CB biting hard on it last year.

Comment

Working...
                          X