• Show
Clear All
  • gzubeck
    Ines Sainz = Jet Bait!
    • Jan 2019
    • Tucson, AZ
    • Send PM

Originally posted by SuperCharged View Post

Which I consider a poor deal/decision. for the Chargers. Gross overspending on above average talent. Probably my only real complaint against TT.
    Since we didn't over spend on Hunter Henry I'm good with MW for this season at the current pay rate. YOU CAN'T replace everyone in one season and Mike definitely needs another season for determination just like Derwin James for their next contract.

:hello:
    Chiefs won the Superbowl with 10 Rookies....

"Locked, Cocked, and ready to Rock!" Jim Harbaugh

Comment

• SuperCharged
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Sep 2019
      • Utah
      • Midnight Toker
      • Send PM

Originally posted by gzubeck View Post

Since we didn't over spend on Hunter Henry I'm good with MW for this season at the current pay rate. YOU CAN'T replace everyone in one season and Mike definitely needs another season for determination just like Derwin James for their next contract.

:hello:
      Im not saying replace him. But when his contract is up he should take a serious pay cut. I love(d) Mike Williams coming out of Clemson. He just hasn't lived up to that 7th overall pick, which sucks.

Comment

• SuperCharged
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Sep 2019
        • Utah
        • Midnight Toker
        • Send PM

Originally posted by FoutsFan View Post

Its a standard contract. The rookies are slotted and paid by where they are drafted. You act like MW has some bizzaro contract that no other rookie playing on a rookie contract has. Since you are so offended by rookie contracts you should negotiate the new CBA for the NFL.
        Wow.... There should be a new CBA. Especially since im offended. :facepalm1:

Comment

• dmac_bolt
          Day Tripper
          • May 2019
          • North of the Lagoon
          • Send PM

Mdub didn’t have a say in the matter. No idea what the negotiations were. I sense anger is at the FO, not MW. Thats fine but its past. He is a good player, forget the dollars and just ask if he can contribute to the offense and your answer is yes.

Every year there are guys overpaid and guys underpaid. Such is the story of every team ever in every sport ever.
          “Less is more? NO NO NO - MORE is MORE!”

Comment

• wu-dai clan
            Smooth Operation
            • May 2017
            • Send PM

Originally posted by dmac_bolt View Post
            Mdub didn’t have a say in the matter. No idea what the negotiations were. I sense anger is at the FO, not MW. Thats fine but its past. He is a good player, forget the dollars and just ask if he can contribute to the offense and your answer is yes.

Every year there are guys overpaid and guys underpaid. Such is the story of every team ever in every sport ever.
            Spot on.
            And admittedly for a while I wanted to trade MW, for several reasons.
            ​​​​​​Now, the ship has sailed.
            I expect a big season.
            There are plays he makes downfield that cannot be stopped.
            We do not play modern football.

Comment

• TexanBeerlover
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Feb 2021
              • Send PM

Mike Williams could very well have his break-out season in his 5th and last contract season with Chargers. Shoe will be on the other foot. Regardless if he stays or goes, services rendered, that’s all you can ask.

Comment

• Boltjolt
                Dont let the PBs fool ya
                • Jun 2013
                • Henderson, NV
                • Send PM

Lol, if they didn't have slotted pay MW would be making a lot more than he has been. You would really be complaining then.

Comment

• FoutsFan
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Feb 2019
                  • Birmingham AL
                  • Send PM

You said it, I was just pointing it out.

Comment

• dmac_bolt
                    Day Tripper
                    • May 2019
                    • North of the Lagoon
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by TexanBeerlover View Post
                    Mike Williams could very well have his break-out season in his 5th and last contract season with Chargers. Shoe will be on the other foot. Regardless if he stays or goes, services rendered, that’s all you can ask.
                    I see a guy playing hard through every whistle, laying his body on the line every jump ball. He gives all he’s got to maximize the advantages he does have. I love the guy, and have long ago accepted he’s not the next Lance Alworth and he’s playing opposite a top 5 receiver in the league in KA.

Was it over-reach when drafted, probably to definitely. Thats also not his fault, he didnt walk a card up to the podium and its also long in the past.
                    “Less is more? NO NO NO - MORE is MORE!”

Comment

• Boltgang74
                      We Are The Storm!
                      • Aug 2018
                      • Send PM

Very true.A successful FO I would think is careful and strategic about salaries and contracts.Lets see how this plays out this season :bertstare:

Comment

• TexanBeerlover
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Feb 2021
                        • Send PM

I see a guy playing hard through every whistle, laying his body on the line every jump ball. He gives all he’s got to maximize the advantages he does have. I love the guy, and have long ago accepted he’s not the next Lance Alworth and he’s playing opposite a top 5 receiver in the league in KA.

Was it over-reach when drafted, probably to definitely. Thats also not his fault, he didnt walk a card up to the podium and its also long in the past.
                        Lance is a blast from the past that works in association with that classic Chargers uniform. So will not rule that either, out of realm of possibility.

Comment

• Boltjolt
                          Dont let the PBs fool ya
                          • Jun 2013
                          • Henderson, NV
                          • Send PM

Got to remember as well that when he was drafted, Keenan had just missed 1.5 seasons with knee injuries.

I liked the pick and mentioned it wouldn't surprise me if he was drafted,....though he wasn't my first choice.

Comment

Working...
                          X