• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Stinky Wizzleteats+
    Grammar Police
    • Jun 2013
    • Send PM

Oh no were doomed! Our GM sucks so bad he can't even extend his QB! We will be 0-16 Oh No!!!!

This is silly. Our roster is better off than what we put on the field over the last eight games last year as is currently! Think about that. Injuries are no excuse however the reality is due to injuries we were fielding our 5th center 3rd RG 2nd LG and we lost our top two RB's most of the year. THAT is HUGE! Now we have a starter at 4 of 5 Oline spots and lots of $ under the cap to maneuver before during and after the draft.

This team is far from done!

Chill Pill anyone?

Chickley?
    Go Rivers!

Comment

• Steve
      Administrator
      • Jun 2013
      • South Carolina
      • Meteorologist
      • Send PM

Originally posted by CTrout View Post
      Don't know how much we would of had to mortgage, aren't we still about 18+ million under the cap?
      That amount still doesn't factor in how much money we need for rookies and the in-season emergency money to sign guys to fill in the roster when injuries occur. The more reaslistic number is more like 12-13 million. And in addition to that, the Chargers seem to want to sign Weddle and Rivers (whether they want to or not is another story),

I also think that some other teams have enough cap space for now, but may have to clear up more later so we may see some decent vets floating around yet. It just wasn't a very good year for FA, and a lot of teams were able to throw too much money at their roster problems.

Comment

• oneinchpunch
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Jun 2013
        • Send PM

Originally posted by Stinky Wizzleteats+ View Post
        lots of $ under the cap to maneuver before during and after the draft.
        Tom Telesco talked about having essentially accomplished what he set out to in free agency. The Chargers went after some players they didn't get, but he says the team "hit on" the areas they targeted.
        Hashtag thepowderblues

Comment

• sandiego17
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Jun 2013
          • Send PM

Originally posted by oneinchpunch View Post
          Tom Telesco talked about having essentially accomplished what he set out to in free agency. The Chargers went after some players they didn't get, but he says the team "hit on" the areas they targeted.
          Obviously TT is lying, where is the new QB?

Comment

• bonehead
            Undrafted
            • Jul 2013
            • TBD
            • Retired
            • Send PM

Originally posted by Formula Two One View Post
            I don't know how you disagree with him. This team is not better except maybe at OL. That's not to say they can't find two starters in the draft.
            Well I do disagree ......TT brought in some excellent replacements for Gatchkar Gilchrist and Royal.....we are not going to go 5Deep at the center position due to injuries.....I think we are going to see a huge improvement in our pass rush because most of our pass rushers (Freeney,Attouchu, Ingram) had been injured/out due to injuries , if Ingram/ Attouchu come back strong and Tourek and Law improve the Bolts are better, not to mention I'm sure they will bring in a pass rusher in the draft
            Our Oline is improved and Woodhead will be back with Oliver, all TT needs to do is add. A Strong RB in the draft and we are set there....so F Acee
            Forget it Donny you're out of your element

Shut the fuck up Donny

Comment

• Stinky Wizzleteats+
              Grammar Police
              • Jun 2013
              • Send PM

Originally posted by oneinchpunch View Post
              And the wise man said, "we shall see".

I still think he is saying what he and every other GM would say. Let's see what he does and take what he says with a grain of salt...

Some move are not made to allow the draft to come to them you know...
              Go Rivers!

Comment

• Boltjolt
                Dont let the PBs fool ya
                • Jun 2013
                • Henderson, NV
                • Send PM

Originally posted by Classic View Post
                It's true with the losses of Royal, Wright, Gilchrist and Gkackar this team is primed for and 0-16 season. Why won't you polyannas realize that the sky is falling on the 2015 season in March? Acee is just smarter than us all and knows better.
                Maybe Acee thinks that we cant do better than Wright and Gilchrist. Hell i said during the season id let Wright walk. I dont know what Acee was watching. If we can land another RG with a vet or a draft pick that is better than Troutman, the OL i much improved.

Comment

• richpjr
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Jun 2013
                  • Nashville
                  • Send PM

And the wise man said, "we shall see".

I still think he is saying what he and every other GM would say. Let's see what he does and take what he says with a grain of salt...

Some move are not made to allow the draft to come to them you know...
                  Is TT doing GM speak? Perhaps he is telling the truth on his goals. I'm not sure how far fetched it is to think that his biggest priorities were resigning Dunlap and Flowers, adding a guard, improving the return game, and finding replacements for Royal, Gilchrist and Wright. He can still get a RB and depth in the draft.

Comment

• Stinky Wizzleteats+
                    Grammar Police
                    • Jun 2013
                    • Send PM

Why yes he can, but...

How many players does he HAVE to count on making steps in improving there play to stay a 9-7 team? I'd say a few at least. We do not need a status quo message from the top on either side of the ball.

That said I believe the will draft then see what they can do to make trades bring in players that teams held onto until the draft ext the fine tune the roster.
                    Go Rivers!

Comment

• richpjr
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Jun 2013
                      • Nashville
                      • Send PM

Why yes he can, but...

How many players does he HAVE to count on making steps in improving there play to stay a 9-7 team? I'd say a few at least. We do not need a status quo message from the top on either side of the ball.

That said I believe the will draft then see what they can do to make trades bring in players that teams held onto until the draft ext the fine tune the roster.
                      Time will tell, but I'm not sure why this sentiment that many players have to improve just to stay at a 9-7 team. While we have seemingly had bad luck with injuries, will we really go through 5 centers and 3 RB again next season? We do have holes (what team doesn't?) but TT isn't done yet. There will be more veteran signings and the draft is still ahead of us. I guess I'm not nearly as pessimistic as some of the angry villagers are.

Comment

• Millionaire Wussy
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Jul 2013
                        • Send PM

If Butler simply played like he gave a damn we will improve on defense. Meaning he has to want to tackle someone....anyone.

And Ingram, Attaochu, and Te'o seem to only have one way to go at this point in their careers.

I'll say this: If we find any sort of pressure from our front three up the middle we could see our LB play make stunning improvement this year. Butler simply cannot suck that much again. It's not humanly possible and the other LB's are still very young and should only improve.

But that part about our existing RB's being good enough to win the division is nutty IMO. Unless the rest of our division sucks really hard this year. I see KC getting better though. Denver will probably fall back a bit though.
                        For Stinky-Jon-Wizzleteats....

"Pray for strength and healing oh and money!"

Comment

• Centella
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Jun 2013
                          • Send PM

Well, at this point I think they are no worse than they were last year, but I can't see them as much better either. So I think they are one of those mid-level teams just spinning their wheels and hoping to catch lightning in a bottle.

Comment

Working...
                          X