Chargers @ WFT GDT and Post Game Discussion (Wk 1)

Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • equivocation
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Apr 2021
    • Send PM

Herbert had 24 completions to WRs. This is not a problem.

Comment

• equivocation
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Apr 2021
      • Send PM

Keenan on in a couple minutes.

Comment

• Bearded14YourPleasure
        Fluent in Sarcasm
        • Jun 2013
        • Iowa
        • Man of the People
        • Send PM

Originally posted by Panamamike View Post

Keenan Allen dropped a touchdown in the first quarter. They each dropped a ball in the end zone yesterday
        The only Keenan drop I remember was around the 10 on a 3rd down play. Guess the one in the end zone escaped my memory, apologies.

Comment

• Panamamike
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Jun 2013
          • Send PM

Originally posted by ghost View Post
          Third Down Conversions -- Chargers 14-19 on third down, while Washington Football Team was 3-10.

I could marvel at that stat all-day.
          And we had two drop passes and a kneel down at the end of the gameon three of those five non-conversions

Comment

• Panamamike
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Jun 2013
            • Send PM

Originally posted by Bearded14YourPleasure View Post

The only Keenan drop I remember was around the 10 on a 3rd down play. Guess the one in the end zone escaped my memory, apologies.
            No problem my friend. He was actually asked about it in the post game press conference and he grabbed the podium growled and said he wanted the season to start over again right there.

Comment

• Bearded14YourPleasure
              Fluent in Sarcasm
              • Jun 2013
              • Iowa
              • Man of the People
              • Send PM

Originally posted by equivocation View Post
              Herbert had 24 completions to WRs. This is not a problem.
              The problem is that there’s only one ball to share between all these playmakers.

Comment

• Lone Bolt
                Oline-Tip of the Spear...
                • Feb 2019
                • McLean Illinois
                • Pipefitter Illinois State University
                • Send PM

Keenan Allen dropped a touchdown in the first quarter. They each dropped a ball in the end zone yesterday
                Are you sure? I could have sworn it was 15, Guyton who dropped that rocket to the rightside endzone, plus Williams drop...
                The TPB makes plans....And Jim Harbaugh laughs...

Final prediction: Latham OT, Colson LB, Sainristil CB,Rice WR, Zinter OG, Nourzad OC, MacLachlan TE, Vidal RB, Lovett DT

Comment

• Lone Bolt
                  Oline-Tip of the Spear...
                  • Feb 2019
                  • McLean Illinois
                  • Pipefitter Illinois State University
                  • Send PM

No problem my friend. He was actually asked about it in the post game press conference and he grabbed the podium growled and said he wanted the season to start over again right there.
                  Huh...thought he was talking bout the one near the 10...my bad...
                  The TPB makes plans....And Jim Harbaugh laughs...

Final prediction: Latham OT, Colson LB, Sainristil CB,Rice WR, Zinter OG, Nourzad OC, MacLachlan TE, Vidal RB, Lovett DT

Comment

• ChargersPowderBlue
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Aug 2019
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by Velo View Post
                    I beg to differ on the pressure our D put WFT's QB under. I think they were harassing WFT's QBs most of the game, and not just Bosa. It was Nwosu that got through and flattened Fitzpatrick.
                    The team still needs to generate more pressure. We saw how bad it was without Bosa last year. The coaches really need to do something about helping Bosa out and for him to be healthy. This was a problem with the previous coaching staff. Staley and Hill need to right the wrongs under Lynn and Bradley.

Nwosu is inconsistent. There are games where he'll show up, and then other times he disappears. He's too on and off

We need contributions from the other edge rushers. The coaches need to use Rumph more. It's his time to shine. Fackrell has been around the block, I expect more from him.

Middle of the D-line, the interior, still has more to be desired. Lack of pass rush there has been this team's problem for a long time now. The team needs something out of the interior unit; Tillery, Jones, Covington, and whoever else the coaches put to rush the passer there.

Comment

• Heatmiser
                      HarbaughHarrisonHeatMiser
                      • Jun 2013
                      • Send PM

Someone posted a stat that showed we had pressures, hurries, sacks, etc on 50% of the drop backs.That is pretty good?

TG
                      Like, how am I a traitor? Your team are traitors.

Comment

• Xenos
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Feb 2019
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by Bearded14YourPleasure View Post

Agree about Ekeler probably being a game plan thing. I guess I expected more screens to negate the pass rush but the OL didn’t really need help in that regard.
                        Screens are great if a defense needs to blitz. Harder to pull off if there’s only a 4 man rush.

Comment

• BoltUp InLA
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Sep 2020
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by chargeroo View Post

None of that matters because his arms are too short, he'll have to be a Guard ................. yada, yada, yada!
                          I was one of those posters that worried about arms length.. I will more than gladly eat crow on it! He was a STUD out there on the edge against both Sweat and Young, which is no doubt saying something.

Comment

Working...
                          X