Chargers @ WFT GDT and Post Game Discussion (Wk 1)

Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Topcat
    AKA "Pollcat"
    • Jan 2019
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post

This won't help. His contract ALONG WITH PLAYING TIME AND POSTSEASON HONORS is what determines and they will fade.

​​​​​​Tyrod could win MVP and his 5.5 mil deal wont net us a third. That's hitting the Cat nip a little hard.
    There...fixed it for 'ya!

comp.JPG

Giants Wire attempts to provide clarity on how the NFL’s confusing compensatory draft pick formula works.

Comment

• like54ninjas
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Oct 2017
      • Great White North
      • Draftnik
      • Send PM

My 2021 Adopt-A-Bolt List

MikeDub
      K9
      Nasir
      Tillery
      Parham
      Reed

Comment

• ETicket
        Registered Charger Fan
        • May 2017
        • Send PM

Originally posted by like54ninjas View Post
        Recap from a WFT fan/webcaster. Funny, fairly accurate, and every fan base sounds the same after a loss (or a win here).

It's really satisfying and entertaining to listen to another team's fan base melt down after a loss. Such a rewarding and refreshing change from listening to our own fan base melt down. :whistlin:

Comment

• Topcat
          AKA "Pollcat"
          • Jan 2019
          • Send PM

Originally posted by chaincrusher View Post

I thought arm length could be an issue as well. However, Slater did a great job for us yesterday. So maybe this is one of those instances where despite there being a small deficiency versus what is ideal in one area, Slater is so good in other areas that he more than makes up for the much discussed arm length deficiency.
          Yep...did u notice how good Slater's footwork is? He mirrored Young every rep he had...outstanding...

Comment

• FoutsFan
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Feb 2019
            • Birmingham AL
            • Send PM

Originally posted by like54ninjas View Post

JH10 said that he had time to push the ball downfield that is why Ekeler didn’t get chech downs.
            I almost can’t wrap my head around what that statement means. Quality, above average, even spectacular pass protection for an entire game.
            As a long time Charger fan I had almost forgotten what a great O line looked like (for us at least). It was a thing of beauty. Slater will be an allpro/pro bowler for a long time, it almost brought a tear to my eye.

Comment

• Originally posted by ChargersPowderBlue View Post

The team still needs to generate more pressure. We saw how bad it was without Bosa last year. The coaches really need to do something about helping Bosa out and for him to be healthy. This was a problem with the previous coaching staff. Staley and Hill need to right the wrongs under Lynn and Bradley.

Nwosu is inconsistent. There are games where he'll show up, and then other times he disappears. He's too on and off

We need contributions from the other edge rushers. The coaches need to use Rumph more. It's his time to shine. Fackrell has been around the block, I expect more from him.

Middle of the D-line, the interior, still has more to be desired. Lack of pass rush there has been this team's problem for a long time now. The team needs something out of the interior unit; Tillery, Jones, Covington, and whoever else the coaches put to rush the passer there.
              I think they will generate more pressure than with Gus because, at a minimum, they will blitz more.

Nwosu is inconsistent, but also talented. He has a knack for making big plays and I suspect that he will get more consistent with more regular playing time. Fackrell is more consistent, but lack's Nwosu's top end game. Rumph needs to be developed. Right now, he is an obvious pass rush situation only player as he lacks stoutness in the running game. Also, he is not a better pass rusher than Nwosu at this point.

We play a base 3-4. The middle of a 3-4 DL is the NT. That position is hardly ever going to be filled by a player with great pass rushing ability. Players like Joseph fill that position (i.e., the biggest, most stout player on the roster). In other formations, sure, we could benefit from a better interior DL pass rush, but there are not a whole lot of top end interior DL pass rushers throughout the league.

Comment

• Topcat
                AKA "Pollcat"
                • Jan 2019
                • Send PM

Originally posted by Lyth View Post

It's nice to see coaches that understand you can't put all linemen on an island and expect them to win every time.
                No wonder Pip's development is so stunted...a possible excuse here, but the true test will be how well he does later this season...

Comment

• Originally posted by Topcat View Post

Yep...did u notice how good Slater's footwork is? He mirrored Young every rep he had...outstanding...
                  Honestly, the only hesitation I have is that we already knew that Slater matched up well against Young. I am eager to see what he does against other good NFL edge rushers.

Comment

• Originally posted by Topcat View Post

No wonder Pip's development is so stunted...a possible excuse here, but the true test will be how well he does later this season...
                    Sometimes the talent just isn't there. Norton, a scrub UDFA from an inferior league, has supplanted Pipkins. It may be that Pipkins is developed and this is what we have. I think it is a small miracle that Pipkins even made the roster this year as the team has Slater, Bulaga and Norton ahead of him at OT and Feiler and Jaimes can also play OT in a pinch as well.

Comment

• Boltjolt
                      Dont let the PBs fool ya
                      • Jun 2013
                      • Henderson, NV
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by Topcat View Post
                      Fix it all you want, those won't matter and haven't.

Give some examples of when it did? It's pretty much about contracts.

I believe we got a 4th for Micheal Turner and his 34 mil contract and that was 12-13 years ago and was a good contract.

He was second in the league rushing with 1699 yards and I think they went to the playoffs.

Tyrods 5.5 mil won't get us but a 5th. Hec I'd be surprised at a 5th..

Comment

• AK47
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • May 2019
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by Velo View Post
                        Surprisingly, the RBs weren't targeted much.
                        I thought the same but as the game wore on it was evident the WFT could not stop our mid field especially on 3rd downs. Our WRs and Cook were torching them. This also helped preserve Ekeler from taking more hits. Plus our RBs were needed to help chip WFT's edge rushers.

Comment

• Velo
                          Ride!
                          • Aug 2019
                          • Everywhere
                          • Leave the gun, take the cannolis
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by FoutsFan View Post

In yesterday's game the backs often stayed home to help pass protect. It was the game plan for a very good front. It won't be the game plan very often I would guess.
                          Aha. Makes sense. There is that video of Ekeler executing a solid blitz pick up to allow Herbert to make a play.

Comment

Working...
                          X