• Show
Clear All
  • DragonIce
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Mar 2021
    • Arizona
    • Send PM

Originally posted by equivocation View Post
    So it looks like Dan Quinn is a true Cover 3 heavy box proponent.

We have 3 coaches on staff (Staley, Lombardi, Day) who come from coaching staffs (McVay, Payton, Shannahan) with a lot of experience killing cover 3. Everything old is new and goes in cycles and yada yada but right now there is a lot of knowledge about route combos that kill cover 3.

I would also expect some RPOs and more outside zone this week. No need to run dives at their IDL.
    Yup. Big coaching advantage for Bolts this week.

Dallas got gashed in the run game last year and they over-reacted this offseason in personnel decisions. They now do have some run stoppers at DT, but none who can pressure QB. Meanwhile Jerry's penchant for past-their-prime coaches continued with Quinn. He's an improvement from last year but not an innovator.

I suspect Chargers will go 70% pass and feast on boy's pass defense.

Comment

• SoCalDan
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Sep 2021
      • Send PM

I watched the Thursday Night Football game last week. Dallas did play much much better. Parsons is very fast. Will need to have a good gameplan against them. Definitely would like to see less drops this week.

Comment

• Boltdiehard
        The Precious
        • May 2019
        • Send PM

Bosa burgers boys. It’s comin and it’s comin in hot this week.

Comment

• DragonIce
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Mar 2021
          • Arizona
          • Send PM

Originally posted by Caslon View Post
          Dallas and Zak looked pretty damn good against the reigning SB champs. Home field advantage is the only reason the Chargers are -2.5/3. Elliot won’t be contained. I’m choosing Dallas to win this one by more than 7 points.
          Since I've arrived at this forum most every Caslon post carries this general tone.

I can't help but wonder when I combine his posts with his Fargo-based avatar (actor Carl Showalter) that he's bringing that movie's motif to this forum, working some dark comedic shtick.

I'm sure there's a lot more to this story...
          The question is: can we save him himself...and from that woodchipper? :shrug:

00-Fargo-Cast-Movie.jpg

Comment

• powderblueboy
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Jul 2017
            • Send PM

Originally posted by DragonIce View Post

Most fans in Dallas, and objectives analysts across the nation were impressed by Dallas in Game one, loss though it was.

You weren't impressed!?
            Not enough to make them favorites on the road against a good team.
            Chargers gave Tampa Bay a tough game last year.
            At the end of the day, a loss is a loss - and that is what Dallas has been doing lately.

Comment

• powderblueboy
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Jul 2017
              • Send PM

Originally posted by Leslie Grossman View Post
              Biggest ? I have right now is... How good was Collins against TB? If a big drop off there plus Gallup out is huge. Chargers catching Dallas at home now is a nice break.
              Need to run hard at Demarcus Lawrence and chip or double him every passing play he lines up against Storm.
              Its huge when you have a tackle and guard who can erase the top pass rushers on the opposing teams.

Comment

• UglyTruth
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Oct 2018
                • Send PM

I would’ve rather played Dallas on the road and Washington at home. Cowboys fans travel well and will probably dominate the stadium in count. Don’t like that in the first ever home game with fans in that stadium for the Chargers.
                Tom Telesco’s Results in 9 years as Chargers GM:

- 69-74 record
                - 0 division titles in 9 yrs as GM
                - Worst record among all active GMs with same tenure
                - 6th worst winning percentage among all active GMs overall
                - 2 playoff wins despite elite QB all 9 yrs
                - Team still has the same weaknesses (Oline and run defense) that it had when hired as GM in 2013
                - Consistently puts together horrible depth, expects starters to never miss games

Comment

• UglyTruth
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Oct 2018
                  • Send PM

Dallas D was putrid last year. Did they get better?

Tom Telesco’s Results in 9 years as Chargers GM:

- 69-74 record
                  - 0 division titles in 9 yrs as GM
                  - Worst record among all active GMs with same tenure
                  - 6th worst winning percentage among all active GMs overall
                  - 2 playoff wins despite elite QB all 9 yrs
                  - Team still has the same weaknesses (Oline and run defense) that it had when hired as GM in 2013
                  - Consistently puts together horrible depth, expects starters to never miss games

Comment

• Formula 21
                    The Future is Now
                    • Jun 2013
                    • Republic of San Diego
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by Tigerbolt View Post

Signed up today and my first post: Been a Charger fan all my life but went to school at Memphis and still follow the program closely. Gibson and Pollard were studs for the Tigers. Give them an opening and they will burn you. D needs to Bolt Up and close up everything!
                    Welcome aboard.
                    Now, if you excuse me, I have some Charger memories to suppress.
                    The Wasted Decade is done.
                    Build Back Better.

Comment

• SoCalDan
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Sep 2021
                      • Send PM

Dak is a way better QB than Fitz or Heinke. Hopefully, we can get more pressure on him. I did see some drops by his receivers too. Hope the Chargers can get it done. West in both AFC and NFC are all 1-0

Comment

• Lyth
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Sep 2018
                        • Send PM

So it looks like Dan Quinn is a true Cover 3 heavy box proponent.

We have 3 coaches on staff (Staley, Lombardi, Day) who come from coaching staffs (McVay, Payton, Shannahan) with a lot of experience killing cover 3. Everything old is new and goes in cycles and yada yada but right now there is a lot of knowledge about route combos that kill cover 3.

I would also expect some RPOs and more outside zone this week. No need to run dives at their IDL.
                        Zone is zone. This offense has been killing zone. Hope we can find more of a run game, but if not the game should look like our last drive.

Comment

• Caslon
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Apr 2019
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by DragonIce View Post

Since I've arrived at this forum most every Caslon post carries this general tone.

I can't help but wonder when I combine his posts with his Fargo-based avatar (actor Carl Showalter) that he's bringing that movie's motif to this forum, working some dark comedic shtick.

I'm sure there's a lot more to this story...
                          The question is: can we save him himself...and from that woodchipper? :shrug:
                          If you want nice vanilla posts from everyone on this board, I’m not yours or anybody’s guy. I stir the pot sometimes, so what? Your not liking my attitude isn’t even on my to do list. What’s your story, Mr. Vanilla?

Comment

Working...
                          X