• Show
Clear All
  • fanatic
    Registered Chiefs Fan
    • Dec 2021
    • Southern California
    • Realtor
    • Send PM

Chargers are getting healthy and in the SB hunt. In fact I think the Chargers are as good as any AFC team. Health was the big issue. The only thing the Chargers lack is play off experience. Well that did not hinder Cinn last year. So I hate to predict this but I am choosing the Chargers as AFC Champs. Yep from a Chiefs fan.

Your coach has gotten his legs under him and is making good decisions. Bosa back is Massive. Herbert with all his guys healthy is as good as any QB in the league including Mahomes.

Yes I am not a complete KC homer with rose colored glasses on. That said GO CHIEFS.

Side Note: This was a roster reset year for KC. KC had a fantastic draft. KC has played lots of their rookies this year. Kc has lots of cap space next year. Chiefs are set to keep on winning big for years to come. 2023 team has a very good shot at being the best KC team EVER on both sides of the ball.

Comment

• powderblueboy
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Jul 2017
      • Send PM

Originally posted by fanatic View Post
      Chargers are getting healthy and in the SB hunt. In fact I think the Chargers are as good as any AFC team. Health was the big issue. The only thing the Chargers lack is play off experience. Well that did not hinder Cinn last year. So I hate to predict this but I am choosing the Chargers as AFC Champs. Yep from a Chiefs fan.

Your coach has gotten his legs under him and is making good decisions. Bosa back is Massive. Herbert with all his guys healthy is as good as any QB in the league including Mahomes.

Yes I am not a complete KC homer with rose colored glasses on. That said GO CHIEFS.

Side Note: This was a roster reset year for KC. KC had a fantastic draft. KC has played lots of their rookies this year. Kc has lots of cap space next year. Chiefs are set to keep on winning big for years to come. 2023 team has a very good shot at being the best KC team EVER on both sides of the ball.
      I wouldn't be so quick to anoint the Chargers fanatic;
      the Charger offense needs to play much better to give them a shot.

Playoffs, on the AFC side, may well run through Arrowhead.
      Chiefs win their next two, and Buffalo is quite likely to lose against Cincy.

I do think this should have been a down year for K.C..
      Credit goes out to Andy Reid and staff, along with Mahomes.

They are having very good drafts, slotted at the bottom of the first round.
      What's their secret?

Getting that rb Pacheco in the 6th: why is Telesco allergic to speed?

Comment

• fanatic
        Registered Chiefs Fan
        • Dec 2021
        • Southern California
        • Realtor
        • Send PM

Originally posted by powderblueboy View Post

What's their secret?

Not really anointing Chargers. Just looking at the current playoff teams and the current situation with each team. Chargers offense is just now getting healthy. I really like Herbert. Chargers D with Bosa is better than KC D and as good as any AFC Team. Its my hunch. Chargers. Of course Im rooting for KC. Chiefs have had a very lucky season and remarkable good health. Chargers should have won both games against KC and if healthy would have.

FYI: I dont care about rankings. Its based on yards gained or given up. Not relevant in my view.

Comment

• fanatic
          Registered Chiefs Fan
          • Dec 2021
          • Southern California
          • Realtor
          • Send PM

Originally posted by powderblueboy View Post

What's their secret?

As far as draft goes the Chiefs had 12 picks so they could trade up and get guys like McDuffe. That Hill trade was a winfall for KC. 5 picks and cap relief. Veach is really good at late picks and undrafted guys. Watson returned a pick 99 yards against you guys and was a 7th round pick. Pacheko is a 7th round pick. Chiefs have gotten extra picks when other teams hire their coaches and front office guys. Chiefs take chances late in the draft on guys with medical concerns. Smith was a 6th round pick and is crazy good at right guard. Look out next year for a receiver named Ross. This guy could absolutely dominate if healthy. Chiefs gave him a red shirt year to get 100%. Bottom line is KC can afford to take some risks with so many picks. They traded a third and sixth this season for Thoney. He could be a monster if healthy. Chiefs still have 10 picks in the next draft and will get more comp picks with several starters going to free agency. KC already has guys on the roster to replace them.

Comment

• powderblueboy
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Jul 2017
            • Send PM

As far as draft goes the Chiefs had 12 picks so they could trade up and get guys like McDuffe. That Hill trade was a winfall for KC. 5 picks and cap relief. Veach is really good at late picks and undrafted guys. Watson returned a pick 99 yards against you guys and was a 7th round pick. Pacheko is a 7th round pick. Chiefs have gotten extra picks when other teams hire their coaches and front office guys. Chiefs take chances late in the draft on guys with medical concerns. Smith was a 6th round pick and is crazy good at right guard. Look out next year for a receiver named Ross. This guy could absolutely dominate if healthy. Chiefs gave him a red shirt year to get 100%. Bottom line is KC can afford to take some risks with so many picks. They traded a third and sixth this season for Thoney. He could be a monster if healthy. Chiefs still have 10 picks in the next draft and will get more comp picks with several starters going to free agency. KC already has guys on the roster to replace them.
            One of the down sides of giving rookies 'red shirt years' is that it really hurts your depth, so you better not get injuries.

And sometimes, they never do recover and you've been carrying them for a while (Niang was an injury concern that has not panned out for you guys).
            And sometimes, a guy coming out with injury concerns career is cut short and you can only get a few good years out of them (Marcus McNiel comes to mind).

Pipkens was essentially red shirted for 3 years here: finally he's producing.

Good draft pick?

It helps greatly that KC has consistency in their coaching staff: Jatavis Brown bombed out here in Gus D's defense.

Comment

• ghost
              The Rise of Kellen Moore
              • Jun 2013
              • Send PM

Screen Shot 2023-01-01 at 4.25.27 PM.png

Of course Josh McDaniels was right. Stidham and Davante Adams were outstanding. Really killer Raiders-49ers game. Nick for DPOY. If the Raiders replace Hobbs at CB and address their offensive line, they will be formidable next season, now with Derek Carr out of the picture.

Comment

• Boltjolt
                Dont let the PBs fool ya
                • Jun 2013
                • Henderson, NV
                • Send PM

Originally posted by ghost View Post
                Screen Shot 2023-01-01 at 4.25.27 PM.png

Of course Josh McDaniels was right. Stidham and Davante Adams were outstanding. Really killer Raiders-49ers game. Nick for DPOY. If the Raiders replace Hobbs at CB and address their offensive line, they will be formidable next season, now with Derek Carr out of the picture.
                Do you think they stick with Stidham going forward next season? McDaniels has been with Stidham 4 years and just now let him start over Carr and Stidham knew the offense. I think they likely draft a QB in April or sign Jimmy G.
                I think Stidham is a FA after the season so they have to decide what to offer him if they think he will he their guy and hope he works out.

Comment

• Trumpet Man
                  Dea Spanos my HERO
                  • Dec 2022
                  • Send PM

Classy post. Really.

FUCK THE CHIEFS

Comment

• Boltjolt
                    Dont let the PBs fool ya
                    • Jun 2013
                    • Henderson, NV
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by Trumpet Man View Post

Classy post. Really.

FUCK THE CHIEFS
                    So Micheals Pub..... we were playing the Chiefs or maybe the Broncos but think it was the Chiefs. There was a dude in there with their jersey on (whichever it was,)and we scored a TD and were ahead late and you went up to that guy and blew your Trumpet at him near his face...lmao. That was fuckin funny

That 70S Show Lol GIF by PeacockTV

Comment

• captaind
                      Cook This Pork Chops
                      • Jun 2013
                      • Mars
                      • Ball Holder
                      • Send PM

I'm hearing that the Donkeys have officially reached out to Harbaugh.

Comment

• Boltjolt
                        Dont let the PBs fool ya
                        • Jun 2013
                        • Henderson, NV
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by captaind View Post
                        I'm hearing that the Donkeys have officially reached out to Harbaugh.
                        Saw they were interested in Quinn, Harbaugh and Payton but haven't read they reached out to any. Assuming Quinn is the only one they will get of the three.

Comment

• Trumpet Man
                          Dea Spanos my HERO
                          • Dec 2022
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post

So Micheals Pub..... we were playing the Chiefs or maybe the Broncos but think it was the Chiefs. There was a dude in there with their jersey on (whichever it was,)and we scored a TD and were ahead late and you went up to that guy and blew your Trumpet at him near his face...lmao. That was fuckin funny

That 70S Show Lol GIF by PeacockTV
                          I completely forgot about that episode. Damn. Too funny.

My wife has learned to roll with the madness. You met her. Deserves a medal of honor dealing with my shit.

Our first date was 1992 Round 1 of the playoffs in San Diego against the Chiefs (we won btw). I have told this story but it may be new to those reading it here. It was POURING rain. I intentionally did NOT tell Linda I was trumpet man until she heard me playing "CHARGE" on top the RV. She exits the RV wondering WTF is this ? It gets better .... before she exited another fan climbed on top of the RV and lit a dummy (effigy) of a Chiefs player on fire as it dangled off a hangman's noose. By that time hundreds of fans had surrounded the RV BEFORE she exited. Now I am playing "TAPS" as this damn thing burns in the rain (curious how they got the thing lit on fire in the rain). In the mayhem, the effigy was run over by the fans on the pavement while on fire....I think a car ran it over as well (details are sketchy). The look on her face was needless to say "priceless". I did ask her the g/f if she was a Raiders, Broncos or Chiefs fan before we dated or all bets are off. Bye. The rest is history.

Comment

Working...
                          X