• Show
Clear All
  • Boltjolt
    Dont let the PBs fool ya
    • Jun 2013
    • Henderson, NV
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltgang74 View Post

Would you rather have a 10 year span of 5 div. titles or none?
    I hear ya but the goal is a SB. No bragging rights for a division title because it means nothing.

When Philip Rivers is voted on for the Hall of Fame they're not going to say well he won the division title five times.

Comment

• Boltgang74
      We Are The Storm!
      • Aug 2018
      • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post

I hear ya but the goal is a SB. No bragging rights for a division title because it means nothing.

When Philip Rivers is voted on for the Hall of Fame they're not going to say well he won the division title five times.
      At this point I would be thrilled with baby steps as our team didnt even make it as a wildcard again this year.TT aint the answer.Hes had a decade we should move on.

Comment

• ChargersPowderBlue
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Aug 2019
        • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltgang74 View Post

At this point I would be thrilled with baby steps as our team didnt even make it as a wildcard again this year.TT aint the answer.Hes had a decade we should move on.
        We'll see how he improves things. He's on his third HC. Unlike Lynn and Mccoy, Staley knows what he's doing. Although I do wonder about BS sometimes.

Comment

• ghost
          The Rise of Kellen Moore
          • Jun 2013
          • Send PM

Originally posted by gzubeck View Post

You are giving AJ Smith way too much credit. I went and checked his draft history and it sucked so bad I can't believe your mentioning him. He had 3 good drafts and that was because we were drafting sky high. His last 5 years with us absolutely sucked and we did well because of LT, Rivers, Sproles, Merriman and a couple others. Massive flameouts with straight last five years other than Ingrahm.

Checkout the complete draft history of Los Angeles Chargers starting from 1936 to present including year by year draft picks on Pro-Football-Reference.com

:wtf:

AJ Smith - 5 AFC West titles in 10 seasons.

SCOREBOARD.

Also, do a rundown of the 2006 AFC WEST PRO BOWL ROSTER. There were 11 fucking Chargers on that squad.

Check out the 2006 NFL Pro Bowlers including AFC and NFC results and standings on Pro-football-reference.com

Comment

• ghost
            The Rise of Kellen Moore
            • Jun 2013
            • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post

Well they have the same number of SB appearances.
            2006 Chargers - Marty snapped like a dry twig in the home playoff game and AJ wanted Marty fired for it. There is audio of Marty, on head-set, saying that someone needs to 'come calm him down.' I love Marty but his playoff record speaks for itself. He brought his worst playoff defeat with him and it was the final game he ever coached. THAT is why that 2006 squad lost to the Patriots at home.

For reference, I was a massive Cleveland fan when Elway's Broncos beat Marty's Brown in back-to back playoff games, with 'The Drive' and 'The Fumble.' This was 'The Meltdown'.

How do I know this? NFL Films had Marty wired for sound that day and I saw a partial transcript.

Comment

• Maniaque 6
              French Speaking Charger Fan
              • Jan 2019
              • Québec city
              • Send PM

Originally posted by ghost View Post

2006 Chargers - Marty snapped like a dry twig in the home playoff game and AJ wanted Marty fired for it. There is audio of Marty, on head-set, saying that someone needs to 'come calm him down.' I love Marty but his playoff record speaks for itself. He brought his worst playoff defeat with him and it was the final game he ever coached. THAT is why that 2006 squad lost to the Patriots at home.

For reference, I was a massive Cleveland fan when Elway's Broncos beat Marty's Brown in back-to back playoff games, with 'The Drive' and 'The Fumble.' This was 'The Meltdown'.

How do I know this? NFL Films had Marty wired for sound that day and I saw a partial transcript.
              I don't think you are wright on this
              That defeat has a name : Marlon McCree !
              Last edited by Maniaque 6; 01-20-2022, 02:54 PM.

Comment

• ghost
                The Rise of Kellen Moore
                • Jun 2013
                • Send PM

Originally posted by Maniaque 6 View Post

I don't think you are right on this
                That defeat has a name : Marlon McCree !
                Teams lose composure when the head coach loses composure.

I was a admin here every day during the 2006 season. I think I know of which I speak. Thanks.

Explain Marty going for it on 4-and-11.

Cam Cameron screamed back at Marty 'The hell we are! We're punting!'

Cam then went to the coach and counseled him him to calm down. Cam told him he can't let the pressure get to him.

Comment

• blueman
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Jun 2013
                  • Send PM

Marty melted down in the car to the stadium that day. Was done before KO.

Comment

• powderblueboy
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Jul 2017
                    • Send PM

Teams lose composure when the head coach loses composure.

I was a admin here every day during the 2006 season. I think I know of which I speak. Thanks.

Explain Marty going for it on 4-and-11.

Cam Cameron screamed back at Marty 'The hell we are! We're punting!'

Cam then went to the coach and counseled him him to calm down. Cam told him he can't let the pressure get to him.
                    It was 4rth & 7, not 4rth & 11....i've seen the game on dvd dozens of times.

The story goes that Marty asked Kaeding whether he could make the 48 yard field goal and Kaeding told him "I don't know".
                    Marty chose to go for it because his field goal kicker lacked confidence (Staley would approve)

Marty also chose to go for it on 4rth & 2, later in the half. They got it and went on to score a touchdown.

So Marty was excitable: i don't see where his decisions that day where Lynnesque, or even Staleyesque

Keys to the 2nd half loss:

1. McCree's fumble
                    2. Parker's muffed punt & Florence's personal foul on 3rd down
                    3. Vincent Jackson's 3rd down drop
                    4. Quentin Jammer getting burned by Caldwell
                    5. Shane Olivea's roughing penalty on an extra point.
                    6. A River's interception
                    7. Nate Kaeding's 54 yard shank

Not certain where Marty was responsible in all these.

Comment

• ghost
                      The Rise of Kellen Moore
                      • Jun 2013
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by powderblueboy View Post

It was 4rth & 7, not 4rth & 11....i've seen the game on dvd dozens of times.

The story goes that Marty asked Kaeding whether he could make the 48 yard field goal and Kaeding told him "I don't know".
                      Marty chose to go for it because his field goal kicker lacked confidence.

Marty also chose to go for it on 4rth & 2, later in the half. They got it and went on to score a touchdown.

Keys to the 2nd half loss:

1. McCree's fumble
                      2. Parker's muffed punt & Florence's personal foul on 4rth down
                      3. Vincent Jackson's 3rd down drop
                      4. Quentin Jammer getting burned by Caldwell
                      5. Shane Olivea's roughing penalty on an extra point.
                      6. A River's interception
                      7. Nate Kaeding's 54 yard shank

Not certain where Marty was responsible in all these.
                      https://www.sandiegouniontribune.com...power-patriots

Dozens of times, you say? Bummer. San Diego Union Tribune agrees with me.

4th-and-11

It wasn’t Schottenheimer’s finest game. For example: His gamble on fourth-and-11. The game was scoreless in the first quarter. The ball was at New England’s 30. Rivers got sacked, and the Patriots drove for a 3-0 lead. - TOM KRASOVIC

Comment

• powderblueboy
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Jul 2017
                        • Send PM

AJ Smith - 5 AFC West titles in 10 seasons.

SCOREBOARD.

Also, do a rundown of the 2006 AFC WEST PRO BOWL ROSTER. There were 11 fucking Chargers on that squad.

Check out the 2006 NFL Pro Bowlers including AFC and NFC results and standings on Pro-football-reference.com

A.J. Smith couldn't tell the difference between a street hooker and a nun after Marty left.

Comment

• powderblueboy
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Jul 2017
                          • Send PM

https://www.sandiegouniontribune.com...power-patriots

Dozens of times, you say? Bummer. San Diego Union Tribune agrees with me.

4th-and-11

Rivers threw an interception on that 4rth down play. When did Krasovic write the article?

Comment

Working...
                          X