• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ghost
    The Rise of Kellen Moore
    • Jun 2013
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt4Knob View Post

I have a feeling Horseface is going to luck into Rodgers like he did Huckleberry Manning

I just hope the Packers GM keeps saying the name "Surtain" as part of the trade
    I think I like this hire by George Paton. I'm starting to see the NFL as a family business now, and Marty loved his father.

Comment

• jamrock
      lawyers, guns and money
      • Sep 2017
      • Send PM

Originally posted by FoutsFan View Post

I agree I cannot see why he would want to come to the AFC West which is the best QB overall division and one of the toughest overall divisions in football when he can go to a much easier division.
      He’s in the easiest division right now. Lions and Bears are and have been a mess and Vikings can’t get it together. Can’t have an easier path than where he is right now

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Dec 2019
        • Send PM

Originally posted by jamrock View Post

He’s in the easiest division right now. Lions and Bears are and have been a mess and Vikings can’t get it together. Can’t have an easier path than where he is right now
        Broncos have very good talent - except OLine.

Jeremiah said they have top 10 talent.

They can work the cap to easily get Rodgers. Maybe even Adams though truly, WR is not the issue for them, its QB and OL

If they get Rodgers and don't have to give up too much talent - I can see them in that 11-12 win range.

Telesco needs to figure it, pretend his job is actually on the line going into year 10 and put a team together that WINS the AFCWest and not is playing for 7th on the last game of the season.

Comment

• gzubeck
          Ines Sainz = Jet Bait!
          • Jan 2019
          • Tucson, AZ
          • Send PM

Originally posted by ghost View Post

There's a thread specially to whine about Lombardi. We like to keep shit raked in one pile. Thanks.
          Who says I'm Whining. It's a fact. Lombardi is the least of our problems. he probably helps in some areas and hurts in others. For me it's a wash at the moment.
          Chiefs won the Superbowl with 10 Rookies....

"Locked, Cocked, and ready to Rock!" Jim Harbaugh

Comment

• Velo
            Ride!
            • Aug 2019
            • Everywhere
            • Leave the gun, take the cannolis
            • Send PM

The Raiders apparently want to hire Josh McDaniels as their HC. If he comes to the AFC West, it will be interesting because there are some who consider Brandon Staley to be McDaniels 2.0.

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Dec 2019
              • Send PM

Originally posted by Velo View Post
              The Raiders apparently want to hire Josh McDaniels as their HC. If he comes to the AFC West, it will be interesting because there are some who consider Brandon Staley to be McDaniels 2.0.
              McDaniels wasn't great in Denver but his work with the draft was pretty solid if I recall. I once looked at his two years and he brought in decent talent that helped prepare for the Fox/Manning years.

Comment

• ghost
                The Rise of Kellen Moore
                • Jun 2013
                • Send PM

Originally posted by gzubeck View Post

Who says I'm Whining. It's a fact. Lombardi is the least of our problems. he probably helps in some areas and hurts in others. For me it's a wash at the moment.
                Take this to the Lombardi thread. Please.

Comment

• Boltjolt
                  Dont let the PBs fool ya
                  • Jun 2013
                  • Henderson, NV
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt4Knob View Post

McDaniels wasn't great in Denver but his work with the draft was pretty solid if I recall. I once looked at his two years and he brought in decent talent that helped prepare for the Fox/Manning years.
                  If you liked the Tebow pick in the first round. I don't recall who else they drafted then but I think Elway was the GM then as well so not sure how much influence McDaniels had, but I do know McDaniels pissed of Cutler who then demanded a trade.

Comment

• 21&500
                    Bolt Spit-Baller
                    • Sep 2018
                    • A Whale's Vajayjay
                    • CMB refugee
                    • Send PM

I think I remember seeing Joshy celebrating like he won the superbowl, when Tebow was drafted to Denver.

iirc
                    G-Ro knows.

Comment

• 21&500
                      Bolt Spit-Baller
                      • Sep 2018
                      • A Whale's Vajayjay
                      • CMB refugee
                      • Send PM

I was the guy keeping the door open for JM here last offseason.
                      had to fight tooth and nail but I think I got some support before we went with Staley.
                      I think he can be success
                      I KNOW he'll be fun to root against in Vegas
                      G-Ro knows.

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Dec 2019
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post

If you liked the Tebow pick in the first round. I don't recall who else they drafted then but I think Elway was the GM then as well so not sure how much influence McDaniels had, but I do know McDaniels pissed of Cutler who then demanded a trade.
                        The 2009 Draft was not as good as I thought, not bad with Ayers, and Knowshon Moreno plus a DLine in Alphonso Smith

2010 was stellar - even with Tebow
                        Demaryius Thomas
                        Zane BEadles
                        JD Walton
                        Eric Decker
                        PErrish Cox

Thats pretty damn good right there

Comment

• Topcat
                          AKA "Pollcat"
                          • Jan 2019
                          • Send PM

Maybe McDaniels does for the Faiders (like the Cutler-Orton QB trade fiasco) what he did when he was HC of the Donks:

"On January 11, 2009, the Denver Broncos named McDaniels their head coach, replacing Mike Shanahan.[9] The Broncos introduced McDaniels, who agreed to sign a four-year, $8 million contract, as their head coach in a press conference the next day.[10][11]

McDaniels's tenure with the Broncos was marred early on by a controversy involving an alleged trade offer from the Patriots involving the team's quarterback, Jay Cutler, which would have sent Matt Cassel to Denver. On March 9, 2009, according to ESPN, a conference call involving McDaniels, team owner Pat Bowlen and Cutler failed to resolve the issues. Cutler said he did not trust McDaniels and the organization following the trade controversy.[12] On April 2, 2009, the Broncos traded Cutler and a 2009 fifth-round draft pick to the Chicago Bears for quarterback Kyle Orton, first- and third-round picks in 2009 and a first-round pick in 2010.

2009 season
                          The Broncos started their first season under McDaniels with six straight wins, including an overtime win over the Patriots in Week 5, before suffering four straight losses. In the last game of the season, McDaniels and the Broncos still had a potential playoff berth on the line, but lost to the Kansas City ChiefsControversy surrounded McDaniels for his benching of Pro Bowl wide receiver Brandon Marshall for the game due to disciplinary reasons; Marshall would be traded to the Miami Dolphins after the season.

2010 season
                          McDaniels' second season in Denver ended with a 3â€Â"9 record. The Broncos lost to the Kansas City Chiefs on December 5, and on the next day, McDaniels was fired by the Broncos."

Comment

Working...
                          X