• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Topcat
    AKA "Pollcat"
    • Jan 2019
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt4Knob View Post

I have a feeling Horseface is going to luck into Rodgers like he did Huckleberry Manning

I just hope the Packers GM keeps saying the name "Surtain" as part of the trade
    In case Horseface strikes out trying to sign Rodgers, who would be a nice consolation prize? And who would be a jacked-up Horseface classic bonehead signing?

Comment

• Berserker76
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Nov 2019
      • Send PM

Originally posted by Topcat View Post

Maybe McDaniels does for the Faiders (like the Cutler-Orton QB trade fiasco) what he did when he was HC of the Donks:

"On January 11, 2009, the Denver Broncos named McDaniels their head coach, replacing Mike Shanahan.[9] The Broncos introduced McDaniels, who agreed to sign a four-year, $8 million contract, as their head coach in a press conference the next day.[10][11]

McDaniels's tenure with the Broncos was marred early on by a controversy involving an alleged trade offer from the Patriots involving the team's quarterback, Jay Cutler, which would have sent Matt Cassel to Denver. On March 9, 2009, according to ESPN, a conference call involving McDaniels, team owner Pat Bowlen and Cutler failed to resolve the issues. Cutler said he did not trust McDaniels and the organization following the trade controversy.[12] On April 2, 2009, the Broncos traded Cutler and a 2009 fifth-round draft pick to the Chicago Bears for quarterback Kyle Orton, first- and third-round picks in 2009 and a first-round pick in 2010.

2009 season
      The Broncos started their first season under McDaniels with six straight wins, including an overtime win over the Patriots in Week 5, before suffering four straight losses. In the last game of the season, McDaniels and the Broncos still had a potential playoff berth on the line, but lost to the Kansas City ChiefsControversy surrounded McDaniels for his benching of Pro Bowl wide receiver Brandon Marshall for the game due to disciplinary reasons; Marshall would be traded to the Miami Dolphins after the season.

2010 seasonKansas City Chiefs on December 5, and on the next day, McDaniels was fired by the Broncos."

I'm hoping the Faiders take him. Maybe they enjoy a short honeymoon before that team blows-up.

Comment

• Boltdiehard
        The Precious
        • May 2019
        • Send PM

Fuck Denver

Comment

• blueman
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Jun 2013
          • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltdiehard View Post
          Fuck Denver
          This.

Comment

• 21&500
            Bolt Spit-Baller
            • Sep 2018
            • A Whale's Vajayjay
            • CMB refugee
            • Send PM

In case Horseface strikes out trying to sign Rodgers, who would be a nice consolation prize? And who would be a jacked-up Horseface classic bonehead signing?
            Carson Wentz
            G-Ro knows.

Comment

• Topcat
              AKA "Pollcat"
              • Jan 2019
              • Send PM

Originally posted by Berserker76 View Post

I'm hoping the Faiders take him. Maybe they enjoy a LONG (short) and mediocre honeymoon of about, oh, 3 years or so before that team blows-up.
              There...fixed it for 'ya!

Comment

• Charge!
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Aug 2019
                • Send PM

Donkeys hired a GB OC coach to be HC......as a prerequisite to going after Rodgers and Adams......... heard from reliable sources that they almost completed a deal for him before this season.....DEN made a major offer for him but got turned down...... and they will go all out to get him this time....

Rodgers on donkeys will make the AFCW the best division in NFL with 4 great QB's..... but hard for any to be number one seed because we will all be good enough too split with each other......

Comment

• gzubeck
                  Ines Sainz = Jet Bait!
                  • Jan 2019
                  • Tucson, AZ
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by Charge! View Post

Donkeys hired a GB OC coach to be HC......as a prerequisite to going after Rodgers and Adams......... heard from reliable sources that they almost completed a deal for him before this season.....DEN made a major offer for him but got turned down...... and they will go all out to get him this time....

Rodgers on donkeys will make the AFCW the best division in NFL with 4 great QB's..... but hard for any to be number one seed because we will all be good enough too split with each other......
                  Is this the best idea? Crap I'm thinking there will be at least two playoff teams always coming from our division and maybe three if we get our act together. This would be the most competitive division in the NFL.
                  Chiefs won the Superbowl with 10 Rookies....

"Locked, Cocked, and ready to Rock!" Jim Harbaugh

Comment

• NoMoreChillies
                    Outback Goon
                    • Sep 2018
                    • Australia
                    • Send PM

Rogers goes to Denver will turn AFC West into AFC Best

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Dec 2019
                      • Send PM

I think the Broncos back up plan would be Russell Wilson

I don't think its gets to Wilson unless the Steelers come up with a trade. I can see the Packers wanting Rodgers out of the NFC and the Broncos need a QB

They have the young talent to get it done . I think its bound to happen

Telesco needs to up his game this offseason and Spanii needs to allow Telesco the flexibility in free agency to pursue difference making talent. That doesn't mean a lot of players - but that might mean pushing the budget

Comment

• Velo
                        Ride!
                        • Aug 2019
                        • Everywhere
                        • Leave the gun, take the cannolis
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by NoMoreChillies View Post
                        Rogers goes to Denver will turn AFC West into AFC Best
                        I would enjoy having Aaron Rodgers in the division and having the opportunity to play against him twice per season. Conventional wisdom seems to be it would be bad for the Chargers, but I look at it just the opposite. If you face a trio of QBs like Mahomes, Rodgers and Carr six times during the regular season, think of how prepared your defense is going to be facing playoff competition when the post-season comes. That's the way I look at it. Besides Rodgers is going to turn 39 this year. He doesn't have an AR12 fitness/nutrition thing like Brady. He'll be eligible for Medicare when Herbert is still playing. So I'd welcome him to the division.

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Dec 2019
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by Velo View Post

I would enjoy having Aaron Rodgers in the division and having the opportunity to play against him twice per season. Conventional wisdom seems to be it would be bad for the Chargers, but I look at it just the opposite. If you face a trio of QBs like Mahomes, Rodgers and Carr six times during the regular season, think of how prepared your defense is going to be facing playoff competition when the post-season comes. That's the way I look at it. Besides Rodgers is going to turn 39 this year. He doesn't have an AR12 fitness/nutrition thing like Brady. He'll be eligible for Medicare when Herbert is still playing. So I'd welcome him to the division.
                          If A-A-Ron joins the Broncos - that just makes the division tougher. But shouldn't matter - Telesco needs to looking at having an offseason that puts the Chargers in 1st place in the AFCWest. Playing for the 7th seed the last game of the season - not going to cut it. He needs to really do some damn good work this offseason.

Comment

Working...
                          X