• Show
Clear All
  • blueman
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Jun 2013
    • Send PM

Originally posted by jamrock View Post

Cold take. Denver has lots of skill players and a solid defense
    And they beat us with [who?] at QB when we really needed the win.

Comment

• gzubeck
      Ines Sainz = Jet Bait!
      • Jan 2019
      • Tucson, AZ
      • Send PM

Originally posted by Maniaque 6 View Post
      We lost against HOU, are you afraid of the Texans ?
      I'm afraid of any NFL team if we field a defense like we had last year. Staley is under the hood tinkering with the engine and knows most likely what needs to be fixed.

:wtf2:
      Chiefs won the Superbowl with 10 Rookies....

"Locked, Cocked, and ready to Rock!" Jim Harbaugh

Comment

• gzubeck
        Ines Sainz = Jet Bait!
        • Jan 2019
        • Tucson, AZ
        • Send PM

For some reason I'm not afraid of them. I bet they waste a season just getting their offense to work properly and by next season they will start to feel the negatives of their draft rape!

:whistlin:
        Chiefs won the Superbowl with 10 Rookies....

"Locked, Cocked, and ready to Rock!" Jim Harbaugh

Comment

• Xenos
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Feb 2019
          • Send PM

Let’s see how well that defense performs without Fangio. And Denver has an inconsistent OL as well.

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Dec 2019
            • Send PM

Originally posted by Xenos View Post

Let’s see how well that defense performs without Fangio. And Denver has an inconsistent OL as well.
            Denver has the cap space to add to the OLine
            good point about the defense

I see a lot of Denver fans wanting: Von Miller, Bobby Wagner, Calais Campbell, Mathieu, bring back Kareem Jackson

I hope this is Paton's strategy - granted, I doubt it is. They have the cap space to recreate the Manning year free agent class of Ware, Ward, Talib, Sanders, Louis Vasquez

Hence: Telesco - get do it. Push some damn chips into the table. Go big

Comment

• IMO, even though Wilson is a top 7 QB, DEN paid too much for him.

DEN was in prime position to have another huge offseason this year. They had 5 picks in the top 3 rounds and were among the teams with the highest salary cap room.

They wiped out their high end draft capital for the next two seasons and reduced their salary cap space all in one move. They also gave up a good TE in Fant.

I get that this year's draft is not loaded with elite QBs, but next year's draft class is expected to be stronger at the QB position. So I see DEN's move as extremely shortsighted for a team that, contrary to popular opinion, is not loaded across the board as their OL is lacking and their front 7 on defense is nothing special.

They will be better in 2022 than they otherwise would have been, but likely not good enough to win a Super Bowl, and they flushed a very real chance to build a team that could have been a top contender for years to come.

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Dec 2019
                • Send PM

Originally posted by chaincrusher View Post
                IMO, even though Wilson is a top 7 QB, DEN paid too much for him.

DEN was in prime position to have another huge offseason this year. They had 5 picks in the top 3 rounds and were among the teams with the highest salary cap room.

They wiped out their high end draft capital for the next two seasons and reduced their salary cap space all in one move. They also gave up a good TE in Fant.

I get that this year's draft is not loaded with elite QBs, but next year's draft class is expected to be stronger at the QB position. So I see DEN's move as extremely shortsighted for a team that, contrary to popular opinion, is not loaded across the board as their OL is lacking and their front 7 on defense is nothing special.

They will be better in 2022 than they otherwise would have been, but likely not good enough to win a Super Bowl, and they flushed a very real chance to build a team that could have been a top contender for years to come.
                But if you win one - its worth it

Thats kind of why I want Telesco to push some chips into the middle of the table. Granted, he has to pick the right free agents and draft picks. This doesn't mean go crazy in free agency signing a bunch of guys. But it does mean aiming a bit higher for the talent - and really getting a couple difference makers and not just "slight upgrades".

Comment

• Boltx
                  Dominate the day
                  • Jun 2013
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt4Knob View Post

Denver has the cap space to add to the OLine
                  good point about the defense

I see a lot of Denver fans wanting: Von Miller, Bobby Wagner, Calais Campbell, Mathieu, bring back Kareem Jackson

I hope this is Paton's strategy - granted, I doubt it is. They have the cap space to recreate the Manning year free agent class of Ware, Ward, Talib, Sanders, Louis Vasquez

Hence: Telesco - get do it. Push some damn chips into the table. Go big

man, if we are waiting for TT to rescue us in year 9...we are screwed.
                  ESPN Screename: GoBolts02

Comment

• powderblueboy
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Jul 2017
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt4Knob View Post

Thats kind of why I want Telesco to push some chips into the middle of the table. Granted, he has to pick the right free agents and draft picks. This doesn't mean go crazy in free agency signing a bunch of guys. But it does mean aiming a bit higher for the talent - and really getting a couple difference makers and not just "slight upgrades".
                    Denver is rolling the dice.

No way they go anywhere with the two headed monster from last year at qb.
                    They had to make the move (no qbs worth a damn in the draft).
                    You don't win in the NFL without a qb.
                    They were facing years of mediocrity and decided they are all in for the next few years.

Chargers patient and cautious as always: Telesco has a 5-10 year plan.

Comment

• Eurobolt
                      *** Jim Harbaugh ***
                      • Sep 2018
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by powderblueboy View Post

Denver is rolling the dice.

No way they go anywhere with the two headed monster from last year at qb.
                      They had to make the move (no qbs worth a damn in the draft).
                      You don't win in the NFL without a qb.
                      They were facing years of mediocrity and decided they are all in for the next few years.

Chargers patient and cautious as always: Telesco has a 5-10 year plan.
                      They are not roling the dice.
                      They tried to draft QB for years could not hit.
                      They take top 5 QB in the league, with plenty of strong players on that team they are definitely a PO contender.

Denver looks scary on paper for me.
                      KC is a powerhouse.
                      Raiders were to PO last year.

We have TT so ye nothing to be worried.... We will build through DRFT yeee...

Comment

• Originally posted by Bolt4Knob View Post

I agree that Telesco needs to be aggressive in free agency as we have more holes than draft picks are likely to fill.

Regarding DEN, they are more than 1 player away, so I doubt adding Wilson gets them there, though I think they have a good chance of being better than 7-10. Still, in the long run, the loss of those draft picks is going to hurt them. If I were in charge of the Broncos, I would have kept the draft picks.

Comment

• Originally posted by Eurobolt View Post

They are not roling the dice.
                          They tried to draft QB for years could not hit.
                          They take top 5 QB in the league, with plenty of strong players on that team they are definitely a PO contender.

Denver looks scary on paper for me.
                          KC is a powerhouse.
                          Raiders were to PO last year.

We have TT so ye nothing to be worried.... We will build through DRFT yeee...
                          KC is not a powerhouse. With a healthy James on the field for the whole game, we win both games against them easily.

LV is basically a .500 team.

DEN is some better this year with Wilson, but they were set up to be a lot better within a couple of years had they just kept patient and retained their many good draft picks. Wilson is not a top 5 QB. He is the third best QB in his own division. And DEN is not strong on their OL or with respect to their front 7 on defense.

What makes our division difficult is not that any of our opponents are elite, but rather that they are all .500 or better type teams at this point, so we will not be getting any chances for easy divisional wins like other playoff contending AFC teams get such as TEN, IND and BUF.

Comment

Working...
                          X