• Show
Clear All
  • gzubeck
    Ines Sainz = Jet Bait!
    • Jan 2019
    • Tucson, AZ
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Velo View Post

And I'll say it two or three more times. After the contracts that came after Mike's, given to Christian Kirk, then Davante Adams, then Tyreek Hill, Mike Williams' contract is a steal for the Chargers. Mike had said before that he wanted to stay with the Chargers and that he doesn't like change. He may have been motivated by that to take a bit less than he may have gotten in FA. But Mike is in position with a team that is on the rise with a young great QB on his rookie contract to do some serious winning. If in 3-4 years Mike has a couple of rings and Adams and Hill have made more money but have not won anything, who is the winner? All three will be wealthy, but rings count.

Mike's contract is for three years, he will only be 30 when it expires, and if he continues to play at a high level he will be in position to cash in and get another juicy contract. It's also good for the team, because when they start having to pay Herbert full market value after his rookie contract expires, the cap situation is going to be a lot different for the Chargers.

At the end of the day, though, the question for me is would you rather have:

Tyreek Hill, having given up almost your entire draft to get him, then have his mega contract with an astronomical guaranteed amount; or

Mike Williams, with his contract and not having to give up any picks for him?

IMO, it's a no-brainer. I'll take Mike 100 times out of 100 given the situation.
    I don't look at it that way. It's a fair deal for both parties as Mike has had some injury issues as well. These dumbasses might get bit on the ass concerning the big guarantees. We'll see how this pans out over the next couple of years and I'm not saying they wont get something in return just not as much as expected.

:coffee:
    Chiefs won the Superbowl with 10 Rookies....

"Locked, Cocked, and ready to Rock!" Jim Harbaugh

Comment

• Budsman
      Registered Charger Fan
      • May 2017
      • Send PM

And I'll say it two or three more times. After the contracts that came after Mike's, given to Christian Kirk, then Davante Adams, then Tyreek Hill, Mike Williams' contract is a steal for the Chargers. Mike had said before that he wanted to stay with the Chargers and that he doesn't like change. He may have been motivated by that to take a bit less than he may have gotten in FA. But Mike is in position with a team that is on the rise with a young great QB on his rookie contract to do some serious winning. If in 3-4 years Mike has a couple of rings and Adams and Hill have made more money but have not won anything, who is the winner? All three will be wealthy, but rings count.

Mike's contract is for three years, he will only be 30 when it expires, and if he continues to play at a high level he will be in position to cash in and get another juicy contract. It's also good for the team, because when they start having to pay Herbert full market value after his rookie contract expires, the cap situation is going to be a lot different for the Chargers.

At the end of the day, though, the question for me is would you rather have:

Tyreek Hill, having given up almost your entire draft to get him, then have his mega contract with an astronomical guaranteed amount; or

Mike Williams, with his contract and not having to give up any picks for him?

IMO, it's a no-brainer. I'll take Mike 100 times out of 100 given the situation.
      Well this comparison is pointless because there was never a chance of the chargers having hill. So comparing his deal and trade to Williams is not fair.

On the other hand we’re in a message board fucking about so I’ll bite.

Ill take hill with the giant contract and giving up the draft picks over Williams. Hill would be an amazing fit for Herbert’s arm. Hill would make this offense deadly and yes I would have made that move in two seconds if it was ever a possibility, but it wasn’t so whatever.

Comment

• Lone Bolt
        Oline-Tip of the Spear...
        • Feb 2019
        • McLean Illinois
        • Pipefitter Illinois State University
        • Send PM

I dont care what the circumstances...Hill is a crappy human being...on tape saying his wife(girlfriend?)and kid better be afraid of him, and I believe he he did break his kids arm, but nobody wants to listen to the mother, cuz Hill kills it on the turf...I would never want to root for that dude...why is this even a debate?
        Adopted Bolt: Kimani Vidal RB

Final prediction: Latham OT, Colson LB, Sainristil CB,Rice WR, Zinter OG, Nourzad OC, MacLachlan TE, Vidal RB, Lovett DT

Comment

• Velo
          Ride!
          • Aug 2019
          • Everywhere
          • Leave the gun, take the cannolis
          • Send PM

Originally posted by Budsman View Post

Well this comparison is pointless because there was never a chance of the chargers having hill. So comparing his deal and trade to Williams is not fair.

Ill take hill with the giant contract and giving up the draft picks over Williams. Hill would be an amazing fit for Herbert’s arm. Hill would make this offense deadly and yes I would have made that move in two seconds if it was ever a possibility, but it wasn’t so whatever.
          RECEIVING YDS
          Hill 1239
          Williams 1146

TDs
          Hill 9
          Williams 9

RECEPTIONS 20+ YDS
          Williams 17
          Hill 13

RECEPTIONS 40+ YDS
          Williams 9
          Hill 3

Cost to acquire Hill: 1st, 2nd & 4th round pick 2022; 4th & 6th round pick 2023. $72.5 million guaranteed
          Cost to retain Williams: 0 draft picks. $40 million guaranteed

You still would take Hill and his contract plus all those draft picks over Williams? Sometimes, most of the time actually, the grass is not greener on the other side.

Comment

• 21&500
            Bolt Spit-Baller
            • Sep 2018
            • A Whale's Vajayjay
            • CMB refugee
            • Send PM

Originally posted by Lone Bolt View Post
            I dont care what the circumstances...Hill is a crappy human being...on tape saying his wife(girlfriend?)and kid better be afraid of him, and I believe he he did break his kids arm, but nobody wants to listen to the mother, cuz Hill kills it on the turf...I would never want to root for that dude...why is this even a debate?
            100%
            Soul not for sale
            Chargers vs. Everyone

Comment

• Originally posted by Budsman View Post

What this man said right here.

Comment

• Originally posted by Velo View Post

RECEIVING YDS
                Hill 1239
                Williams 1146

TDs
                Hill 9
                Williams 9

RECEPTIONS 20+ YDS
                Williams 17
                Hill 13

RECEPTIONS 40+ YDS
                Williams 9
                Hill 3

Cost to acquire Hill: 1st, 2nd & 4th round pick 2022; 4th & 6th round pick 2023. $72.5 million guaranteed

You still would take Hill and his contract plus all those draft picks over Williams? Sometimes, most of the time actually, the grass is not greener on the other side.
                I would take Hill over Williams. Hill forces defenses to adjust to him in a major way, which basically makes plays available for every other receiver in addition to compiling his own great stats.

Williams is a good player. Tyreek Hill is a six time Pro Bowl sure fire Hall of Fame player. Hill is vastly superior to Williams. He is absolutely the most valuable non-QB in the league and I do not think that is a particularly close call.

The Dolphins got a better deal for Hill than we got for Mack in terms of what for what. As I have stated previously, the draft picks are completely misleading until you examine their actual value. The first round pick is a late first round pick, which has less value. The Raiders paid marginally more for Adams in terms of draft pick value and Hill is much better than Adams. Adams is a good receiver, but he does not force major defensive changes every week like Hill does.

KC's offense looks pretty tame now by comparison to what it was. There is not a player in the league or draft that can replace Hill. Their other WRs can be single covered. Kelce should see more defensive attention now that Hill is gone. I am not sure they will even have a top 10 offense this year.

Comment

• blueman
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Jun 2013
                  • Send PM

Why I’m really liking JWill for us at 17, all other things considered.

Comment

• Budsman
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • May 2017
                    • Send PM

RECEIVING YDS
                    Hill 1239
                    Williams 1146

TDs
                    Hill 9
                    Williams 9

RECEPTIONS 20+ YDS
                    Williams 17
                    Hill 13

RECEPTIONS 40+ YDS
                    Williams 9
                    Hill 3

Since 2017

Receiving yards
                    williams - 3,662
                    hill - 6037

TDs
                    Williams - 26
                    Hill - 56

Receptions 20+ yards
                    Williams - 59
                    Hill - 86

Receptions 40+ yards
                    Williams - 21
                    Hill - 31

let’s not cherry pick stats. Of course comparing Williams best year vs hills mediocre year makes the numbers look better. I could compare Hills 2020 vs Williams 2020 stats and make Williams look like A bum compared to hill.

Comment

• Budsman
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • May 2017
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by 21&500 View Post

100%
                      Soul not for sale
                      You have to trust the justice system or who do you trust, TMZ? If he didn’t get any charges then I have to believe it didn’t meet the level of abuse. If we try everyone in the court of public opinion everyone is guilty until proven innocent.

Comment

• FoutsFan
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Feb 2019
                        • Birmingham AL
                        • Send PM

You have to trust the justice system or who do you trust, TMZ? If he didn’t get any charges then I have to believe it didn’t meet the level of abuse. If we try everyone in the court of public opinion everyone is guilty until proven innocent.
                        Both can be true, Hill didnt get charged (because he is a star player) but that does not mean that not signing a bad apple is trying someone in the court of opinion.

Comment

• Lone Bolt
                          Oline-Tip of the Spear...
                          • Feb 2019
                          • McLean Illinois
                          • Pipefitter Illinois State University
                          • Send PM

Since 2017

Receiving yards
                          williams - 3,662
                          hill - 6037

TDs
                          Williams - 26
                          Hill - 56

Receptions 20+ yards
                          Williams - 59
                          Hill - 86

Receptions 40+ yards
                          Williams - 21
                          Hill - 31

let’s not cherry pick stats. Of course comparing Williams best year vs hills mediocre year makes the numbers look better. I could compare Hills 2020 vs Williams 2020 stats and make Williams look like A bum compared to hill.
                          What...it's not a "what have you done for me lately" league? Last time I checked it was....so I don't think it's cherry picking stats...more recent stats are more relevant...
                          Adopted Bolt: Kimani Vidal RB

Final prediction: Latham OT, Colson LB, Sainristil CB,Rice WR, Zinter OG, Nourzad OC, MacLachlan TE, Vidal RB, Lovett DT

Comment

Working...
                          X