• Send PM

IMG_4917.jpg

Comment

• RTPbolt
      Charger Fan till the end
      • Jun 2013
      • North Carolina
      • Send PM

This is like Christmas day! What a gift to the afc west. That was a massive loss. Hill is near uncoverable. 111 catches last year. 9 carries for over 100 yards rushing. Key dangerous kick returner. KC was screwed keeping him tying up cap space or losing him and his special athletic production.

Our defense just looks twice as good shoring up the CB core with Jackson and adding Mack to cause mismatches with Bosa. Hill was such a key threat to manage and now that frees up resources to cover and rush players.

What an awesome day…..and i had nothing to do with it!

Comment

• NoMoreChillies
        Outback Goon
        • Sep 2018
        • Australia
        • Send PM

KC turned 5th round pick Tyreek Hill into multiple picks and dumped his huge salary. Its like a soft reset for them.

Comment

• Originally posted by NoMoreChillies View Post
          KC turned 5th round pick Tyreek Hill into multiple picks and dumped his huge salary. Its like a soft reset for them.
          Hill is the most dangerous WR in all of football. There is a reason why their fanbase is freaking out today. The loss of Hill is a huge loss for them. No matter who they get, the player will be no replacement for Hill. No more sandlot football with Hill just running across the field and outrunning everyone on broken plays. KC's offense just took a major, major hit. Teams will not have to account for other receivers like they had to account for Hill.

And they have a bunch of holes on defense as well.

Sure, they got great value from him based upon where they selected him, but their team is markedly worse today than it was yesterday.

Comment

• Bolt Dude
            Draftnik
            • Oct 2020
            • Send PM

Originally posted by chaincrusher View Post

Hill is the most dangerous WR in all of football. There is a reason why their fanbase is freaking out today. The loss of Hill is a huge loss for them. No matter who they get, the player will be no replacement for Hill. No more sandlot football with Hill just running across the field and outrunning everyone on broken plays. KC's offense just took a major, major hit. Teams will not have to account for other receivers like they had to account for Hill.

And they have a bunch of holes on defense as well.

Sure, they got great value from him based upon where they selected him, but their team is markedly worse today than it was yesterday.
            Mahomes will still be running around trying to made sandlot plays. He’ll still make a few, mostly with Kelce and Hardman, but not nearly as many, especially with Bosa and Mack bearing down and no Tyreek to save his ass.
            Our quarterback is a golden god.

Comment

• jamrock
              lawyers, guns and money
              • Sep 2017
              • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post
              Hill was all about the money from what I read
              And that makes him different from who?

Comment

• equivocation
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Apr 2021
                • Send PM

Originally posted by jamrock View Post

Quite a few.

Comment

• DerwinBosa
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Feb 2022
                  • Send PM

Maybe Andy Reid really likes the receivers in this draft. He has the picks to trade up if he desires to.

Comment

• FarAwayBoltFan
                    San Diego Native
                    • Feb 2019
                    • Farmington, NM
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by chaincrusher View Post

I think the Chiefs got very little for Hill. When draft pick value is considered, including deferred compensation present value reduction, the Chiefs did not even get as much as the Packers got for Adams and I would take Hill over Adams any day of the week. Hill is a unique talent. Yes, he is a piece of crap human being, but he is one heck of a football player who puts tons of pressure on defenses, which helps his teammates out in a big way. I suspect that Adams without Rodgers is good, but not elite and certainly not the kind of constant threat that Hill is.

On the other hand, Hill is not a good fit with Miami because, let's face it, they do not have even an above average QB, so why are they wasting all that money and all those draft picks on Hill? They got a good deal, but is there any WR greatness that can transform Tua into anything but an average at best QB?

I guess I would put it like this. I did not care at all that the Raiders acquired Adams. I would actually rather see Adams twice a year than a fully developed Ruggs. Their offense is less explosive than it was a year ago even though Adams has greater overall WR skill than Ruggs has.

However, I am very happy to see Hill off of KC's roster. I have always thought people had it backwards to some degree when they suggested that Mahomes made Hill. I think that a good part of it may have been the other way around. (Of course, in 2018, Mahomes arguably had the game's top WR, RB, TE and play caller all at once, which helps a lot.)

If we had the resources, I would have wanted us to give the Chiefs that level of compensation for HIll in a New York minute.
                    Using the trade value chart and the presumption that a pick next year is worth 1 round less than the current year, the Chief netted almost exactly 1100 points in draft value for Tyreek Hill. 1500 points is the equivalent of the 15th overall pick this year. I'd make that trade too.

Comment

• SBbound
                      Casual fanatic
                      • Feb 2019
                      • Merced/San Diego
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by jamrock View Post

JC Jackson

Comment

• SBbound
                        Casual fanatic
                        • Feb 2019
                        • Merced/San Diego
                        • Send PM

At a Stubhub game Hill was visibly faster than everyone else on the field. It was astonishing how fast he was that day, he made everyone else look pedestrian.
                        KC lost an important piece for opening up the middle of the field. Good riddance.

Comment

• Originally posted by FarAwayBoltFan View Post

Using the trade value chart and the presumption that a pick next year is worth 1 round less than the current year, the Chief netted almost exactly 1100 points in draft value for Tyreek Hill. 1500 points is the equivalent of the 15th overall pick this year. I'd make that trade too.
                          I would make that trade if I were the Dolphins. I think Hill is easily worth at least two good first round picks by himself. He is easily more valuable than Khalil Mack was when the Raiders traded him to Chicago.

Comment

Working...
                          X